Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are driving along and the person behind/beside you decides he wants to have a speeding race with you.
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Having this chuffing cold, and being awake since 3.30am, especially when I'm starting a new job today!:mad:
  • ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much the same as previous posters, especially the supermarket annoyances.

A couple of others that make me want to rip the offenders heads off:

People who whistle to get my attention. Am I walking on all fours with a tail? No? Use my name.

People who come into our office, look for something and leave a trail of destruction in their wake. You made the mess, sort it.

...and breathe.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    When cables like headphone cables are tangled so you have to untangle them before listening. Because no matter where you put them down it always happens.

WHY does that happen??? I go to stay at my boyfriend's flat every other weekend, I put my hairdryer and my straighteners in a bag, put the bag in the boot of my car, drive to Poole and when I get there someone has been in the bag and knotted the cords together so it takes me 10 minutes to separate them!!!!!:mad:
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    temperare wrote: »
    The amercian pronounciation of "Niche"

Or Iraq :rolleyes:

(Don't get be started on 'herbs')
  • *starburst**starburst* Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    People who don't thank you for holding the door open, i take great pleasure in saying "yeah, your welcome" really loudly when they don't. They either end up thanking me or scurry off in embarassment :D

Makes you wanna drag them back and slam the door in their face doesn't it !!!! I'm exactly the same..."you're welcome" rude ****! :D:D:D
  • *starburst**starburst* Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Alrighty,

Surly shop assistants (New Look being the worst) who talk to their colleagues while they serve you.

The checkout operators in Tesco who forget to give me my Green Clubcard points for re-using my bags and then tell me I need to queue at Customer Services to get them because they've now closed their till.

People who cannot use apostrophes correctly or use them inconsistently. For example, the shop near my work advertises 'baked potatoes, sandwiches and panini's '. Why an apostrophe on panini and not the other two? I have also noticed that ASDA is particularly bad at its usage of apostrophes on its POS and on packaging of foods. Especially when it comes to 'its' and 'it's'.

People who have rottweilers and say 'ooooh he wouldn't hurt a fly!'.

Standing on upturned plugs.

Disorganised people who can't co-ordinate the simplest of things.

Parents who say 'but you're not a parent' when it comes to child abuse cases. As if that means my opinion is null and void.

Old people who complain about 'the youth of today'. I have lost count of the amount of rude old people I've encountered. The 'old people of today' are just as much of a nuisance.

Fat folk who are on invalidity because they're obese.

Councils who give free gym membership to obese people.

Txt spk.

People who spell it 'definAtely'.

People who have never voted and don't even know who the Prime Minister is moaning about taxes/cost of living/prison sentences.

Cyclist riding on the pavement. And worse...cyclists who ride on both the road and the pavement depending on which is least busy.

White van drivers full of blokes with high viz vests on trying to break the speed of sound in their Transit.

People who are scared of cats because 'the look sly'. It's an effing cat!

I could go on but I have work to do and I'm already getting annoyed.

Are you me ??? :D:D:D Absolutely agree with you!:p
  • lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who drive with front fog lights on when it's not foggy (or sometimes not even dark). Sometimes middle-aged women too and not just stupid young boys.

People who assume it's ok to address someone by their first name when they don't know them. i.e, My mrs will phone the bank and hear the girl mention her name is "Alice" during her intro, so she will refer to her as "Alice" throughout the call yet she doesn't even know her. Drives me mad :mad:

Similarly, people will call my work and ask who they are speaking to without introducing themselves first. I have often wondered how they would feel if I called them back at their homes early evening and ask who I was speaking to. You would be amazed at the amount of ignorant people who do this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I hate it when people get on the bus and sit in the aisle seat and put their bags on the window seat, so no-one can sit next to them. So selfish! :mad:
  • lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when people get on the bus and sit in the aisle seat and put their bags on the window seat, so no-one can sit next to them. So selfish! :mad:

Ask them how much extra they paid for the luxury of "bag seats" - They will move.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who have a tiny amount of shopping yet pay for it all in separate section's which takes about double time when all i have is a loaf of bread :mad:

People slag of your musical taste because it's not as cool and trendy and make you feel small and ridiculous .I'LL LISTEN TO WHAT I WANT!!

canned laughter on comedy shows .Not everything uttered is THAT hilarious !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is one of my pet hates...trains are the worst places for it too!! Gets me angry :mad:
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »
    If you said something to me I'd say something back. I'm sorry it annoys you but you don't have any right to have a go at someone because they choose to pay for something on their card. Maybe they didn't leave the house with enough cash, or they had to buy something extra and didn't have enough cash on them. It only takes an extra say 20-30 seconds to pay by card, I should know cause I use my card to pay for almost everything.

That's 20 seconds of my life, for each person that does it. It adds up you know. Jesus christ if it's a few pence or a couple of quid there is a quick easy payment method some people are using these days called cash.
    I have every right to have a go at someone for stealing my life and if you are really sorry that it annoys me then don't do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mollypops wrote: »
    People who say drawring! There is no R in drawing

It's silent. Like the 'p' in swimming pool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    helenj1986 wrote: »
    People slag of your musical taste because it's not as cool and trendy and make you feel small and ridiculous .I'LL LISTEN TO WHAT I WANT!!

