Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Mr Durham. Heard him earlier say to Way Pawla that "Wenger had sacrificed Jack Wilshere because he's scared to drop Ozil". Ozil scores.

:D
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't listen but it will have been Mark Donaldson, he was previously talkSPORT's Scottish football correspondent up until 2010, when he moved over to the States to work for ESPN as a football, golf and tennis commentator and he still regularly appears on a number of shows on the station. The other Scottish journalist Mike Graham often speaks to on Extra Time is Stewart Weir from the Caledonian Mercury, who I'm sure will have been involved in their referendum night show in some capacity.

I really need to start listening to The Warm Up via Listen Again or the podcast. Saturday teatimes generally aren't a good timeslot for me but going by the synopsis above and some of my past bits of the show I've heard, I feel like I've been missing out. Mind you, I can't grumble about my listening hours as my schedule often allow me to catch Up The League live - it was another really good show this morning, it's firmly cemented as one of my favourites on the station.

Can hardly blame Donaldson for upping sticks and moving the USA to find work Dif, as a Scottish talkSPORT football correspondent he must have been used as much as a street gas lamp lighter or lighthouse keeper in Birmingham. :D I didn't even know they'd ever had a Scottish correspondent so much don't they ever cover that area of the UK.

Missed Up The League today could have put it on around 6.30 but thought I'd wait and hear it all properly later on Listen Again.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Caught the last fifteen minutes of the West Ham Liverpool game on TS and it sounded like a great game Was delighted with the result, not because I have any interest in West Ham but because I know it will have turnip head Quinn spitting and snarling as his beloved Scousers lose another league game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're playing [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] - musical chairs over at BBC Radio 5 and moving one [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] - or two presenters around to different slots I wish they'd do this on talkSPORT [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] it might freshen up the station a bit.

Apart from moving people around when [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] - people are off nothing much ever changes and it's very boring. Two brand new breakfast shows with four new presenters are desperately needed [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] - Brazil and his entire crew need putting out to grass and Quinn and his lady partner need to go as well in my view.

The Goldstein naughty boys club needs replacing with better [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] - presenters and Colin needs to up his act as well.

Having just checked out my text above before posting it seems I'm strangely repeating myself constantly with talkSPORT live commentary shoutouts I apologise it can only be down to being half brainwashed all day long listening to this damn station. [Don't miss West Ham v Liverpool live and exclusively today on talkSPORT] Oh b0110ck$ there goes another one. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Caught the last fifteen minutes of the West Ham Liverpool game on TS and it sounded like a great game Was delighted with the result, not because I have any interest in West Ham but because I know it will have turnip head Quinn spitting and snarling as his beloved Scousers lose another league game

Strange that because I watched only the last 15 minutes of it as well on the TV, I hated that little g!t that's now been sold from last season but he was/is a truly world class player and boy are Liverpool now missing him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Strange that because I watched only the last 15 minutes of it as well on the TV, I hated that little g!t that's now been sold from last season but he was/is a truly world class player and boy are Liverpool now missing him.

That little git is almost as revered as the little God Diego in Scotland after he whacked in a couple against Engerland at the World Cup!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out on the mountain bike in the rain this morning zooming about up and down the tow paths of the Sheffield & South Yorkshire Navigation canal I'm pretty much shafted as to what I can get on my radio using me old AM radio so I listened to some of the dreadful Quinn & Bingham show. Modest Michael was again banging on about his proud record of scoring more Premier League goals in first games for a club, what sort of record is this?, yea I don't have it and nor do you but come on it's hardly winning the Golden Boot at the World Cup Finals is it. But the thing that amused me the most was Georgie's admission that she'd gone out on Friday night, got herself hammered and fell over hurting her shoulder. Have we another Brazil on our hands here?, will she be trying to freeload makeup and dresses etc in future shows?, will she be lumping cash on the gee gees and forever praising and bigging up David Moyes, Big Eck, 'Arry, Stevie Bruce and Big Sam?. :p

http://i58.tinypic.com/34eeogo.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That little git is almost as revered as the little God Diego in Scotland after he whacked in a couple against Engerland at the World Cup!:D

You love us down here really though don't you. :D
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes sense, down south we likewise revere the guys who knocked Scotland out of the 2014, 2010, 2006, 2002 World Cups. :D lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Makes sense, down south we likewise revere the guys who knocked Scotland out of the 2014, 2010, 2006, 2002 World Cups. :D lol

Aye but if big Al's back was not so dodgy who knows what we would have done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yea far too many heroes to even remember their names lol, to be seriarse for one moment I have always in the past, and I will always in the future cheer on any side from any area of the United Kingdom that's the god's honest truth and I think that's quite common with most English people but it seems to really please our Scottish friends every time we come a cropper. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye but if big Al's back was not so dodgy who knows what we would have done!

hahahaha!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone next door on the other forum has taken a snap 30 minute sample of the Brazil Sports Breakfast show just recently and noted down the run of events during this period. It's not very often you actually ever see it spelt out in front of you in plain viewable text and doesn't it just show you what a crabby bloody station this is especially that Brazil show. :(

7.32 Trailers
    7.35 Brazil previewing later programming
    7.35 News
    7.37 Trailers
    7.38 Repeat of Piers Morgan from yesterday
    7.39 Brazil and Cork (predominantly Cork). Brazil utterly clueless regarding County cricket
    7.44 Adverts
    7.46 Trailers
    7.47 Travel report
    7.48 Adverts
    7.49 Brazil repeating last night's results (and mispronouncing Solskjaer)
    7.50 'Interview' with Stevie Bruce. Brazil interjections wholly random, misinformed, disinterested.
    7.59 Trailers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea far too many heroes to even remember their names lol, to be seriarse for one moment I have always in the past, and I will always in the future cheer on any side from any area of the United Kingdom that's the god's honest truth and I think that's quite common with most English people but it seems to really please our Scottish friends every time we come a cropper. :D

