Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason though, it still seems more acceptable for women to wear wigs than men - still can't get over John Travolta!:D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have 5 guinea [w]pigs that I lend out on request.
    It all goes well until they start pooping!:o

Inspired by this thread, I'm setting up a chari-dee.
    Once a year all of the celeb treacles get a 'day trip' to the coast, for a bit of r &r (It's a tough life, being directly under the spotlight when nobody gives you credit!).
    Y'know, they can get a bit of pampering, conditioning and the like, chill out....
    People might think a gang of critters have been released from a fur-farm, but, hey, that can only be a good thing, can't it?
    So, care to donate?
    And, um, anyone know if there is a spa in, erm....wait for it...

Wigan!:D

Oh, stop groaning!:p
  • j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    Tyra Banks wears some awful wigs!

One of my favourite episodes of America's Next Top Model in the last season was when her wig slipped lol :eek: !

oh god i know! i think i watched mostly to see how god-awful her hair(wig:o) would be:D

p.s what was with all those head scarfs she kept wearing last season?!:eek::eek::eek::confused::D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What of Joan Collins.? Never seen her real hair in my life.!!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    What of Joan Collins.? Never seen her real hair in my life.!!

Neither has she. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j24 wrote: »
    yeah he does he only wears it in public tho and shaves off the few hairs he's got left

Are you talking about Andy Scott Lee :eek::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to Tony Blackburn's wig...

Why does he wear this stupid 'lace front' thing that tries to look as if the hairs are growing out? Even from where I can see it just looks like a piece of tape with doll hair coming out.

Even a tailor's dummy wig for £10 would look better than Blackburn's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must look more closely next time he's on:::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    I must look more closely next time he's on:::D

I don't know how much he paid for it, but my mum bought a ladies wig when she went to a party and it was miles better than Blackburn's or Fortsyhe's.

It only cost £35.

I bet these stars pay up to about £5,000 probably more. I heard Elton John's cost a fortune. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Elt had had a transplant done?! I'm obviously not very good at syrup spotting:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, his transplant failed. He has loads of lace front wigs now. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D..
    seriously though, it must be awful to lose your hair - there's nothing you can do about it and even if you get a good wig you can't wear it 24/7 - you'd think they'd have found a cure for baldness by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    ? Even from where I can see it just looks like a piece of tape with doll hair coming out.

QUOTE]

You made me snort so loudly with laughter when I read that I startled myself.:D

Doll hair - fabulous:eek:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how much he paid for it, but my mum bought a ladies wig when she went to a party and it was miles better than Blackburn's or Fortsyhe's.

It only cost £35.

I bet these stars pay up to about £5,000 probably more. I heard Elton John's cost a fortune.:D

You wouldn't believe it to look at it. :eek: :D

Same goes for Bruce Forsyth - all the money in the world and I've seen Ken dolls with more convincing barnets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like someone else said, I, too, never realised that John Travolta wore a wig.

I suppose it's acceptable if you're doing a film or something. But to wear it when you're washing the dishes, is just weird. ;)

That link of John Travolta's 'hairline' is scary! :D
    http://www.lacefrontwig.co.uk/images...front_wig2.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but Ive always thought it would be really funny if someone such as Wogan had their wig blown off by a sudden gust of wind live on TV!! Or a guest could pull it off! :D

Do you know, I love Terry Wogan, and I am aware of the wig thing. But everytime I see him in an audience situation like say "Children In Need" I am on tenterhooks because I am always convinced someone is going to stand up and whip it off. The same when he was on "Buzzcocks" I was convinced someone was going to say "All right Terry keep your hair on - I mean wig" My mate says he is too respected for that to happen. But all it takes is some p*ssed up fool in the audience or a showbiz person high on coke! to do it live - Oh I shall have to have a drink now!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only the eldery celebs. Doesn't Darren from SCD wear a wig?

It is said that he does ?

Also that other bloke from SCD...Ian I think he's called, the one who partnered Penny Lancaster this year ? Go back a year or two and he was thin on the top....now it's back ! As Cascada would say...Miracle ! :p

And that BeeGee, Robin I think it is ? Next to nothing on top and then...Miracle !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.michael.fabricant.mp.co.uk
    That MP wears the worst wig EVER.
    I seem to recall someone saying that John Nettles a la Bergerac wears one.
    Burt Reynolds of course!
    There's a website somewhere that has pics of loads of celebrity wiggies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what Louis Walsh did to his barnet half way through the X Factor? It suddenly changed and looked thicker but didn't look like a wig?
  • MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect John Barrowmans isn't quite natural.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Tony Blackburn is an odd one, because even in his twenties he had weird hair - it had no real shape and seemed to hang loosely down the back of his neck. Maybe he lost his own hair in his youth and always wore a syrup, or ended up getting a wig that looked as odd as his own hair! What did he do in the jungle? Did they give him special 'wig-adjustment' leave every now and again? (Mind you, there're some dubious rumours out there. I had a relation who worked at the BBC, and there seemed to be no one working at Radio 1 or 2 who wasn't supposed to wear a wig. The number of people who had the same story about seeing one of them lose it on a windy day somewhere out in Portland Place! If they were all true you'd see wigs flying around like tumbleweed in the desert!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are hair extensions not just another form of wig - OK they may not be plonked on top of the head like some of the guys but in celebsville now it seems that a lot of the females have hair extensions in.
  • brylcreembrylcreem Posts: 2,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man City soccer player Stephen Ireland:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/Stephen%20Ireland.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melodybear wrote: »
    I suspect John Barrowmans isn't quite natural.

Yeah it looks odd and IMO its ageing him :eek:
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Nesbitt seems to have more hair than he did recently! He definitely had a receding hairline.