Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 62)

Comments

• Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 5m5 minutes ago
    #TheApprentice pulled in 6.38m/28.3% last night, its highest rating since 12th November.

UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 1m1 minute ago
    Excluding #TheApprentice, everything at 9pm was under 2m:
    ITV - Hit and Run: 1.96m
    BBC2 - #SecretsoftheCastle 1.64m
    C4 - Comedy Awards 1.38m

Will Downes ‏@WillDownes 1m1 minute ago
    327k for the excellent 'The Fight for Saturday Night' on BBC4 last night. #Obscure #TVRatings

Very good for The Apprentice, secretly hoping for 7m on Sunday but it's on for two hours as it includes You're Fired/Hired so probably being optimistic.

Shocking for ITV. That is awful, they may as well shut up shop between now and 1 January.

Shame The Fight for Saturday Night rated low, was a fantastic documentary.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    #TheApprentice pulled in 6.38m/28.3% last night, its highest rating since 12th November.

C4 - Comedy Awards 1.38m

327k for the excellent 'The Fight for Saturday Night' on BBC4 last night. #Obscure #TVRatings

Good figure for The Apprentice, but that what happens when ITV are sub 2m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember how many comments and views the Broadchurch thread had, but you can't deny The Missing has struck a chord. Like the ITV drama its not dropped from the top of the TV forum and now has nearly 600,000 views.

Drama like The MIssing and Broadchurch are what makes UKTV great, and I hope both 2nd series have the same impact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Much better for The Apprentice. But I suppose that's what happens when no other Channel is showing anything of note.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Looking at Broadcast figures for the annual channel ratings performance I see why Channel 5 would want to cling to the "Big Brother" format. Its not provided anything new or different to their formulaic schedule but its keeping their share afloat which would otherwise be depressed without it. Unlike BBC one which actually gains viewers over the year, peaktime viewership between 7 and midnight lost 6.7% from 2013, down to 931,000 in 2014. these declines would be much higher without the Endemol reality show keeping these figures padded, so its still earning its place on Channel 5. A false economy perhaps to rely on it too much though as Channel 4 found to its cost.

When Channel 4 had Big Brother they also used it to launch other shows like Lost for example. I don't think Channel 5 use it enough to boost the shows around it.
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

C4 - Comedy Awards 1.38m

Very good for The Apprentice, secretly hoping for 7m on Sunday but it's on for two hours as it includes You're Fired/Hired so probably being optimistic.

Shocking for ITV. That is awful, they may as well shut up shop between now and 1 January.

Apart from Text Santa and the Soaps, I don't think we have anything big on the channel until Christmas Day's Downton Abbey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't remember how many comments and views the Broadchurch thread had, but you can't deny The Missing has struck a chord. Like the ITV drama its not dropped from the top of the TV forum and now has nearly 600,000 views.

Drama like The MIssing and Broadchurch are what makes UKTV great, and I hope both 2nd series have the same impact.

Both these shows remind me of Murder One which followed a murder case from beginning to the end. I wonder if ITV or the BBC would consider something similar here, considering how well a single case incident has worked for these two shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coronation Street topped the midweek soap ratings (December 17) with the ongoing build-up to a dramatic Christmas for the Platts, overnight figures show.

7.36m (34.7%) watched at 7.30pm on ITV and 169k (0.8%) on +1 as David struggled to trust Kylie following the recent strains on their marriage.

Emmerdale attracted 6.08m (30.7%) at 7pm on ITV and 126k (0.6%) on +1 as Finn covered for Ross after the bad boy was arrested for the Home Farm raid.

Waterloo Road's latest run of episodes concluded with 2.74m (12.8%) at 8pm on BBC One as Justin's latest angry outburst left his family in tatters.

Hollyoaks claimed 915k (4.8%) at 6.30pm on Channel 4 as Nico discovered that Dodger is her father, while the aftermath brought 761k (3.9%) to E4's first look at 7pm and 225k (1.1%) to E4+1.

Home and Away managed 297k (4.2%) at 1.25pm and 576k (3.3%) at 6pm on Channel 5, while 5*'s first look followed with 440k (2.3%) at 6.30pm.

Elsewhere, Doctors was seen by 1.46m (21.9%) at 1.45pm on BBC One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markynotts wrote: »
    Apart from Text Santa and the Soaps, I don't think we have anything big on the channel until Christmas Day's Downton Abbey.

