Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Overjoyed to read that
    Daniel and Amber are splitting
    About time too.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Paige and Tyler's tedious search for the other brain cell continues.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Right. So Georgia almost gives Nell one measly extra paracetamol (which wouldn't have done her any harm) and Mother Teresa has a fit and pretty much wants Georgia hung drawn and quartered (yes I'm exaggerating!). Even though Georgia was worried about a mum with cancer.

BIB - sorry, but paracetamol overdose can be very harmful. Had Nell ended up taking 3 doses (2 legitimate and one accidental) in e.g. a 4 hour window, it would not have been good for her liver. Although paracetamol is widely used and regarded as safe (which it is when used correctly), overdose (accidental or otherwise) can lead to liver failure surprisingly quickly, so Sonya was justified in her concern.

I've looked after many people who have taken an attention-seeking overdose, thinking paracetamol won't harm them, but have ended up on a Parvolex IV infusion to counteract the effects of the Paracetamol. And a few unlucky ones, who left it too late for the antedote ended up needing liver transplants. And it doesn't take as many tablets as people would think. This is why we're warned to read contents of flu/cold remedies, as some people accidentally overdose by taking paracetamol on its own, together with Beecham's etc. which also contain paracetamol.

Besides, no matter the effects on Nell, hospital ODs are not OK! Georgia's job is to check medication charts before administering anything to a patient - (right patient, right medication, right time, right dose, right method of administration), and also asking the child's parent if they have had any paracetamol before they came into hospital.
    Daniel needs to wise up to himself and fast. The same goes for Brad.

Brad is terrible for my blood pressure - and that's not meant as a compliment.
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Brad really is a knob. If I were Terese I would get rid.

Agreed. When Terese was up-in-arms over the Adelaide kiss between Lauren and Brad, I felt she was acting OTT, but she's had the patience of a saint this time round when Brad really is sniffing around Lauren. I could not bear to be with such a weak, drippy man as Brad.
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Agreed. I found his warning off of that Lewis guy a bit cringey. Lauren said it best in the preview for tomorrow that he really needs to worry about his own marriage. I know people used to say Matt was dull but I much preferred him to Brad

Yes, I wish Matt was still around and Brad had taken a hike.

The current Paige/Tyler storyline is now reaching 'Rani's play' proportions for me. I now groan whenever one of them appears onscreen. I like both characters, but this storyline needs to end ASAP as it's dragging the show down.
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overjoyed to read that
    Daniel and Amber are splitting
    About time too.

I do think this tedious triangle will continue to go on though. I don't think this will be the end of it.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    BIB :o:o:o what a rather an unpleasant thing to say (in my opinion)

Just to clarify, I was speaking factually not giving my opinion on the motive behind those overdoses. Specifically I was referring to people who had taken self-confessed attention-seeking overdoses. In other words, these people said they had, for example wanted to get the attention of their boyfriend or mum, after a row, They said they had no intention of harming themselves, but wanted to give their loved one a scare and chose a paracetamol overdose as they thought it would be harmless. They were shocked and upset when they realised they were in real danger of having liver failure.

I hope that explains why I used that term. I would never insult those with genuine mental health issues or judge anyone with depression. It was certainly not my intention to make an unpleasant comment about attempted suicide.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Lauren's new man speak like he's high?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

You'd have to be to get through Neighbours at the moment! :D The writing is poor, the newcomers are very hit-and-miss and it's all getting a bit heavy.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »

You mean Robin? I hadn't noticed that he did!
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the whole Tomato/Paige/Tyler/Brennan saga to end before I break my fast forward button.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm so close to starting a "Ffs get rid of Brad Willis" thread.
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member

We need rid of St. Sonya and Paige first.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    FFS get rid of low rent Lisa Simpson Imogen first

And ffs get rid of nate. Or do we not need actors any more and we all get a go?

FFS get rid of the casting agents that go for looks first, talent last
    (Best character in neighbours history Harold would never haven had a chance with them :blush: )
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing Brad and Lauren together. The fallout would be awesome to see, and I've never bought into him and Terese as a couple anyway.

I think when Paul tried to split them up he had a lot of valid points. I just don't see someone so career focused sticking with a guy who basically is still a surfer dude and wanders from one job to the next.

I'm warming to Brennan and Paige getting back together as well. But I'm not so sure Brennan would want to be with her when/if he finds out what she has been up to.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the whole Tomato/Paige/Tyler/Brennan saga to end before I break my fast forward button.

You just know Brennan and Paige will get back together. How dull. Paige brings Brennan down and have no chemistry as a couple in my opinion. I am now going to just catch up with the soap on demand, so I can skip any painful Paige scenes.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS get rid of low rent Lisa Simpson Imogen first

And ffs get rid of nate. Or do we not need actors any more and we all get a go?

FFS get rid of the casting agents that go for looks first, talent last
    (Best character in neighbours history Harold would never haven had a chance with them :blush: )

For me, Imogen is one of the best characters on the show and the actress playing her is talented. Give me Imogen over Paige any day.

Nate is a bit dull, but the actor is decent enough.
  • Options
    Helen_McPhersonHelen_McPherson Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    For me, Imogen is one of the best characters on the show and the actress playing her is talented. Give me Imogen over Paige any day.

Nate is a bit dull, but the actor is decent enough.

Totally agree

Imogen can be a bit annoying but aren't we all sometimes??! I agree she's one of the best characters and well acted

I actually really like Nate - and I think the actor plays what isn't the best written character pretty well ie I don't think it's the acting that is at fault
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's really annoying me just now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that the Bungle Bungles painting by Helen Daniels was mentioned the other day. It's great the writers are dropping in things from the past :)
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    I loved that the Bungle Bungles painting by Helen Daniels was mentioned the other day. It's great the writers are dropping in things from the past :)

Yes, I enjoyed that too. Never thought we'd hear the Bungle Bungles mentioned again in Neighbours!
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I think they should have Brad shirtless all the time - it's the most interesting thing about him! :D

Seeing Brad/Lauren/Paige together as a family, I'm warming to the idea of them being a better match for each other. I think it could be good drama. But, I wouldn't want their union to plain-sailing, as they don't deserve it. I'd feel for Terese, as her and Brad must have had something in common for them to last so long.

I don't mind Paige in this story; it feels like a natural progression of the story from last year. No matter how hard they try to "blend the families", those old issues haven't gone away. Terese and Paige still see each other as an issue.
    I'm warming to Brennan and Paige getting back together as well. But I'm not so sure Brennan would want to be with her when/if he finds out what she has been up to.
    I think there's the possibility that Brennan may react the opposite way. May be he's learnt from his mistake with Kate, when he dumped her for providing Rebecca with an alibi the night Paul was pushed of the mezzanine. His initial reaction could still be one of horror, but I think he may be less judgemental this time around, especially after dating Naomi and overcoming those issues.

I don't think he'll be as forgiving with Tyler, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Yes, I enjoyed that too. Never thought we'd hear the Bungle Bungles mentioned again in Neighbours!

I actually shrieked. Such a saddo for Neighbours :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    and me!! >:(

and paige needs to f**k off too, the interferring little cow....

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Jimmy out acting half the cast already
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Jimmy out acting half the cast already

I find his glassy-eyed perma-grin slightly sinister :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    I find his glassy-eyed perma-grin slightly sinister :blush:

It's Bobby Beale/Damien all over again.

They're really milking this well nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.