Comments

• nathan69nathan69 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boy needs a hair cut.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it was about last night's episode but I did find the Carter stuff a little bit boring. :o:blush: Not sure why. I think I just want to see them interacting with other people a bit more, especially Johnny. I love the Carters but they need a bit of a rest, so I'm quite relieved that September is looking quiet for them, even if I'm going to miss Johnny. :(

StrawberryKick, I love your Tumblr! :kitty:

Nathan69, Sam has had a haircut, hopefully it should be evident on screen soon. I thought he'd had one in Friday's episode but looking back I don't think it was any shorter. I think the main issue I have with the current one is it's too pushed back and slick. I like it when it's fluffy and pushed forward, it's just a much more flattering style.
  • Strawberry KickStrawberry Kick Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I don't know what it was about last night's episode but I did find the Carter stuff a little bit boring. :o:blush: Not sure why. I think I just want to see them interacting with other people a bit more, especially Johnny. I love the Carters but they need a bit of a rest, so I'm quite relieved that September is looking quiet for them, even if I'm going to miss Johnny. :(

StrawberryKick, I love your Tumblr! :kitty:

Nathan69, Sam has had a haircut, hopefully it should be evident on screen soon. I thought he'd had one in Friday's episode but looking back I don't think it was any shorter. I think the main issue I have with the current one is it's too pushed back and slick. I like it when it's fluffy and pushed forward, it's just a much more flattering style.
    I did too! I mean the interactions and some of the script was good but I didn't like how Mick made them return, they are adults and they should be having their own life. They didn't react like people their ages would, IMO. I would be raging!
    I do feel that they need a bit of a break. Yes their chemistry is a winner but too much of a good thing and viewers are getting sick and bored.

Thanks Elly! :kitty: Quite a few posts and my gif sets on my own Tumblr have been reblogged by the official BBC One Tumblr which was so weird. The coming out gif set I did the day after it aired is now nearing 1000 notes! :o

I think another type of character the hairstyle would look okay but I just don't think it's a Johnny style. It is Sam, he had longer hair in his agents photo from a few years ago. Wasn't that keen on his M.I. High hair either but then again he was a schoolboy! :blush: I love early 2014 Johnny hair, just adorable :)
  • Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did too! I mean the interactions and some of the script was good but I didn't like how Mick made them return, they are adults and they should be having their own life. They didn't react like people their ages would, IMO. I would be raging!
    I do feel that they need a bit of a break. Yes their chemistry is a winner but too much of a good thing and viewers are getting sick and bored.

Thanks Elly! :kitty: Quite a few posts and my gif sets on my own Tumblr have been reblogged by the official BBC One Tumblr which was so weird. The coming out gif set I did the day after it aired is now nearing 1000 notes! :o

I think another type of character the hairstyle would look okay but I just don't think it's a Johnny style. It is Sam, he had longer hair in his agents photo from a few years ago. Wasn't that keen on his M.I. High hair either but then again he was a schoolboy! :blush: I love early 2014 Johnny hair, just adorable :)

Yeah I think they should do an on location shoot of the teens actually going to an event in town - several times now they've had to go back for whatever reason to keep with the plot of the episode and to stay in Albert Square, happened before with Lauren's birthday when Johnny conscientiously held it at the Albert bless him.

In a way though I think the chemistry was supposed to be lacking last night, to show that Ian's lies are impacting the usual Carter dynamic. Maybe we're supposed to feel that way.

Nice one Strawberry! A lot of people are gonna be checking out that amazing Tumblr now. You've helped a lot of people and put a lot of smiles on peoples faces, thank you!!! :D:kitty:

Johnny looks better with shorter hair (though he still looks gorgeous regardless). I actually like Sam's hair from M.I. High, it looks cute - not as cute as Johnny from December - early/mid July onscreen but still cute. He looks gorgeous with the quiff, but also he looks pretty cute with his hair down and a bit of a fringe as well. Even a bedhead. :p:D:blush:
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think they should do an on location shoot of the teens actually going to an event in town - several times now they've had to go back for whatever reason to keep with the plot of the episode and to stay in Albert Square, happened before with Lauren's birthday when Johnny conscientiously held it at the Albert bless him.

