How many soaps do you watch?

2»

Comments

• mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch Coronation Street, Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Emmerdale, Neighbours, Home & Away and Fair City.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just one.

Avid Emmerdale viewer since the end of 2009
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I only watch Corrie and Emmerdale
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie and ED. Never been able to get into EE. Too dreary.
  • freya1980freya1980 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Always watch emmerdale sometimes corrie but haven't watched eastenders since Martin kemp was in it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Corrie, ee. Bord with ee an to much Shirley tho. :(
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    At the moment I'm following 4 soaps, these include my favourites Emmerdale and Home and Away, as well as EastEnders and Neighbours. I don't normally like to follow more than 3 or 4 as it can get a bit too much.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ee but ive begun to loose interest recently as i dont like the way dtc has onlymfocused on HIS favorites and shoved them down our throat and having too many slow burner introductions and storylines going off at once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Only neighbours.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Watch them all except Home and Away at the moment, having got back in to Corrie and Emmerdale this year, and Eastenders and Neighbours in 2013 after significant breaks.

I've watched Hollyoaks from the start with 2 year long gaps at ridiculously low points, there may be another gap soon though!
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Four- Neighbours, Eastenders, Coronation Street & Hollyoaks.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I guess I've seen pretty much all of the soaps at one time or another for varying lengths of time.

I have vague memories of Knots Landing, Breakers, A Country Practice, and Brookside from my childhood, which means I was either too young to watch much, or only caught the odd episode during school holidays or when I was sick.

Soaps I'm currently watching on a regular basis are in bold.

Neighbours: 1990-. I have early memories of watching as a kid, as I do remember Harold falling into the sea and being presumed dead. The only time I've ever felt compelled to quit watching was during 2009. The Bower era was truly awful. Thankfully, it has been turned around by Jason Herbison. It isn't perfect, but it's way better than it was.

EastEnders: About 1993-2004; 2007-. I know I didn't start watching as early as Neighbours, which was probably due to my age. I did tune out in 2004, as it was just too awful to watch. I came back full time in 2007, although 2013 was a chore.

Emmerdale: 1993-2006; 2010-11; Late 2012; 2013-. I think it's pretty solid right now, and the best it's been for a long time. It's not perfect, but it has consistency and momentum.

The Bold and the Beautiful: 1995-2003; early 2012; 2014-. I've always needed to watch a US soap, and I've watched B&B for a long time. It went through a dark period for a while, but its found its feet again.

Hollyoaks: 2003-05; 2012-. So, I started watching during Lisa's self harm and the Toby Mills serial killer story, tuning out when the Dog exploded. I started watching again in 2012, around the time of the enchanted forest, but I've struggled to watch since 2013. I'm now a casual viewer, barely watching much at all as it has lost its heart and soul.

Coronation Street: Mid-90s-2010. Although, I had become a less frequent viewer before the tram crash. I made the decision in 2013 to stop watching completely, and I don't miss the show at all.

Home and Away: 1991-2009. I remember less about the early 90s than I do for Neighbours. I stopped watching in 2009 after Belle and Aden left, as the year long mystery wasn't good. The show got worse from then onwards, and I've only ever tuned in to random episodes since. Like HO, H&A has lost its heart and soul, morphing into a crime show with vapid teen romances on the side.

Days of our Lives: Late 1999-2002. The show was pretty good, but then it all fell apart. The years have not been kind to Days; it gets worse and worse as the years go by, not helped by all the budget cuts. It's a shadow of its former self.

Doctors: 2004-07. I've never been a regular viewer, only ever a casual viewer. This period was the best for the show in terms of storylines and interesting characters. Now, it's so dull and boring that forgetting to order stationary is highlight of an episode.

Sunset Beach: 1997-1999. Best. Soap. Ever!

Family Affairs: 2000-05.

One Life To Live: 2011-2012; 2013. This show became my US soap fix until it was cancelled. I watched its entire online series in 2013, which had a lot of promise. Shame budget and contract issues got in the way.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding myself going off them all to be honest. EE was the final one but it's not doing it for me anymore. :(
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE,HO, Neighbours and Home and Away

Seen bits of Emmerdale over past year after giving up on it, from what i've seen, it's good but i've got into the habit of watching hollyoaks at 7.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders......from the first episodes, yes.....I am that old..... and I listen to the Archers omnibus each Sunday morning.......the first I remember was Grace Archer's death.

Then there was the Appleyards, and Mrs. Dale's Diary......then when I was really small listening to Dan Dare on the radio with my Dad.

Oh I nearly forgot Summer Bay......Neighbours .......then Crossroads with Megan and her son Sandy and daughter (forget her name) and dear Benny with the woolly hat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Only Corrie.
  • Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch Neighbours and Hollyoaks. I used to watch EE but switched off ages ago (and I'm going down the same road with HO at the moment.)
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders - 1997 -- present
    Hollyoaks- 2007-2010
    Home & Away - 2010-2014

So at present EE is the only one I still watch.
  • MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only Corrie. Watched it religiously for about 18 months up until about a year ago when we had a load of problems moving in to a new flat so missed loads and never caught up. Just last night watched all five of last week's episodes in an effort to get back in to it, cos God I've missed it!
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I am a devoted follower of Eastenders (since 1989 continously), Corrie (since 1989 with about two years' break) and Hollyoaks (since 2004 with one year's break).
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Since 2003 when I gave up Eastenders, I now only watch Corrie. Back in the day I watched Corrie, EE, Neighbours, Home & Away, Elderado.... I don't know how people find the time to watch a lot of soaps - especially in the multi-channel age. I guess i've replaced the soaps with other shows.....

Corrie, Emmerdale and Neighbours. In days gone by I loved EE but that awful dead baby swap storyline put me off it completely. Loved Brookside in it's heyday (body under the patio) and used to also like Eldorado :blush:
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched a lot in my time, currently I watch Coronation Street Emmerdale and when I get bored I'll turn on neighbours. Now if you countly weekly soaps I can add a couple more like The Haves and the Have Nots, Empire and Scandal.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders

I used to watch Emmerdale Farm (when it was called Emmerdale Farm!) but I dont anymore

Never watched Coronation Street

I also watch Hollyoaks but Im not entirely convinced we can call that a soap anymore - its more like car crash tv on daily :D:p
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only watch Corrie now.

Was a big fan of Brookside, back in the day:D
    Not watched EE or ED for many years.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Coronation Street.

And Casualty if that counts as a soap.