Yeah I do too, and in the Champions league/ Europa League.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Have to be honest and say that I support APE(anyone playing England) I know it is stupid and petty and every other thing but I just can't bring myself to cheer for the Sassenachs The one exception to this is cricket but then the English team is usually full of colonial types anyway:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone next door on the other forum has taken a snap 30 minute sample of the Brazil Sports Breakfast show just recently and noted down the run of events during this period. It's not very often you actually ever see it spelt out in front of you in plain viewable text and doesn't it just show you what a crabby bloody station this is especially that Brazil show. :(

7.32 Trailers
    7.35 Brazil previewing later programming
    7.35 News
    7.37 Trailers
    7.38 Repeat of Piers Morgan from yesterday
    7.39 Brazil and Cork (predominantly Cork). Brazil utterly clueless regarding County cricket
    7.44 Adverts
    7.46 Trailers
    7.47 Travel report
    7.48 Adverts
    7.49 Brazil repeating last night's results (and mispronouncing Solskjaer)
    7.50 'Interview' with Stevie Bruce. Brazil interjections wholly random, misinformed, disinterested.
    7.59 Trailers

14 mins of original content out of 30. Shows a disregard for what listeners actually want at that time of day, most would be on their way to work and need a more in depth travel report rather than Paddy Power adverts.

Cant say I'm surprised though, anyone who has used Listen Again knows you only get half a show. I know I always harp on about it, but "Extra Time", a 5 hour live show is normally around the 130 minute mark (just over 2 hours), without all the news, adverts etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to be honest and say that I support APE(anyone playing England) I know it is stupid and petty and every other thing but I just can't bring myself to cheer for the Sassenachs The one exception to this is cricket but then the English team is usually full of colonial types anyway:)

Well at least ya honest about it lol, I suppose I laugh myself when they score against us, mainly because I can never believe how bad we are. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off early to kip tonight, have the Ken Livingstone and David Mellor LBC show podcast now transferred onto me MP3 player to listen to in bed I'm no big fan of either to be honest but it's the best current affairs show on radio for me anywhere I really like it.

This weeks topic of course being the Scottish referendum,... should be a good one.

PS..
    Just caught that loser Salmond griping on the news saying the English politicians are already reneging on the promises, no they are not Salmond, Labour are unhappy about the way it's being done that suits the Conservatives but everyone from ALL parties are agreed the Scots will have to get what is promised and I'm sure they will.

Oops a bit of politics there just ignore it. :p
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinny will be guffawing after his beloved Liverpool crashed to a 3-1 defeat at West Ham, their third of the season (which is the most, along with QPR). And his beloved Newcastle cannot win. Whilst his beloved Coventry sit in mid-table in League One. As his other love Portsmouth are mid-table in League Two.

He needs to chat to Goffeh about finding new clubs, because his lot are pretty woeful at the moment, Giorjeh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't the place for it, but I cant believe the first match shown on The Football League show was a f*****g 0-0 bore draw! My team won bloody 4-0 today! No doubt I'll have to wait until 1am to see my teams goals as always. I guess football snobbery is rife in all divisions and Football shows and not just exclusive to Talksport (hey, I connected it! :D)
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    talkSPORT presenters sound really upset that Liverpool lost. talkSPORT maybe it should only broadcast in Liverpool.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,038
    Forum Member
    Well noticed Jim:D:p:D apologies for mistake. :blush:

Gillingham v Walsall
    Watford v Bournemouth

We had trouble playing just the one game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't the place for it, but I cant believe the first match shown on The Football League show was a f*****g 0-0 bore draw! My team won bloody 4-0 today! No doubt I'll have to wait until 1am to see my teams goals as always. I guess football snobbery is rife in all divisions and Football shows and not just exclusive to Talksport (hey, I connected it! :D)

At least your club wasn't last that's just about where my team crops up every week on this show unless they've been walloped and then they're on early, this season for Leicester City change that to Nottingham Forest who will now hog all the coverage. :(

Can I just say to Corbyn/Matt before I finish good attempt yesterday Matt on getting yourself in the Millwall goal, really good try but you still didn't win. :D
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff336/net44344/TeamLine-ups_zpsf933ac2d.jpg

Your team clearly has deficiencies mate and in my view will not be walking it by any means.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least your club wasn't last that's just about where my team crops up every week on this show unless they've been walloped and then they're on early, this season for Leicester City change that to Nottingham Forest who will now hog all the coverage. :(

Can I just say to Corbyn/Matt before I finish good attempt yesterday Matt on getting yourself in the Millwall goal, really good try but you still didn't win. :D
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff336/net44344/TeamLine-ups_zpsf933ac2d.jpg

Your team clearly has deficiencies mate and in my view will not be walking it by any means.

Boro are always one of the last shown as proved again last night, even your Wednesday were before us. Wasn't quite as late as 1am though, forgot the show started early last night. Still, takes the piss. Last week they showed about three 0-0's before they got to us, a match with actual goals. Ridiculous.

Have to say, loved listening to Stan, Sam and Saggers for the Leicester/United match. Top quality stuff! Great match by the sounds of it! Cant wait for MotD!
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Any chance that moron Collymore might actually let the callers talk?
This discussion has been closed.