The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    R&B and Garage now? Alex really needs a label regardless of whether it's a major or not. I don't think she has the ability to tell what sounds good and what doesn't...

Not necessarily, the sounds that came out of those snippets sounded better than anything she's put out previously. You're only as good as the people you work with. The previous indie stuff was badly produced, but had potential. It's a production problem imo. TBH, I'm here for the proposed sound rather than HOH pt. 2.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Are we still getting that EP tho?
    She hasn't mentioned it in AGES
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    ye tim I think we are, she's at G-A-Y on New years eve so she'd need new material so guessing EP promo
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    ye tim I think we are, she's at G-A-Y on New years eve so she'd need new material so guessing EP promo

REALLY? Me and my friends are thinking of going there!
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    REALLY? Me and my friends are thinking of going there!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4WyWsTCMAAPWtZ.jpg

yeee i wanna go so bad
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

me too, Katy B & Alex in the same night is like TOO good. Someone take me? It's my birthday lol :)

I'd be here for Garagandra with a few R&B midtempos/ballads thrown in. :D
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Alex is going to garage, I'd love her to do something similar to this Mariah remix:

https://soundcloud.com/funkinmatt/mariah-carey-youre-mine
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Alex & Beyonce duet wrote history. I was laughing so hard at Sam Bailey and Nicole Shinestealer trying to match it last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Alex & Beyonce duet wrote history. I was laughing so hard at Sam Bailey and Nicole Shinestealer trying to match it last year

I would have preferred just Nicole to sing that on her own tbh lol. (Totally off topic but she's another who drives me insane with the material she releases, you have that EPIC voice yet you choose to release such rubbish?!)

Anyway... We got like HUNDREDS of that charity single in at work today, am I missing something? Is it getting airplay/TV play? It seems like an awful lot for a totally under the radar release :confused:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »

I actually watched that duet again a few nights ago, and Nicole gave me goosebumps, honestly her voice is insane.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's gone to new york
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YASSSS! My mother informed me today that she's getting me tickets to see the Bodyguard :D SO happy!

(was meant to be a surprise but she needed to check the dates I'm available haha)
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    YASSSS! My mother informed me today that she's getting me tickets to see the Bodyguard :D SO happy!

(was meant to be a surprise but she needed to check the dates I'm available haha)

Enjoy ^_^^_^
    Forum Member
    you seen all the producers commenting on her instagram now they've seen shes back in NYC?? they're like POP IN STUDIO

and that Lydia Ceasar who did that 'Lottery' bop song was like WE'VE GOT 2 SONGS WAITING FOR THE WORLD TO HEAR, WHERE ARE YOU??
    Forum Member
    What Lottery song?!
    Forum Member
    What Lottery song?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScbkJnzdrs

she wrote this song, its abit of a bop tbh
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScbkJnzdrs

she wrote this song, its abit of a bop tbh

It sounds amateur.
    Forum Member
    It sounds amateur.

She isn't a producer tho, only a writer!
    Forum Member
    I really like songs in that "direction" so if there's only 1 song like that bit better I'll be fine
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This comment left last week on the Hallelujah video basically sums up my feelings on Alex's career.
    "What a shame this channel hasn't been active in 2 years.."
    Two albums in six years after winning (one of them being a rushed winner's album from Syco) is a joke :(
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    This comment left last week on the Hallelujah video basically sums up my feelings on Alex's career.
    Two albums in six years after winning (one of them being a rushed winner's album from Syco) is a joke :(

It's not really her fault. There's only so much control one has when signed to a major.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »

I don't know how her début album was rushed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how her début album was rushed?

Well all winner's albums are usually rushed so they can be ready in time to promote on the following series of X Factor.
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Beast sessions" ? What a joke! I dmed alex a few weeks agao telling her that I felt she should go the dawn richard way and release a few eps that connect from one to another. The names were quite good too, blackheart and goldheart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she still refer to herself as "The Beast"? So cringy :(