In the closet hetro celebs! Who are they?

i4ui4u Posts: 54,909
Forum Member
Many TV producers are gay particularly in the world of showbiz, it must be tempting for some wanting to get ahead to camp it up or pretend to be gay to help their career ?

With the pink pound, these days presenting an image of being gay could be very lucrative financially?

Comments

• Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Well, I think a lot of the over-the-top camp ones are not as camp as they'd like you to think they are. I mean, who can be that high energy all the time? Even Louie Spence couldn't keep it up in the CBB house...
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,909
    Forum Member
    I have my suspicions about a number of celebs, they have probably tapped into that market present themselves as camp/gay and pocket the rewards.

I'm surprised the public haven't twigged what's been going on, I think the public will be shocked to learn which celebs are hetro.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, our resident hand-wringers will be forever in your debt for starting this thread.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of the sketch (can't remember who) of Gok Wan which portrayed him as a straight man pretending to be gay so he could touch women up.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Bowie has apparently always been straight.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,909
    Forum Member
    What no one wanting to know who these closet hetros could be?

A first for Digital Spy showbiz forum?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Barrowman has a wife and kids. Seen the proof. For the shocking TRUTH google 'Five-ish Doctors reboot'. :o

(the Gok Wan sketch was with John Culshaw. The Impressionists Show? Did a funny sketch with Ross Kemp being scared of various 'gangs' like the Brownies too.)

Weeelll, made me chuckle, anyway.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I hear Alan Carr loves a bit of fanny :D.
    Xela M wrote: »
    David Bowie has apparently always been straight.

That's the most obvious actual example.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Barrowman has a wife and kids. Seen the proof. For the shocking TRUTH google 'Five-ish Doctors reboot'. :o

(the Gok Wan sketch was with John Culshaw. The Impressionists Show? Did a funny sketch with Ross Kemp being scared of various 'gangs' like the Brownies too.)

Weeelll, made me chuckle, anyway.
    So funny that bit!:D
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a very camp tv presenter on NI tv called Julian Simmonds...he is very keen to play on the fact he is so camp and of course it follows in people's minds that he is gay. BUT...about 10 years ago I saw him at a cinema slobbering over one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. He was looking at her like he was REALLY into her....though God knows what she would have seen in him, he's gross.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aleksandr Orlov
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    There is a very camp tv presenter on NI tv called Julian Simmonds...he is very keen to play on the fact he is so camp and of course it follows in people's minds that he is gay. BUT...about 10 years ago I saw him at a cinema slobbering over one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. He was looking at her like he was REALLY into her....though God knows what she would have seen in him, he's gross.

People fancy different people. What you think is gross, someone else might think is very good looking.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,601
    Forum Member
    Duncan Norville the comedian. ("Chase me")
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan O'Carroll (Mrs Brown) perhaps? He's certainly one of the very few drag acts that's married with children.
  • BigNipperBigNipper Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Adam Rose and Goldust in WWE.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    David Walliams, technically.
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I have my suspicions about a number of celebs, they have probably tapped into that market present themselves as camp/gay and pocket the rewards.

I'm surprised the public haven't twigged what's been going on, I think the public will be shocked to learn which celebs are hetro.

It's encouraged by agents and you are on the ball.
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Brendan O'Carroll (Mrs Brown) perhaps? He's certainly one of the very few drag acts that's married with children.

He's not really a drag act. He's a comedian whose main character is a woman. Other comedy acts like Les Dawson, Dick Emery, Monty Python etc have all dressed up as women for comedy.
This discussion has been closed.