Bryan Watson and Carmen Vincelj

13»

Comments

• arddunolarddunol Posts: 12,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillyanne , you haven't read many of the theads here to be able to say that .

Much of what is posted about Karen doesn't stop at negative , it is nasty at the least and often of a personal nature .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I thought the dance itself was very good, but Carmen caught my eye more than Bryan, who I wasn't that keen on. I'm going to watch more of their routines this coming week to see what I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    arddunol wrote: »
    Gillyanne , you haven't read many of the theads here to be able to say that .

Much of what is posted about Karen doesn't stop at negative , it is nasty at the least and often of a personal nature .
    You're right about that one Arddie. I'm even suprised that those kind of posts are allowed to stay on the forum. I find a lot of these personal remarks/attacks towards the celebs or pro-dancers rather disrespectful to say the least. :eek:
  • Cat BalouCat Balou Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed B&C's routine tonight. They are brilliant and it is great to see them on prime time TV.

I hope we see more world champion show dances during this season and, much as I love them, not just Vincent and Flavia who were yet again showcased in the American Smooth. IMHO you can have too much of a good thing. :o
  • Icarus17Icarus17 Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I don't doubt that it was a technically outstanding dance, but for some reason, and despite Carmen's spins, it just didn't have that wow factor for me. Perhaps it needed a full sized ballroom to do them justice, and their pure style does not fully come across on a small TV screen as well as, say, Darren and Lilia's does?
  • jacquiannjacquiann Posts: 2,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought they were fantastic & so did hubby. I did n't realise he was the Bryan that used to partner Karen I'd read about. I've even kept the results show on our Sky+ planner so I can watch it again & I don't normally do that until we are well into the series; as the dances don't usually get really good imo until then.
    I just watched the B&K jive & then the B&C one & must say I prefered karen but maybe I am biased as I'm one of her fans :p.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    * Becca * wrote: »

You wanna see fast spins - check out Joanna Leunis's Cha Cha from 2004 Superstars!

Becca you are not kidding. God only knows what stress is put on the knees.

Happy New Year! :):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTMaXNQImU
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Becca you are not kidding. God only knows what stress is put on the knees.

Happy New Year! :):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTMaXNQImU

Gosh! I feel ill just watching Joanna perform those many spins.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I am surprised holes were not drilled into the floor. :D

Michael and Joanna are 2008 Professional Latin World Champions for the first time, after a 9-year reign by Bryan and Carmen, but before that a 14-year reign by Donnie and Gaynor.
  • * Becca ** Becca * Posts: 4,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And one for Hans and Bianca thrown in there, also, in the year where Donnie and Gaynor 'retired' before returning to the floor.

Hopefully, Michael and Joanna's win will be one thrown in between now and a long reign from Slavik. Ha!