What do doctors inject you with for prickly heat when abroad?

PfrancisPfrancis Posts: 301
Forum Member
Does anyone know?
I had what seems to be a bad reaction to a steroid and antihistamine injection last year when I got prickly heat but haven't a clue what it was they gave me

Comments

• TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    That's really one for the doctors who gave the original treatment abroad but if you're concerned about it happening again then the GP's the one to see. They might have an idea as to what was administered and what were the likely side effects. You can ask them what remedies are relatively hypoallergenic and you can bear that in mind when it comes to your next trip abroad.
  • PfrancisPfrancis Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    I never thought of asking when I had the injection and there's no documentation which states the stuff they injected me with.It didn't help me anyway so I'll obviously won't allow it to happen again
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you claim on travel insurance? If so they may have some details, might be worth a try.

If you want some advice on prickly heat this has worked for me
    Rona Ross prickly what shower gel and lotion
    Ultrasun sun cream for sensitive skin
    Austrailian bodycare solutions tea tree wet wipes
    Antihistamine from GP.

Shower with gel, use sun cream, wipe body with wipes when you start to get hot and sticky and every time you get out of the pool, shower at end if day with shower gel, apply lotion and take an antihistamine every day.

It sounds a lot but works a treat for me. I wouldn't be without any of these products now.

Oh and don't fall into the habit of getting the same antihistamine
    My GP used to px the strongest he could and they worked for a couple if years then stopped. Last year he put me on some which could be bought over the counter.........no prickly heat.....result