People think it's funny to relentlessly try to take the piss out of my musical tastes. I'd rather like my 'shite' music than jump on the latest musical bandwagon, like them. At least I have some semblence of individuality.
  • martinamerlotmartinamerlot Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who WON'T blow their noses and who sit all day seemingly taking some perverse pleasure in sniffing loudly! I refer in particular to an annoying cretin who's now taken root in this office (it's one of his many annoying habits)! :mad:
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClientFan wrote: »
    The phrase "Take care". Such utterly meaningless, pointless drivel.

Oh dear :o

I say "take care" often .... always meant well with the best intentions and a nice way to leave a conversation (I thought)
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mollypops wrote: »
    People who say drawring! There is no R in drawing
    Yep .....

People who say:
    • draw (instead of drawer)
    People who write:
    • Thankyou (instead of Thank You)
  • SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't say "take care" very often, but when my OH said it to me over the phone last night after some tough times I've had... well, it was very heartwarming. It can work wonders in certain situations, but can seem redundant in others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Driving:
    1. waiting until there are cars behind you in the offside lane at traffic lights before signalling that you are turning right.
    2. When traffic has pulled over to let an ambulance or fire engine past, hurtling along JUST behind it and so overtaking everyone else on the road.
    3. Insisting that your little darlings MUST be dropped within 3 inches of the school gate whatever the danger to others or their legs might drop right off.

Non-driving:
    1. Forgetting to tell people when your baby has been born, even after a few weeks, so people start panicking that you have suffered a terrible tragedy.
    2. Making jokes about celebs that are dead and decomposed from over-use (the jokes, not the celebs). Vanessa Feltz is fat you know. Ha ha ha.
    3. Celebrity daughters with a massive sense of entitlement, and worse still the toadying press that feeds it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    That's 20 seconds of my life, for each person that does it. It adds up you know. Jesus christ if it's a few pence or a couple of quid there is a quick easy payment method some people are using these days called cash.
    I have every right to have a go at someone for stealing my life and if you are really sorry that it annoys me then don't do it.

No one is forcing you to go in a shop and join the queue, it is a perfectly acceptable way of paying for an item, no one is stealing 20 seconds of your life. Did you not read where I said maybe the person had to buy something unexpected and didn't have enough cash on them? You don't have any right to have a go at someone because you dislike their method of payment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many driving things wind me up it's unbelievable!

Number 1 is the failure to indicate, I think it's down right rude and it just annoys me so much!

Also hate it when drivers split a single lane road into 2 lanes.

When drivers are so impatient to wait for a bus to move they will swerve round it nearly knocking over pedestrians.

I could go on forever!

Even though I drive I still take public transport to work and I absolutely hate it when someone gets on the bus, takes our their purse and counts all their coppers out for the fare and takes ages! Surely you EXPECT to pay for bus fare, why not have your money ready?!
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two examples drawn from my own experiences this past week:

Mothers who take their kids in to a clothes shop's changing room, and then proceed to chastise and moan at them every few moments because they are not sitting quietly and behaving and waiting patiently for Mummy to try on her clothes.
    I'm sure the kids would rather be at home playing instead of being dragged in to every shop going, just so Mummy can get her shopping fix.

Shopper's at Tesco's (supposedly) quick checkout that are purchasing just 2 items but have to pay for them separately, because their mate only had a £5 to buy a packet of Wotsits, but couldn't also possibly pay for his mate's drink with said £5.

Men with the baggiest and low slung pair of jeans ever so the back pocket is halfway down the leg, and then putting their wallet in to the pocket. A pickpockets paradise.
    (not trivial annoyance, just plain stupid)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »

Men with the baggiest and low slung pair of jeans ever so the back pocket is halfway down the leg, and then putting their wallet in to the pocket. A pickpockets paradise.
    (not trivial annoyance, just plain stupid)

Gah...this annoys me too!!! I just want to run up to them, hoik up their trousers and stick a bleeding belt on them!!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »
    No one is forcing you to go in a shop and join the queue, it is a perfectly acceptable way of paying for an item, no one is stealing 20 seconds of your life. Did you not read where I said maybe the person had to buy something unexpected and didn't have enough cash on them? You don't have any right to have a go at someone because you dislike their method of payment.

I have every right you time theif. Give me back my 20 seconds. Stop stealing my time. I don't know how much I've got left and I don't want to spend it stuck behind you and your kind whilst you faff about with your bloody chip and pin for a packet of chewing gum.
    And what do you mean no one is forcing me to go into shops and join the queue.
    Nobody is going to come round to my house and give me the things I need. Of course I have top go into shops.
    I'm beggining to better understand the mentality of someone who would use a card to pay for a stamp though.
This discussion has been closed.