I imagine they're hoping Skyfall will be fairly sizable (5m+) in the ratings it pulls in, I certainly hope it is.

But ITV during this period are usually sub 3m on most days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both these shows remind me of Murder One which followed a murder case from beginning to the end. I wonder if ITV or the BBC would consider something similar here, considering how well a single case incident has worked for these two shows.

Chris Chibnall said Murder One was a big influence on him when he wrote Broadchurch. Broadchurch and The Missing are character studies as much as thrillers. The Missing's working title was Breakdown which is very apt when you watch what happened to peoplein it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Showing Skyfall on Christmas Eve is a great idea, especially seeing as the BBC schedulers were on LSD when scheduling on that day.

Home and Away is quite an odd one isn't it? The rating for its main showing is pretty pisspoor, but when you take into account the other showings throughout the day it brings it pretty much into line with the other daytime soaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Chris Chibnall said Murder One was a big influence on him when he wrote Broadchurch. Broadchurch and The Missing are character studies as much as thrillers. The Missing's working title was Breakdown which is very apt when you watch what happened to peoplein it.

That's interesting to know about Chris Chibnall. I would certainly welcome more of this type of drama on TV.

I guess for every Bonekickers, we have a Silent Witness
    and
    for every Atlantis we have anything else on BBC One which is a drama :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting to know about Chris Chibnall. I would certainly welcome more of this type of drama on TV.

I guess for every Bonekickers, we have a Silent Witness
    and
    for every Atlantis we have anything else on BBC One which is a drama :D

I think the quality of drama is better now than a few years ago. The absolute stinkers now are well made.

I remember the horror of Virtual Murder on BBC1.

http://youtu.be/FbWdSiXFjbs
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

C4 - Comedy Awards 1.38m

Good figure for the Apprentice there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think the quality of drama is better now than a few years ago. The absolute stinkers now are well made.

I will have to check that one out when I get home :)

Do we only have one episode of Corrie on Friday - with the ITV Staff Christmas party on ? (Text Santa)
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    In case anyone wants to know the Comedy Awards results.

Jack Whitehall wins top comedy award again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30511102
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Showing Skyfall on Christmas Eve is a great idea, especially seeing as the BBC schedulers were on LSD when scheduling on that day.

I know. Its either one of the biggest ever scheduling gaffes or an absolute genius move. I know which one my monies on!! :)
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Home and Away is quite an odd one isn't it? The rating for its main showing is pretty pisspoor, but when you take into account the other showings throughout the day it brings it pretty much into line with the other daytime soaps.
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I know. Its either one of the biggest ever scheduling gaffes or an absolute genius move. I know which one my monies on!! :)

ITV should have saved their money and show Harry Potter on Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,633
    Forum Member

Loving the Beeb One globe though. Wish Charlotte would bring it back. There are hints of the 1991 globe in the tree circle formation on the Christmas idents this year I think, it reminds me a bit of that particular graphic.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/thunderbirds-are-go-blast-back-second-series
    Thunderbirds Are Go to blast back on to tv screens for second series

ITV Studios and Pukeko Pictures have been commissioned by CITV to make a second series of Thunderbirds Are Go, the major new reinvention of the iconic children’s show, ahead of the premiere of series one.

CITV has ordered a second 26 x 30’ series of Thunderbirds Are Go to air in 2016 and 2017. The new children’s series is set to premiere on ITV and CITV in spring 2015, 50 years after the TV debut of the classic show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Fantastic!! They must have high faith in this new series and must have interest from other broadcasters around the world. I imagine this is the main reason for its recommission before its even aired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel & Sue will launch on ITV on Monday 12th January at 4pm. So the daytime schedule after 2pm stands at:

2pm Judge Rinder
    3pm Tipping Point
    4pm Mel & Sue
    5pm The Chase

Pretty strong line-up, if Mel & Sue doesn't flop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel & Sue will launch on ITV on Monday 12th January at 4pm. So the daytime schedule after 2pm stands at:

2pm Judge Rinder
    3pm Tipping Point
    4pm Mel & Sue
    5pm The Chase

Pretty strong line-up, if Mel & Sue doesn't flop.

Tipping Point at 3pm? Thought that would stay at 4pm.
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Tipping Point at 3pm? Thought that would stay at 4pm.

Is it a repeat run of TP? If so then it makes sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Is it a repeat run of TP? If so then it makes sense.

Even so Tipping Point works very well at 4pm and boosts The Chase.
This discussion has been closed.