In a way though I think the chemistry was supposed to be lacking last night, to show that Ian's lies are impacting the usual Carter dynamic. Maybe we're supposed to feel that way.

Nice one Strawberry! A lot of people are gonna be checking out that amazing Tumblr now. You've helped a lot of people and put a lot of smiles on peoples faces, thank you!!!

Johnny looks better with shorter hair (though he still looks gorgeous regardless). I actually like Sam's hair from M.I. High, it looks cute - not as cute as Johnny from December - early/mid July onscreen but still cute. He looks gorgeous with the quiff, but also he looks pretty cute with his hair down and a bit of a fringe as well. Even a bedhead.
    Yeah I get what you mean about location shoots, they should do more but I guess its purely down to budget and if it's not needed then they wont do it. Obviously Soho/Gay Pride was very needed for on screen for character development and to show current life in London. But unless something dramatic were to happen on a young night out I can't see it randomly happening, shame.

Very good theory, Neu! Never thought of that one :blush:

Aww, you! :blush::kitty::blush: Aren't you a Sweetheart?! I've updated the caps and a fair few gifs too, enjoyed doing this actually much more than the ep. I think my posts make it look better than it was on screen! :p

This hair debate is never ending ha! What do they say? Different Strokes? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, Maddy is finally on Twitter. I hope she posts lots of silly pictures of Sam. :D
    Forum Member
    Yay, Maddy is finally on Twitter. I hope she posts lots of silly pictures of Sam. :D

I hope so too, I love their dynamic. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so too, I love their dynamic. :cool:

Me too, they're so cute. :kitty: (Sam needs to get a wriggle on and follow her though. :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it looks like Linda is going to be raped by Dean in upcoming episodes. I wonder how this will affect the Carter dynamic? Pretty massive thing to happen to Linda and the family (if they find out, which I'm sure they will eventually.) Will certainly be interesting to see how the Carters cope with it.
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it looks like Linda is going to be raped by Dean in upcoming episodes. I wonder how this will affect the Carter dynamic? Pretty massive thing to happen to Linda and the family (if they find out, which I'm sure they will eventually.) Will certainly be interesting to see how the Carters cope with it.

Wonder how they play Johnny's reaction. He is really close to Linda and he is not good at dealing with drama so maybe potential to see a storyline of Johnny struggling to cope.

Rather than just the obvious drink/drugs route which Eastenders are doing with other characters at the moment it would be good to see a young character mentally struggling to cope with life after a big trauma and needing help
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like we won't see Johnny again until 9th September episode. :(

Strawberry Kick I thank you for posting that blog on here to quench our thirsts from this Johnny drought. :kitty: He needs something soon - though by the looks of things Autumn will be big for him and the Carters as a whole. And will be interesting to see scenes with the Carter kids and Mick and Linda in the coming months, we need more of those deep conversations between them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how they play Johnny's reaction. He is really close to Linda and he is not good at dealing with drama so maybe potential to see a storyline of Johnny struggling to cope.

Rather than just the obvious drink/drugs route which Eastenders are doing with other characters at the moment it would be good to see a young character mentally struggling to cope with life after a big trauma and needing help

I have to admit this was one of my first thoughts, how Johnny would cope with this when he found out. I hope they do explore what Linda's children go through as a result of this, and as you said Johnny can't really deal with drama so this is a great opportunity to develop him as a character. One thing I don't want is for them to take him down the "angry young man" route; they have the potential to really increase his general anxiety and vulnerability here and I think they should use it. I can see Nancy and Lee getting extremely angry with it all, reacting violently etc, but with Johnny I think it would be more true to him as a character if he sort of goes in on himself and doesn't know how to deal with it all. Anyway, as weird as it sounds I'm kind of looking forward to this; I think it's the dark storyline the Carters need to break their current status quo.
    Looks like we won't see Johnny again until 9th September episode. :(

Strawberry Kick I thank you for posting that blog on here to quench our thirsts from this Johnny drought. :kitty: He needs something soon - though by the looks of things Autumn will be big for him and the Carters as a whole. And will be interesting to see scenes with the Carter kids and Mick and Linda in the coming months, we need more of those deep conversations between them.

