GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Times have changed since GTA4.

If you play COD or FIFA, you experience the worst of the gaming. Every gamer buys one or both of these two, as they're big name games. So you're more likely to run into cretins.

Games like Left 4 Dead or Gears of War don't have anywhere near the same amount of players online. So you're less likely to run into the dredges of the gaming community.

If you mostly ran into the same kind of players on GTA5 as you do on games like those two, it would be awesome. Unfortunately, you get get stuck in lobbies with players that clearly usually only play COD or FIFA.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Last time i bloody help anyone on this , i saw a guy in distress being overwhelmed by cops. So i went and helped him out i then drove him away from the cops and kept us hidden intil the wanted level had gone. Kindly i drove him to where he'd left his car. What does the bastard do as a thankyou for my kindness , guns me down.

:D sorry I can't help but laugh.
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Now that is juat sad, the first half is what this online is built for, moments like that, players helping others in gang and police chases, but to go ahead and go back to pointless killing just puts gamers off feom doing the cool things.

Ironic that the most damaging thing online is asshole players in gta.

The most damaging thing online is the online game itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did a mission last night and ended up driving the alien car from singleplayer
    parked it my garage but it costs like 125,000 to insure the thing ...
    looks like it isnt coming out for a while
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a few chaps today invited me into a lobby for a mission however the mission was for level 25+ i'm only level 14. Anyway on the mic they told me to hold back if i like and go straight for one of the lasers and one of the higher level guys will go get the plane and the other two will go just infront of me for the lasers. So i did what they advised we did the mission and i got a cool $12,500 a load of rps too for my efforts , all i did was drive around drawing the enemies towards me whilst the others got on with the mission lol.
    Ended up making 3 new psn buddies who all messaged me saying "hit them up anytime i want to do a mission or need help" it goes to show there are some decent people on there.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what cars are people driving and what have you modded to keep?

I currently have a Carbonizzare, Elegy RH8, Blista, Bati 801, Baller and a BF Surfer all modded up.

I keep favouring the BF Surfer at the moment for cruising around in free roam :cool: and the Carbonizzare if I want to do anything which requires speed.

I am now on the look out for a Rat-Loader and I am thinking of finally purchasing an Entity XF now I have well over a million dollars.

I am rapidly running out of garage space :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    So what cars are people driving and what have you modded to keep?

I currently have a Carbonizzare, Elegy RH8, Blista, Bati 801, Baller and a BF Surfer all modded up.

I keep favouring the BF Surfer at the moment for cruising around in free roam :cool: and the Carbonizzare if I want to do anything which requires speed.

I am now on the look out for a Rat-Loader and I am thinking of finally purchasing an Entity XF now I have well over a million dollars.

I am rapidly running out of garage space :o

I have a camper va atm i kid you not lol :D Going to go and nick a decent car today thugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a camper va atm i kid you not lol :D Going to go and nick a decent car today thugh.

Has your camper van got the surfboard on top or is it one of the ones without? I can decide which I like better.

Mine has the surfboard, trying to decide on the paint job atm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Has your camper van got the surfboard on top or is it one of the ones without? I can decide which I like better.

Mine has the surfboard, trying to decide on the paint job atm.

Mine hasn't got surfboard on , now i'm going to hunt for a surfboard :D
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting one this afternoon. Came across a couple of players, a 42 & a 15. Upon seeing me, the 42 put a 9k bounty on me, then let his mate kill me for it... then put it on again! Got away a bit, but just managed to get me. He then did it again, but I made it back to my apartment so got a nice 9k from this weird behaviour! Sure he could just have transferred the money? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    Interesting one this afternoon. Came across a couple of players, a 42 & a 15. Upon seeing me, the 42 put a 9k bounty on me, then let his mate kill me for it... then put it on again! Got away a bit, but just managed to get me. He then did it again, but I made it back to my apartment so got a nice 9k from this weird behaviour! Sure he could just have transferred the money? ;)

He could have been helping his friend get the bounty award, not sure why else he would be doing that.

I found the Rat-Loader this afternoon :D That is now another slot in the garage filled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny how everyone goes on about these "COD and FIFA players". I usually spend a lot of time playing both of these, does that make me a bad person?

I don't kill randomers unless it's a scrap for a Simeon car or crate drop. I also play a lot Skyrim type games that require a bit more thought than the above games so I guess you could call me mixed race haha.
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playing COD or FIFA doesn't make you a bad person!

Its just you're more likely to run into the lowest of the low on these games, due to the sheer amount of people that play them.

And because they're the two biggest name games with an annual release, I imagine there are a lot of gamers (especially kids) that will only get these two games. So there is no escaping them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playing COD or FIFA doesn't make you a bad person!

Its just you're more likely to run into the lowest of the low on these games, due to the sheer amount of people that play them.

And because they're the two biggest name games with an annual release, I imagine there are a lot of gamers (especially kids) that will only get these two games. So there is no escaping them!

