Well done Matt :)

Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wanted to say congratulations to Matt and Aliona for getting to 2nd place and for being so gracious in defeat. :) Really loved watching them each weekend, they were such a highlight for me.

What exactly am I going to do now?! Get a life? :cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to say congratulations to Matt and Aliona for getting to 2nd place and for being so gracious in defeat. :) Really loved watching them each weekend, they were such a highlight for me.

Agree :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed their Samba tonight, and they were very gracious in defeat :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utterly agree. He bought such class and decency to the show, and I was amazed by his dedication, strength and talent all the way through. Really lovely man, and just brilliant to watch. A really really good contestant for SCD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed but I can't help feeling Matt never reached his true potential :(

You can put your life on hold until the Christmas Special :)
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was lovely how he said he'd have voted for Kara if he was sat watching at home.

Nice guy, who would probably have won any other series. But he was up against some tough competition.
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I appreciated being able to watch their amazing dances, they were completely mesmerising :)

Having said that I'm looking forward to reclaiming a few hours of my life back each day now that I won't be reading forums. Think I even lost weight this week because I was prioritising posting on DS over eating! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes well done Matt, he was a delight to watch
  • Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't have a favourite but he was really good and as you say was very gracious.

As regards getting a life or what you're going to do now, have you thought about getting a bloke with a "horse outside"?!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I think Matt was an amazing contestant and completely deserved to be in the final two

I agree there appeared to be something missing from his performances at times which I believe he does possess which would have made them spectacular

I think his personality both in terms of his gentlemanly conduct and emotion when he was criticised by the judges really marks him out as a fantastic person

I look forward to him developing his career further using this as a jumping board to other things
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt "went out there" and had a ball, knowing it was not a shoe-in to win, despite massive public vote pattern - I think Aliona's choreography was not to Len's taste, BUT he looked right doing it and this dancing appeals a lot more to the younger generation.

Personally, despite the clumsy BBC interviewing, I'm not sure Matt expected to win - hoped to, yes, but I don't think he'll go to bed tonight thinking he was robbed. He gave it his all, and is an extremely worthy and gracious runner-up.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

totally and utterly agree

Gorgeous couple and a joy to watch both in training and on the dance floor
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I thought it was lovely how he said he'd have voted for Kara if he was sat watching at home.

Nice guy, who would probably have won any other series. But he was up against some tough competition.

He was very gracious, such a genuinely nice man.

I am really glad that he and Aliona got to show all of thier dances. I hope that this will be a massive boost to his career. Actually he doesn't need my good wishes, because it most definitely will be.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TylerTango wrote: »
    I really enjoyed their Samba tonight, and they were very gracious in defeat :)

Tyler, I'm very, very happy for you that one of your girls won, it's about time ;):D
  • fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His samba deserved a 40 imo.
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    He was very gracious, such a genuinely nice man.

I am really glad that he and Aliona got to show all of thier dances.
    I hope that this will be a massive boost to his career. Actually he doesn't need my good wishes, because it most definitely will be.

Think most of the sweating in the Matt apprecation thread before the first elimination was that we wouldn't get to see his Paso :eek:

Thank God we did get to see it, I've watched it a few times and I think it will go down as one of my favourite Matt & Aliona dances, no matter what Grumpy Pants Len thought of it.
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    Yes, well done. Kara was a class act and if not for her, he would have won.

Perhaps he should now realise that acting desperate to win, using emotional blackmail (wether inteded or not) by crying on the show for 3 weeks will not gain him many supporters, more likely lose some.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloudyE wrote: »

Perhaps he should now realise that acting desperate to win, using emotional blackmail (wether inteded or not) by crying on the show for 3 weeks will not gain him many supporters, more likely lose some.

Artem cried loads? :confused: And Matt didn't cry that much anyway.

Shame on you dampening a perfectly nice thread :D
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Matt and Aliona for some brilliant dancing over the series. They obviously had developed a close partnership and were worthy finalists. Matt was very gracious in defeat. I wish them both well for the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I thought he was a fantastic contestant, lovely man and very gracious in defeat with his comment about voting for Kara were he at home

I've loved many of his dances, but I think tonight I loved watching his VW the most, he actually seemed the most relaxed and enjoying of the dance since the first week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    I admire how gracious he was in defeat :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cloudy, you're on the wrong thread. This one is for appreciation. If you want to blurt childish nonsense, there is always the "Matt was robbed" thread.
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, that's a funny sort of congratulation and somewhat out of place. But hey.
  • CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    Cloudy, you're on the wrong thread. This one is for appreciation. If you want to blurt childish nonsense, there is always the "Matt was robbed" thread.

I said well done! Of course, if it was an official appreciation thread, I would not have made my observations. Start an official one if there isnt one already and then you wont have to read what others think and feel in an open forum ;)
  • beemailbeemail Posts: 2,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pasta wrote: »
    Well, that's a funny sort of congratulation and somewhat out of place. But hey.

don't even give the sad idiot the satisfaction of quoting their comments.

Matt & Aliona have been an absolute inspiration this year, I've nothing but admiration for what they achieved. I've never seen such a complete partnership on strictly - under different circumstances I'm sure they would have won.

well done Matt & Aliona
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said well done! Of course, if it was an official appreciation thread, I would not have made my observations. Start an official one if there isnt one already and then you wont have to read what others think and feel in an open forum ;)

'Well done' threads have a tone of their own that is usually respected.