He's also in the 11th but then not in the Friday episode. I think we have to accept that his appearances are likely to be sporadic now, possibly until the Dean and Linda storyline kicks off. But even then there's no guarantee that he'll feature heavily during it.
  • HarryMillerHarryMiller Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Just a thought, it was about a month (?) ago that Sam and Maddy walked out with the makeup on their fists from a fight scene in EE.

Could this be when they find out about Dean and get physical with him? Seems quite a coincidence otherwise....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought, it was about a month (?) ago that Sam and Maddy walked out with the makeup on their fists from a fight scene in EE.

Could this be when they find out about Dean and get physical with him? Seems quite a coincidence otherwise....

I got the impression that Sam's fists were like that from falling off his skateboard or something. I don't remember Maddy having anything on her fists. But yeah, maybe it was from make-up. Didn't the article say that he had a black eye as well? (He was wearing sunglasses so you couldn't really see.) That would imply that someone hits him back, if it was make-up.

I could maybe see Johnny punching a wall or something in anger and confusion but would he really go after Dean? I just don't see him as that sort of character. Lee I can totally imagine it, even Nancy, but not Johnny. I suppose this will probably bring out strong emotions in everyone, however, so perhaps Johnny does do something surprising.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    What happened to the Johnny quiff :O that haircut was SYMBOLIC :O Definitely needs a haircut :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    What happened to the Johnny quiff :O that haircut was SYMBOLIC :O Definitely needs a haircut :D

I do miss it, and good to see someone else admiring that particular Johnny hairstyle :D:blush::kitty:

I think he has had a haircut now offscreen but might take a few weeks to a month for that to set in onscreen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was certainly symbolic of him being a gorgeous cutie. ;-) :D

Edit: Not that he isn't a gorgeous cutie anyway but... you know what I mean. :kitty:
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    It was certainly symbolic of him being a gorgeous cutie. ;-) :D

Edit: Not that he isn't a gorgeous cutie anyway but... you know what I mean. :kitty:

The king of gorgeous cuties!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The king of gorgeous cuties!

You're going to fit in just fine here. ;-) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lolllll. :D:D:D

https://twitter.com/SamStrike/status/507149074655875073

Also his hair looks so soft there, I want to stroke it. :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lolllll. :D:D:D

https://twitter.com/SamStrike/status/507149074655875073

Also his hair looks so soft there, I want to stroke it. :kitty:

Elly, you say what I'm thinking. Except on a sofa, watching a film. With his head on my chest. I'm stroking his hair (it's flat) and his quiffs lifting up a little. We got a blankie over us. He moves and briefly randomly kisses me on the lips. We then continue watching the film.

Seriously though I really wanna give Sam/Johnny a nice big warm hug. :blush:

I do love both of them though, they're both so cute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE trailer for September - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02613k7

Johnny has some involvement. Looks like he helps with the Slater fire and also looks cute in pink :D:blush:

If the Carters all know about Ben I really doubt Ben and Johnny will happen at all. They won't get on tbh - Carters v Mitchells will also happen possibly.

Also in that fight scene in the Vic between Ben, Shirley and Dean maybe Johnny and Nancy get involved - hence their play fighting a month or so ago. By this point it will be later in September so it would probably be around then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we've finally found a colour that doesn't work on Johnny. That pink shirt is painful. He somehow still looks cute though. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we've finally found a colour that doesn't work on Johnny. That pink shirt is painful. He somehow still looks cute though. :D

I do agree, but he still looks insanely cute. I think its the bow tie. I wouldn't complain if I was at a party and he was working there dressed like that. And of course - before he burns the shirt as he said - if he needed help taking that shirt off I'd be happy to help. :D:blush:

Stop it Neu. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny is in Monday, Tuesday and Thursday's episodes next week, yay. :)