Options

GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Glad to hear Rockstar are giving us something out of this long process $500k will do me nicely no more sleeping on the streets for me :D I need to get a decent apartment, and custom my guns and buy a new car.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talk about destroying the housing market!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atlantic wrote: »
    Also I think you can still get blown up by grenades and rocket launchers. Also campers hide out beside garages to shoot unsuspecting players leaving the garage.

I wouldn't recommend passive mode as you're not able to shoot back. At least in normal mode you have a fighting chance.

Yup, a few times I've had people drive past and throw a sticky bomb onto my car even when in passive mode. THat's a medical bill, and the hassle of getting my car back, and having to get back to what I'm doing.

They need a PvE mode. I've hardly played online as I'm sick of doing nothing but watching my back. If I were able to just get on with things and do the killing in missions, deathmatch, etc, then I'd be on all the time.

I don't mind if people tamper with my getaway car - or something similar - when I'm trying to do a robbery. But just running me down or blowing me up is bloody pointless.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Yeah free roam for my last 2 play throughs have been full of campers hiding, or kids screaming down the mic shooting my car when im in passive mode. I dont see the point in that mode if they can still run you over and destroy your car while you are driving it.

My PSN add: DeadlyVegas if anyones wants to have a fun game :)
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do I get this 500k from Rockstar then ?

**I've just read the link posted a page back. thanks anyway**
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess everyone will be buying the most expensive pad in the game with Rockstar's compo :D
  • Options
    AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, a few times I've had people drive past and throw a sticky bomb onto my car even when in passive mode. THat's a medical bill, and the hassle of getting my car back, and having to get back to what I'm doing.

They need a PvE mode. I've hardly played online as I'm sick of doing nothing but watching my back. If I were able to just get on with things and do the killing in missions, deathmatch, etc, then I'd be on all the time.

I don't mind if people tamper with my getaway car - or something similar - when I'm trying to do a robbery. But just running me down or blowing me up is bloody pointless.

Don't forget that after being killed you re-spawn close enough to be killed again by the same player. Also you spawn unarmed so you waste two seconds trying to equip a weapon.

Fortunately I now know the respawn location for the Buzzard and once in awhile I just fly over the campers and unleash missiles all over the city. It's a shame the targeting system only auto locks onto Police vehicles and not online players.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like they could do with 'Core' and 'Hard Core' modes like on Black Ops or Call of Duty etc.

Then in 'Core' mode other players can't kill you but you can kill non player characters.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    I guess everyone will be buying the most expensive pad in the game with Rockstar's compo :D

Nah, I've already got an apartment with a 10 car garage. My free money will be going on new cars, insurance and bullet proof tyres.
  • Options
    AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Nah, I've already got an apartment with a 10 car garage. My free money will be going on new cars, insurance and bullet proof tyres.

So you took advantage of "Violent Duct" before they removed the replay option AND downgraded the payment from 9K to 3K? Fortunately I managed to grind out over 200K from that job and bought a 10 garage apartment early on. It's a shame you can't own more than one property at a time.

Bullet proof tyres are a must.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you took advantage of "Violent Duct" before they removed the replay option AND downgraded the payment from 9K to 3K? Fortunately I managed to grind out over 200K from that job and bought a 10 garage apartment early on. It's a shame you can't own more than one property at a time.

No, I just ground it out naturally, Violent Duct was already down to 3,000 before I realised there was an exploit. A good chunk of my apartment was paid from selling the highest value cars and doing the import/export for Simeon.
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »

Wonder if rockstar are bringing out better pads after heists. How much did Franklin's cost? 400k for the top ones available isn't much in today's market.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone come across an armoured car yet? How do they appear on the map?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Has anyone come across an armoured car yet? How do they appear on the map?

I've passed one on the freeway, but I was busy doing something else. You get a notification and a white truck icon on the map when one is nearby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. I've managed to get a 10 garage apartment without grinding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    Wonder if rockstar are bringing out better pads after heists. How much did Franklin's cost? 400k for the top ones available isn't much in today's market.

Its bugger all in todays market especially after the 500k give away.

After you buy an apartment i dont really see the point of money any more.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its bugger all in todays market especially after the 500k give away.

After you buy an apartment i dont really see the point of money any more.

10 fully modified cars, some nice planes and helicopters, and all guns modded.
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Can't say i am happy at someone on my friends list going around with their crew and blasting me for nothing...hilarious
  • Options
    BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    I just order a boat, cost around $22.000. You have to phone up to get it delivered to the dock every time you want to use it, at $1000 at time. I take it when you buy a copper or plane it will be the same.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Online finally really clicked for me tonight. After alot of rather tedious nights losing money and just aimlessly wondering the map I actually had some proper fun that proved the beauty of this game isn't in the idiots that just around blowing up anything that moves but in actually doing some co-op and enjoying the world.
    Found a random apartment. Buzzed the door. Was let in. Watched a bit of TV- security cam and the Weasel News function to watch other players was great fun. Smoked a fee bongs. And then went on a drive with my new friend. After driving around we went to the pier. Caused some havoc and got a four star wanted level. Cue an amazing car chase which ended with us flying off a cliff onto the beach. Assumed all was lost but we tumbled down next to two jet skis. Jump on one each and then have the most ridiculous sea chase that lasted over twenty minutes. Then one of us has to abandon ship. Pick them up and speed to the coast near Chilliad. Go on foot and run up the mountain side. Three helicopters relentlessly pursuing us. Ammo runs out. Call Merryweather for a drop. Have a last stand but both get wasted. Then drive around for a while playing various mini games. Brilliant fun which really recreated those great GTA moments online and in co-op. The people who just drive around shooting things randomly really are missing the point. Many riches in this game!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed the lack of animals online? I don't think there is any.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Bit annoyed at some dudes shooting me and stealing my bmx right after I got to the very top of Mt Chilliad. So very annoyed at that. They were getting helicopters and everything and I was just on a little dirt bike! :mad: I heard them talking about me too. I wish there was some sort of text chat so I could've asked them to spare me. But alas, what do you get online? :rolleyes:

I played a few death matches though, that was fun, got invited into a dudes apartment and got drunk, I had to turn it off then and I haven't had chance to play today because my brother nabbed the game whilst I was at work.:mad:
  • Options
    2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    BlackSkyuk wrote: »
    I just order a boat, cost around $22.000. You have to phone up to get it delivered to the dock every time you want to use it, at $1000 at time. I take it when you buy a copper or plane it will be the same.

*groans* I'm saving for a plane at the moment, that pricing sounds like a complete rip-off!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just bought the 80k apartment with 2 car garage

pretty cool

with my free money i'll probably upgrade to the cheapest apartment with 10 car garage and hiest room....no point in paying 400k for the same apartment you get for less than 300k

100k worth of sticky bombs in a central location...or a nice view away from everything ,.....no choice really

the cheaper apartment is right next to gun shop/car impound and close to a tuning shop

400k is further away from everything
  • Options
    TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Press start, go to the Online tab, choose play GTA Online Solo / Invite Only / Friends Only. Its exactly the same game, still earn money, do missions, etc, still counts towards your online character and stats. Just no randoms.

Last night, being a Friday, the random people on this game were atrocious. Countless times I was killed as soon as I exited my apartment or Los Santos Customs.

My biggest annoyance was walking around a corner, passing someone that had the game paused, so I decided to leave them alone. How did they repay me? Shooting me in the back.

I'd clearly just let them be as they were away from the game.

Cretins. I pray they all **** off to Ghosts when it comes out. COD is the cretins playground.