Floaters ... what do the dancers have to do in the final to secure your vote?

Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lots of forum members have their favourite and are supporting them for the win no matter what. However I think there are plenty of others like myself who are undecided between 2 or 3 contestants. With no clear bookies winner at the moment it's probably us who will ultimately decide who lifts the crown this year. So if you are undecided, who are you toying between and what do they have to do on finals night to win your vote?

For me it's between Abby and Susanna. Both have shown huge growth in the competition but my winner will be the one who ups their game that extra notch in the final and really goes out of their comfort zone.

Comments

• Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    At this stage in the competition, with my actual favourite (Mark!) having gone out weeks ago, I'm just voting for whoever I feel dances best and moves me the most on the night, of the dancers remaining I'm assuming my votes will go Natalie's way tomorrow night but it's not set in stone. At one time or another I've voted for all four finalists (only the free online votes!).
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's between Natalie and Sophie - I don't think either of them will win but I just want them both to get through to the next show.

So basically whoever entertains me more with their showdance will get more of my votes.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to be left feeling 'wow that was special'. I want nerves to be well managed, minimal gurning and a show dance that doesn't peter out like a damp squib lol. The two other dances will need to be an improvement on the original dances and they'll have to look gorgeous!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to be left feeling 'wow that was special'. I want nerves to be well managed, minimal gurning and a show dance that doesn't peter out like a damp squib lol. The two other dances will need to be an improvement on the original dances and they'll have to look gorgeous!

All of this.

I'll likely vote for Natalie or Abbey, depending on the above. My teenage son voted for Patrick last week and I think he's planning on voting Natalie now.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to vote for Abbey no matter what lol :D so I'm afraid that I'm not really a " floater " :blush: but imo this year the showdance will be very important (it could be the difference for a lot of these undecided voters :cool:) so will the first round. I think that it will be crucial to whoever wants to go on to the 2nd round to do very well with the 1st round.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a floating voter as such but if Susanna goes out in the first show then my vote might be up for grabs & I really don't know who it would go to, I was leaning towards Sophie but a lot will depend on the show dance
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I don't have a favourite as such, if forced to choose I would pick Susanna so, for me to give her my vote in the final, she's going to have to improve on the Quickstep and give me a showdance that entertains.
    If any of the other finalists perform something which makes me go "wow" and that doesn't have to necessarily be because it's a big production number with loads of lifts, then it's entirely possible I'll vote for them.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    A brown envelope containing 10K in used notes left at a place of my choosing.:D
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    It's "je ne sais quois" for me.

I swore I would never vote for Tom Thingy - there's been some kind of voting snafu the week before which had annoyed me - but I was completely charmed by the "If they could see me now" routine.
    I swore I would never vote for Chris Thingy - I couldn't abide the gurning - but I was completely charmed by whatever it was that he did in the final, was it a Charleston?

It's whatever makes me smile on the night.
  • fermynfermyn Posts: 2,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a poor showdance will have a profound effect on the undecided. There have been some horrors in the past which wiped away all the goodwill built up over the weeks in an instance.