Clarkeson in the sh*t

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I've got even less time for these Nazi-like climate change hooligans than I do for Clarkson.

I'd be a whole lot more willing to listen to the climate change argument and attempt to be "Green" if the people who lead the support weren't such utter, utter morons.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJ Marlowe wrote: »
    I've got even less time for these Nazi-like climate change hooligans than I do for Clarkson.

I'd be a whole lot more willing to listen to the climate change argument and attempt to be "Green" if the people who lead the support weren't such utter, utter morons.

Exactly, them t*ats at plane stupid lost my respect as soon as they stopped a plane from taking off which was carrying a sick child.

With anyluck these tools will be arrested for trespassing
    Forum Member
    Exactly, them t*ats at plane stupid lost my respect as soon as they stopped a plane from taking off which was carrying a sick child.

With anyluck these tools will be arrested for trespassing

I've got no time for these idiots at all. There's getting a message out and there's causing unfair distruption and being outright thugs.

I hope they all get the book thrown at them. They give anyone who does feel passionate about climate change but who doesn't behave like a twit over it a really bad name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    I remember when Clarkson got a face full off some sort of cream gateau he just laughed it off.

Can't remember the precise reaction, I thought he lapped it up.
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those protestors should certainly get a lot more than the pathetic sentences handed down to those idiots who ambushed that coal train.
  • madcapmonstermadcapmonster Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    The simmering war that has long been waged between environmentalists and Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson escalated today when seven women from the pressure group Climate Rush arrived at his £2m Cotswolds house and dumped six bags of horse manure on his drive and front lawn.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/sep/17/jeremy-clarkson-horse-manure-protest

He has been put right in it there then :D

How can you spell Clarkson wrong, even when you post a link to a story with his name in?
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there will be more of these stunts in the future me thinks, and I bet members of the public without a tv profile will also become victims of it. Drive a 4x4 - look out, you must be top of their list.

Once Cameron gets into power next year, I think the green drive will really begin to bite - he his for all that sort of thing, is he not? An easy one in an effort to cut CO2 (and raise money to get the UK out of the red faster), would be to push up the price of petrol/diesel significantly. Another for Towns seeking to make a "green statement" would be to ban all traffic (except public transport) from their town centres for a day.

.....I think we are going to be in for a rough ride.
    Forum Member
    I don't even want to think about how Cameron might fuel this Go Green nazi-bullying we're already seeing. It's out of control enough as it is. The amount of fines, what you can be fined for and what protesters might be allowed to get up to with Cameron backing the cause isn't something I want to think about.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rmpc77 wrote: »
    Yeah, she's not rebelling from Mummy and Daddy in her gap year at all is she? :rolleyes:

Yes and Daddy will pay the fine if there is one and it will be such a hoot at the golf club - before she settles down, marries a thoroughly decent chap, has a couple of well bred children - and golly we'll need a 4x4 to take them to school!;)
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This just shows how nasty-minded these green zealots are. Mr Clarkson should do them for criminal damage or harssment, and make them pay for the clean up.
  • sub4ux4sub4ux4 Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the bet clarksons got richard hammond standing in it to grow next episode of top gear :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I hope they get prosecuted, and that Clarkson makes good use of the free horse poop in his garden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Those protestors should certainly get a lot more than the pathetic sentences handed down to those idiots who ambushed that coal train.

Yes, it's certainly crime of the century. Hanging's too good for them, that's what I say! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Like clarkson would give a flying about a buch of mongs like that
  • sub4ux4sub4ux4 Posts: 1,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dynamite! wrote: »
    Like clarkson would give a flying about a buch of mongs like that

horrible :(
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the women have made themselves look like prats. However worthy their cause, and however erroneous Clarkson's views, there was no call to attack the guy in such a way.

At the end of the day it's a free country, and he's entitled to express his opinion.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how these stupid wenches would like a barrow of nice sloppy manure emptying on *their* doorsteps?
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I think the women have made themselves look like prats. However worthy their cause, and however erroneous Clarkson's views, there was no call to attack the guy in such a way.

At the end of the day it's a free country, and he's entitled to express his opinion.

I agree. I'm far from Clarkson's biggest fan but this is pathetic.
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    Are we supposed to take such people seriously?

Do you think they know anything about the climate?

Why are we all expected to fall in line with people like this? If the Global Warming reigion was made up of sensible, rational people, they would be taken a lot more seriously.

So-called Deniers get all the flack, yet they are generally logical, sensible people who question and challenge what they are told and are rightly suspicious of the way a hypothesis has been politically hijacked. And then the 'Believers' who do things like this and send death threats to climatologists with alternate theories.

Hmmmm, which side is saner? But I suppose when there is state funded propaganda and brain washing, this is the type of people you create. Perhaps increased vandalism is the real threat.

And what has Clarkson done wrong? Presented a car show?

I have to agree that it does nothing to help the green cause in my eyes - i am very much undecided on the whole matter but stunts like these make me err more towards the anti CC side of the fence...

Having hysterical 19 yr olds telling me how i should live my life kind of grates a bit...

Infact, it raises an interesting point: We are told that there's all these scientists out there that are pretty certain that if we don't change things and change them rapidly and drastically the planet is going to fall apart. If i was one of those guys with that knowledge i don't think i would be relying on over zealous kids and corrupt politicians to get the message across. I think i would have a great big banner or something saying 'listen, i am one of the chief advisors to the IPCC and here's what i have to say...'
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to be a load of crap!!!!!:D

Let them go to China & do that. Theyve said theyre not going to take any notice of all this nonsense.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Infact, it raises an interesting point: We are told that there's all these scientists out there that are pretty certain that if we don't change things and change them rapidly and drastically the planet is going to fall apart. If i was one of those guys with that knowledge i don't think i would be relying on over zealous kids and corrupt politicians to get the message across. I think i would have a great big banner or something saying 'listen, i am one of the chief advisors to the IPCC and here's what i have to say...'
    Most scientists just prefer to do the science. Some go further and attempt to make the science known and accessible to the lay public. Very few make the step into direct environmental activism, with James Hansen (head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies) being a notable exception. He has been arrested while protesting.

Your attitude puzzles me. You disapprove (not unreasonably) of protesters dumping manure on Clarkson's property, but would apparently be more convinced by a demonstration involving climate scientists with banners bearing simple slogans than by the science itself...
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    njp wrote: »
    Most scientists just prefer to do the science. Some go further and attempt to make the science known and accessible to the lay public. Very few make the step into direct environmental activism, with James Hansen (head of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies) being a notable exception. He has been arrested while protesting.

Roy Spencer used to work for NASA as senior scientist for NASA's climate studies. He's come out as a "man-made GW sceptic".

It's getting to the point where notable scientists are giving conflicting answers, which leads me to conclude that we should indeed be mindful of man-made global warming, but not hysterical about it. Afterall, we can't even get consensus from many scientists on the matter.
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I think they need to get laid ;)

Or have a c*** put in their ears and have some sense f***** into them...:D
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can you spell Clarkson wrong, even when you post a link to a story with his name in?

It caught the E by mistake typing ;)
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    Roy Spencer used to work for NASA as senior scientist for NASA's climate studies. He's come out as a "man-made GW sceptic".
    Well the problem is that Spencer's published research fails to support his public pronouncements, some of which are completely bonkers.