Options

Mobile phones - turning people anti social ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree .Smart phones are great ...but they increasingly seem to be getting priority over face to face social interaction.That indeed is a bit sad...

I hardly ever look at my phone but I see many people walking the streets with their eyes glued to their phones and nothing else seems to matter. It's no wonder they are called anti-social plus it's a very easy way to get yourself hurt or killed in an accident.
  • Options
    Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great if your in a lift or any akward situation with a stranger you can't be bothered to exchange pleasantries with
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm an antisocial bastard beats anything when someone you don't want talking to you starts talking
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I always get worried when someone I don't know starts to talk to me. It creeps me out and I start thinking that they might want to rape or murder me:eek: :o
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to a pub last night and saw at least one duo sat a table looking down at screens, fiddling with buttons and not talking to each other :D

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw recently

Wife to husband in restaurant: Answer your phone will you? It's me calling - I don't want people here to think we haven't got any friends! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... I see many people walking the streets with their eyes glued to their phones and nothing else seems to matter. It's no wonder they are called anti-social plus it's a very easy way to get yourself hurt or killed in an accident.

It becomes a major issue in shopping centres especially places like the Trafford Centre these days with people with people walking along eyes glued to screens not watching where they are going even up stairs.

When they are walking directly at me I will stop walking and stay where I am and see how close the get to me before realising they are going to bump into someone.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always been antisocial - I just used to hide.

Having a phone gives me the confidence now to go out and know I have something to hide behind without physically leaving the room.
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on the topic of mobile phones being an outside risk. I walked into a tree while texting. :D
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on the topic of mobile phones being an outside risk. I walked into a tree while texting. :D

Proves my point.....:D