True Blood Season 5 - Monday 10pm FXUK Pace - No Spoilers!

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
Forum Member
✭✭
I searched for a thread on this but there isn't one.

Brand new True Blood season 5 starts tonight on FXUK at 10pm. Normally we don't get the new series till Jan the following year but this year it's been moved forward. Looking forward to this season, hopefully it's an improvement on season 4 which i thought was poor.

Anyone who has seen Season 5, without spoiling, was it a good season of TB?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this!!! Excited :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've recorded it - I've got to watch 9 eps of Season 4...
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it. Brilliant series. Some didn't care for it if you read the US pace thread but I really liked it
  • Sir_JasperSir_Jasper Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Personally I thought Series 5 was excellent, was slightly non plussed about series 4.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a great opening episode to Season 5. I'm actually quite surprised how dead this thread is. I thought loads of people would be watching, i assume everyone's already watched at US pace instead then? Or have people generally just lost interest in TB now?

I couldn't believe they turned Tara into a vampire. Firstly she hates vampires and with Bill, Eric, Pam, Jessica did we really need another one? I guess it was the only way they could keep Tara in the show but i would have preferred it if they had just killed her off.

Steve Newlin's scenes with Jason were hilarious especially when he came out! :D I like that he's back. And what the f*ck were the scenes with Eric f*cking his sister all about? :eek: Is that a vampire thing or a Swedish thing? I definetely did not expect to see that! All in all a good episode though.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    And what the f*ck were the scenes with Eric f*cking his sister all about? :eek: Is that a vampire thing or a Swedish thing?

It's his vampire 'sister' though (same sire) so they aren't technically related.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    It's his vampire 'sister' though (same sire) so they aren't technically related.

Oh, i see. It's because they have the same maker, Godric? Is that it? When i saw it, i couldn't believe my eyes! :D
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, i see. It's because they have the same maker, Godric? Is that it? When i saw it, i couldn't believe my eyes! :D
    Yup, he uses the term "sister" because they share a sire not a biological parent.

So they are kind of like adopted step brother and sister. :D

Still slightly :o but not quite :eek:.

What is :eek: however is that she was last seen being Maid Marian for the BBC Robin Hood series. From Saturday teatime family friendly drama to doing that in there with him! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant, last series wasn't great but this time it was great. Loved camp gay Rev Vamp.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And aren't we all forgetting PAm. Amazing sour faced Pam. Her zingers in the opening episode were great and now she is Tara's maker.....

I love that she again referenced Sookie's fairy "snatch2" I love her.

However - what has happened to Lafayette's acting?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Nothing surprises me on TB, this is the 5th Season.:eek:
    "It's my sister actually"

Great start to the New Season....and what about Tara, quick or what.:cool:
    What has Sookie done....:cool:

MY Jess, still teasing...but Jason and the Rev.....:eek:
    Bill and Eric, caught twice in an episode,:confused:....final one was good...but the Car journey, with them in the Trunk, and WINGS playing on the Radio; what the........:eek:
    Poor Sam.....can't he just fly away.
    Andy: "It's not what you think"

"I am wearing a Wal-Mart sweat suit for y'all."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great opening episode to Season 5. I'm actually quite surprised how dead this thread is. I thought loads of people would be watching, i assume everyone's already watched at US pace instead then? Or have people generally just lost interest in TB now?

I couldn't believe they
    turned Tara into a vampire. Firstly she hates vampires and with Bill, Eric, Pam, Jessica did we really need another one? I guess it was the only way they could keep Tara in the show but i would have preferred it if they had just killed her off.

Steve Newlin's scenes with Jason were hilarious especially when he came out! :D I like that he's back. And what the f*ck were the scenes with Eric f*cking his sister all about? :eek: Is that a vampire thing or a Swedish thing? I definetely did not expect to see that! All in all a good episode though.

Erm....didn't the title say no spoilers?
  • Sir_JasperSir_Jasper Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Surely its not a spoiler after its aired?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jandy100 wrote: »
    Erm....didn't the title say no spoilers?

My comments were posted the day AFTER the episode aired on tv on FXUK. That doesn't make it a spoiler.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    And aren't we all forgetting PAm. Amazing sour faced Pam. Her zingers in the opening episode were great and now she is Tara's maker.

My favourite character by some distance and the writers must love her too given the number of great lines they always find for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Her zingers in the opening episode were great and now she is Tara's maker.

I forgot about that. That's certainly going to make for an interesting relationship. Bet they won't be able to stand each other!
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was a great episode - the producers clearly wanted to grab everybody's attention and, of course, they had left loads of cliff-hangers hanging and needing resolution. The amount of "fan service" was breathtaking - especially Jessica. Lawdy! She looked awesome enough just playing Band Hero (or whatever), but in the red cloak and corset...
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved last night's episode, I hope they continue to focus more on Vamps, it has been spinning off in too many different directions lately, shifters, wolves, ghosts and witches...all too much!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Loved last night's episode, I hope they continue to focus more on Vamps, it has been spinning off in too many different directions lately, shifters, wolves, ghosts and witches...all too much!

Well there's definetely no witches or ghosts this season so all that leaves is the vamps, wolves, shifters and fairies! :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    badass as usual, but that line they used to tell them to "stand their ground" at the end, was hilarious :D
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there's definetely no witches or ghosts this season so all that leaves is the vamps, wolves, shifters and fairies! :D

I forgot about the fairies - I can live without them too!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed very dense: a lot of story-lines proceeding apace.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught up with ep 1 over the weekend. Great openning episode. Pam was awesome (as usual). Tara has never been my favourite character but making her a vamp could be interesting. The relationship between Tara and Pam now will be great, I'm looking forward to some great banter there.
    Eric's "sister" is a nice addition, hope she's around for a while and we get to see a lot more of her :)

Some old big bads coming back...
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »

What is :eek: however is that she was last seen being Maid Marian for the BBC Robin Hood series. From Saturday teatime family friendly drama to doing that in there with him! :D

I couldn't believe it when I finally worked out who she was - shes a lucky thing - from Joe to Alexander
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, loved the look back to Pam's beginnings as a vamp, she's always been nails then. The kid vampire in the Authority was a bit Being Human wasn't it?
    Pam's going to have to take Tara under her wing now as her maker, I guess that'll be Tara's new bar job sorted, Pam will need an extra pair of hands with Eric gone Russell hunting.
    I loved that Bill and Eric didn't let each other down, digging the Butch and Sundance vibe.