Options

Prince William To Marry Kate Middleton (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Wagner winning the Xfactor??? ;););)

Ooooh crikey I hope not :D would be funny though just for the reactions!
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Obviously releasing the 'news' now so that the factories in China can start making the souvenirs:rolleyes: and as others have said it's very reminiscent of 1981 when things were equally bad and depressing.:(

Didn't you know that waving or little flags, tugging our forelocks and doffing our caps will make us all feel so much better. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    You'll just have to cancel.:rolleyes::D

Can you imagine the shame if any of our guests declined our invitation so they could watch the royal wedding instead :eek::D
  • Options
    FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    The Apollo moon landings were a hoax, too. ;)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HopeLass wrote: »
    It makes me laugh and is also a shame how when the British public hear some good news for a change it is all doom and gloom and complaints and mentions of war and death and paying for them etc etc.
    I am no royalist but for god's sake will nothing cheer this miserable country up?

Please explain how two irrelevant vapid upper-class twits announcing a wedding date is supposed to be good news? :confused:
  • Options
    ClearviewClearview Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will we get a day off?
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine the shame if any of our guests declined our invitation so they could watch the royal wedding instead :eek::D

They weren't 'real friends' anyway but keep the presents.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    sofieellis wrote: »
    Why? I don't know all that much about her :confused:

Good question and one which I will attempt to answer.
    Quite simply being a monarchist she just doesnt fit. The future King of England (if the monarchy is to survive) cannot marry some tom and dick and harry that runs a 'party' company, He should be marrying someone with an aristocratic background. It wont be long before you are hearing that her family will be having to have security paid for by guess who and in these economic times that is just a nonsense but thats another story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please explain how two irrelevant vapid upper-class twits announcing a wedding date is supposed to be good news? :confused:

We might get a public holiday?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I am never going to be Queen now! :( lol:D
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearview wrote: »
    Will we get a day off?

July 29th.;):o
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone give a toss?

Lol ! - I think we have a winner :D
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    It'll be a Saturday I bet :D

Charles and Di's was a Wednesday. I'd say midweek again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Genuine answer: because it makes a lot of people happy. Just as one of the UK countries (or the UK for that matter) winning some major sports title makes a lot of people, though not me personally, happy. I mean, I quite enjoy watching someone do a parade of honour on top of an open bus through cheering crowds, even if I am a bit vague about what they have achieved. Ditto a royal wedding - who honestly would refuse to have a drink and a smile if the news bulletins are full of happy faces for once?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Clearview wrote: »
    Will we get a day off?

If there was, I'd volunteer to go to work for the day - unpaid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Genuine answer: because it makes a lot of people happy. Just as one of the UK countries (or the UK for that matter) winning some major sports title makes a lot of people, though not me personally, happy. I mean, I quite enjoy watching someone do a parade of honour on top of an open bus through cheering crowds, even if I am a bit vague about what they have achieved. Ditto a royal wedding - who honestly would refuse to have a drink and a smile if the news bulletins are full of happy faces for once?

Hear hear! :D
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't drink to them, and I'm certainly not happy for them. It's 2010, the monarchy is a bloody joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will honeymoon in South Africa.
  • Options
    Flubber.Flubber. Posts: 2,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    congratulations to them both, its very easy to be cynical about them getting married now but in the end theyve been together for numerous years; anytime they eventually got married someone somewhere would have the hump about it, if it was the olympic year they'd get booed for taking the spotlight away from the games, if it was the year after people would moan about the cost of the wedding and the jubilee. Dont know whats in store for 2014 but someone here would find a reason to begrudge them their happiness.

To my knowledge Kate has never given a reason for people to hate her. She's rich, pretty and recieved a good education if thats the reason people dont want her to be queen, would you rather Prince William met someone off the Jeremy Kyle show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HopeLass wrote: »
    We might get a public holiday?!

Fingers crossed. I am hoping June or July.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I've never been a huge fan of Kate Middleton, but accept she's probably had unfair treatment by the press, so congratulations to them!

I hope their wedding isn't on the same day as mine! :D

Don't say that! In years to come, if you have a wedding date in common with the sovereign, you may be invited to Buck House for a nosh-up. You may just as well accept it and enjoy the caviar, champagne and anything else on offer, never look a gift horse in the mouth. :D
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not paying for this. Will there be a day off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    I wouldn't drink to them, and I'm certainly not happy for them. It's 2010, the monarchy is a bloody joke.

Well you be happy in your misery. If it will help, I will have your share of the day's happiness. I will even drink your share of the drink.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a bit of a con. Sky say they got engaged in October yet we only find out now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    I'm not paying for this.

Yes you are. Just you. No one else will need to pay a penny. Sorry.