CEO of Knowhow (PCW)? Please

Does anyone know a contact name at Knowhow, please; I need to escalate a complaint.

My friend Google has suggested a couple of names but I'd prefer the complaint to go to the right place.

Thank you.

Comments

• call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    CEO of DixonsCarphoneWarehouse......and all it's bits and bobs including 'Knowhow'...
    Sebastian.James@dixons.co.uk.
    I'm sure his PA will make sure it reaches the right place...;-)
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    call100 wrote: »
    I'm sure his PA will make sure it reaches the right place...;-)

That's what worries me! ;-) Thank you for this.
    Forum Member
    Oh,, I think I'll have the moan anyway....

Asus Laptop, just over a year old.

£11 a month care plan.

Took it to PCW in mid September. The keys felt fine but some put a digit "1" before each letter as I typed. Also, all drop down boxes showed each option lighting up and down repeatedly, like a fairground swing the hammer show.
    Efficiently booked in.

I collected on return from holiday. At home, I could hear the computer powering up but the screen didn't work.

Rang Knowhow, they booked it in and offered a loan computer.
    Waited in for them to collect.
    Loan computer no use to me - very slow, and didn't have MS Publisher loaded (didn't really expect it to)

The returned it on Sunday. The screen now works but the spacebar sticks. It's ok if you stab type with two fingers but useless for more flowing, 10-finger typing.

Returned it to store yesterday. Salesman (not Knowhow but he insisted he could help. He didn't) half booked it in and left. Knowhow rep eventually took over. Booked it in. Rang main Knowhow, who assured her that a loan laptop would have MS Publisher.
    It was to be delivered before 11. It arrived at 13:30. Publisher is not installed.

In store rep had given me a number to call her in case of problems. It just rings out until cut off.

Pretty poor.
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this stage I would ask them to replace it with a new model and offer to pay a "fair usage" fee for the use you've had. Then load everything onto it from your backup and away you go for another year.
    Forum Member
    What a surprise! I got a phone call from the Complaints Escalation Department, who's been in touch with the workshop. They're writing it off and processing a Product Replacement Code, which they'll get to me in due course. I think they said the amount would be based on the current value of the laptop. As it's currently worth zilch, I'm assuming it's not exactly that. All I have to do is return the loan computer to store, which I'll do tomorrow.
    It'll be good if it's just a code for a certain value, as I'll swap brands. The faulty one was Asus but the equivalent is now in the 700s, I can't see them standing that. I'm tempted to go for the Acer model - I have a tiny Acer netbook, and it's never faltered.

So thank you for the information - and it looks like a result! :D:D
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    I'll send my invoice........;-):D Glad you got some justice...
    Forum Member
    call100 wrote: »
    I'll send my invoice........;-):D Glad you got some justice...

Thank you!!

I got a farther phonecall from the store this morning, confirming I had a voucher for £549 waiting for me if I'd care to pop in with the loan computer.

No sooner said than done! One PCWorld assistant and one Knowhow assistant waiting to serve me, all smiles and apologies, if they could have licked the floor in front of me as I walked, they would have. An amazing result and fair play to Knowow/PCW, who've really come up trumps.

Now to have a play.....

Thank you for your help!