Well I only buy COD every 2 years, I like the Modern Warfare ones. When Black Ops 2 came out there was a much better gaming experience on MW3.

So with that logic, all we all have to do now is wait 5 years for when GTA 6 comes out and we can play GTA 5 in peace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a $12000 bounty on me last night someone put it on me for the fun of it. Was great being in a chopper watching everyone swarm to where i was and running/driving around looking for me - until some git spotted me and sniped me :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a $12000 bounty on me last night someone put it on me for the fun of it. Was great being in a chopper watching everyone swarm to where i was and running/driving around looking for me - until some git spotted me and sniped me :(

Surely you would have expect someone to take a pot shot at you ?
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS! I'd managed to get my GTA$ total up to over $135000 yesterday evening, thanks to solo session missions,
    and when I come back to it, I find that I'm down to about $69000. So, where the (expletive) (expletive) have
    almost half of my hard earned GTA$ dollars gone. I am seriously pissed off with this.

Not only do I have to put up with immature a-holes in populated sessions causing me to lose money, but I also
    lose a huge amount of money when I'm trying to build it up in solo sessions. What is the (expletive) point of
    it all if I'm going to keep losing GTA$ through no fault of my own thanks to cheaters or buggy crapware?

When the first half of the GTA Stimulus Package finally drops, I should demand an extra 60 grand in GTA$!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJGM wrote: »
    FFS! I'd managed to get my GTA$ total up to over $135000 yesterday evening, thanks to solo session missions,
    and when I come back to it, I find that I'm down to about $69000. So, where the (expletive) (expletive) have
    almost half of my hard earned GTA$ dollars gone. I am seriously pissed off with this.

Not only do I have to put up with immature a-holes in populated sessions causing me to lose money, but I also
    lose a huge amount of money when I'm trying to build it up in solo sessions. What is the (expletive) point of
    it all if I'm going to keep losing GTA$ through no fault of my own thanks to cheaters or buggy crapware?

When the first half of the GTA Stimulus Package finally drops, I should demand an extra 60 grand in GTA$!

Have you been jumping through the hoops and quitting in the proper manor and taking note of the 'Rockstar cloud server save failed' messages? because since following the correct exiting process I have had no real problems with lost progress and money.

I always enter single player at the start then load into the online (Private invite only).
    When quitting I always exit the online back to the single player before turning off the game.
    And if the 'Save Failed' message pops up I quit instantly and reload because anything that happens after that 'Saved Failed' message appears wont save, even if the message disappears. The game will start saving again once you're in a new session.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried "The los santos connection" mission on my own. Lost my first life early on but did the rest.
    At the end when you have to go to the house, I lost my last life because I landed my chop and as I got out I ran up the hillside and accidently into the chopper blades that were still moving! :(

Anyone thats done this mission will know it could take a while alone. Just waiting for it to pop up again, gutted with the 0RP but at least theres a lot of cash to pick up off the floor on this mission. Nearly 10k I got,
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any of the Rockstar cloud server save failed messages since the week GTA Online was launched
    when almost everyone was experiencing loss of characters, cars as well as money. Back then, the only thing
    that I kept losing was my online character, and I had to keep recreating it. This is the first time that I've lost
    any of my GTA$ through what should be officially labelled as an open beta, rather than online idiots.

I usually quit an online session via the pause menu, like I did last night. Sometimes I might jump back to one
    of the main story characters via the character wheel, but it's been over a week since I last exited that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Surely you would have expect someone to take a pot shot at you ?

Ofcourse , it all adds to the fun of the game imo.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never noticed it before but there is a free sports car in the online shop, was a nice surprise considering it will take a huge amount of time to get a decent one.

Still can't get into the online mode at all, maybe its due to not being in a clan, doing most things on my own but its more a chore than actually being fun at times... especially missions that require you to drive for a long time, climb up things for a good 5-10 mins only to be completely ounumbered and dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You said 69, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3xCcOoPhLQ
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies to Quintillian for ducking out of the Survival; I got kicked out of X-Box live and as I was going to be coming off after we'd played that anyway it wasn't worth going through the process of resetting the console!!!

Hope you did well, was nice hanging with you :)
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was playing earlier and went into this person's garage and they had these 3 cars. One of them had snow on, the other one looked like it had loads of stickers on and one which looked like it was made out of rubbish with fairy lights around it! :D Where did they get them from?! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any of the Rockstar cloud server save failed messages since the week GTA Online was launched
    when almost everyone was experiencing loss of characters, cars as well as money. Back then, the only thing
    that I kept losing was my online character, and I had to keep recreating it. This is the first time that I've lost
    any of my GTA$ through what should be officially labelled as an open beta, rather than online idiots.

I usually quit an online session via the pause menu, like I did last night. Sometimes I might jump back to one
    of the main story characters via the character wheel, but it's been over a week since I last exited that way.

I think it's you.