New Superman Film :: Man of Steel

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It wasn't even in my conventional cinema, we had Bourne, Total Recall, Expendables 2, Dredd. And I think one other thing but I can't remember and it took me a while to remember Expendables and Dredd :)

was it the Ben stiller one
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That link doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where i can see this teaser? I'm guessing it's playing in front of TDKR at Imax only?
  • caspre12caspre12 Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    That link doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where i can see this teaser? I'm guessing it's playing in front of TDKR at Imax only?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOf-dmU-6EA
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caspre12 wrote: »

Not bad, not bad at all despite the crap quality of vid. Liked the music and the voiceover.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The proper quality one is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQoIwiLjI1o

Voice i'm guessing is Kevin Costner who plays his Dad.

Amazed they're rebooting again.. I guess anything is possible in Hollywood. I'm guessing that means the other reboot has been canned and we won't see any other films with that particular cast?
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will they still be using the John Williams music score?
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope it's getting a new score. And yea it was the watch witch was the other trailer on tdkr
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Nope it's getting a new score. And yea it was the watch witch was the other trailer on tdkr
    That's bad, Supeman won't be the same without the John Williams theme.:(
  • skinjim123skinjim123 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    no it isn't likely as hans zimmer is composing
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »

It's a completely new film arc so it won't feel like the old superman series anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Personally I feel they really need to get away from the ghost of the 70/80's Superman. It haunted Superman Returns and caused more harm than good to the character. I look back with deep fondness and love for Christopher Reeve's portrayal, and Richard Donner's achievement, but I want Superman to move on. However, like many of you here I hope that doesn't mean a step into dark territory.

So I'm hoping Hans Zimmer gives us a whole new take on the myth.
    Forum Member
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Personally I feel they really need to get away from the ghost of the 70/80's Superman. It haunted Superman Returns and caused more harm than good to the character. I look back with deep fondness and love for Christopher Reeve's portrayal, and Richard Donner's achievement, but I want Superman to move on. However, like many of you here I hope that doesn't mean a step into dark territory.

dont you mean zack snyder?
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »

The theme from the 80's Batman movies wasn't in The Dark Knight Trilogy, that didn't ruin anything, plus Zimmer did the soundtrack to those and the music was awesome.
    Kal_El wrote: »

I agree, Zack Snyder has stated he wants people to watch this film as if they are watching Superman for the first time, so losing the John Williams theme will bring more originality to this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    skinjim123 wrote: »
    dont you mean zack snyder?

Sorry, I was referring specifically to the soundtrack as per the post above me.
  • kinetic747kinetic747 Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another trailer doing the rounds, low quality unfortunately but more info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DoW5F64_Jg&feature=player_embedded#!
  • FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Shades of Malick and Zimmer's 'The Thin Red Line' collaboration by the feel of this movie; hazy shots, butterflies, dogs, landscapes, plus the score (as used in TTRL) and Snyder's touch for the action (the second fan-shot trailor on Youtube). Nolan will add a touch of the bleak and dark...cannot wait, looks very promising.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the feel to this movie
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer is worrying, as if having Snyder directing was worrying enough, with it's Batman Begins tone.
    Superman: Deadliest Catch? Don't think so.
    Flying with a jetstream even though he isn't propelled by jet engine. And Clark Kent with a beard!!!
    How is he going to shave?
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Comic Con trailer is so much better than the one shown at TDKR IMO. They should've shown that one.
  • FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    "The trailer is worrying, as if having Snyder directing was worrying enough, with it's Batman Begins tone."

I think these are the ingredients for comic-film gold.

"Superman: Deadliest Catch? Don't think so."

Humble family beginnings.

"Flying with a jetstream even though he isn't propelled by jet engine. And Clark Kent with a beard!!!"

Actually a contrail, caused by changes in air pressure and the suspension of water droplets in the atmosphere, as well as by jet exhausts. A beard, well, strewth.

"How is he going to shave?"

Eye lasers?
  • Stuart_RentonStuart_Renton Posts: 117
    Forum Member

Eye lasers?

That's how Clark did it in Lois and Clark and I thought that was perfectly acceptable :)
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kryptonite razor blades
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The trailer is worrying, as if having Snyder directing was worrying enough, with it's Batman Begins tone."

I think these are the ingredients for comic-film gold.

"Superman: Deadliest Catch? Don't think so."

Humble family beginnings.

"Flying with a jetstream even though he isn't propelled by jet engine. And Clark Kent with a beard!!!"

Actually a contrail, caused by changes in air pressure and the suspension of water droplets in the atmosphere, as well as by jet exhausts. A beard, well, strewth.

Eye lasers?

The tone of a Batman film wouldn't work for Superman. Superman is not dark. He's a beacon of hope.

Humble family beginnings?
    That would work except for him being brought up on a farm.

And eye lasers?
    Who's eye lasers? Unless he's got eyes that pop out that won't work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Kryptonite razor blades

That's going to give him a hell of a shaving rash.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell Crowe voice over of the 1st one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zld8i2mRxb0

I think it looks pretty good. I've never been to the cinema to see a superman film but I might go see this one. I think it needed to go dark and get a bit more gritty.. the more recent superman film was too cheesy and fluffy. A superman who could exist in the real world, who looks like a real bloke.. could work well imho.