Where you've seen the Fix Faxtor Finalists before!

amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Haven't seen this posted before, sorry if it has been.

"Simon Cowell says there are “no second chances” on his show. Yeah, right. The X Factor show is a second, third, fourth or fifth chance for any number of jobbing singers to achieve fame."

http://www.anorak.co.uk/261502/tv/the-x-factor-2010-where-youve-seen-the-fix-factor-finalists-before.html

Enjoy the panto, just don't vote! :)

Comments

• SelenaSelena Posts: 29,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry i'm voting for Matt and since his name isn't mentioned in the article why should that influence me not to vote?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good god almighty this just getting ridiculous
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Fed up with the fix? Lets show Simon and co who the real judges are - us!

Join this group
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=791364999&ref=profile#!/group.php?gid=120995547956809
    AND VOTE WAGNER
  • sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amanduh wrote: »
    Haven't seen this posted before, sorry if it has been.

"Simon Cowell says there are “no second chances” on his show. Yeah, right. The X Factor show is a second, third, fourth or fifth chance for any number of jobbing singers to achieve fame."

http://www.anorak.co.uk/261502/tv/the-x-factor-2010-where-youve-seen-the-fix-factor-finalists-before.html

Enjoy the panto, just don't vote! :)

Don't see the point , there have lots of "jobbing" singers in the past Steve Brookstein, Leona Lewis, Andy Abraham, Journey South etc etc etc
  • Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    It could be improved by being a winner's show. They'd ALL have to raise their game to win it if nowt else
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    So, your point is that some of the people involved have a history with music? So, your point being? There's nothing in the rules about that either. It doesn't make it a fix because somebody has done something in the past. These guys are battling to make it BIG, which none of them have previously done. These guys are trying to win a recording contract and probably a near on guranteed number one. Big difference.

This show isn't a fix, you're a fix.
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article's point is there are so many competitors with connections with the show/ Sony/ Louis/ Sharon/ Brian it's getting beyond a joke!
    The odd one or two making it to the finals is one thing, but for so many to have 'prior' is just taking the proverbial.
    Why don't they tell the truth about their experience and stop telling us they're receptionists/unemployed/painters and decorators/careworkers?

Hence me saying- enjoy the fun, just save your money. Don't even bother with the protest vote for Wagner ( :D ) - that's still money in Mr C's overcrowded pocket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this year is symptomatic of the fact that the UK isn't big enough to produce new talent for a show like XF & BGT for that matter year after year.

The producers have probably done a trawl around encouraging anyone they can find to apply & gain a place in the live finals. Hence the connections.

Katie W et al would probably have given XF a wide berth in the past whilst clinging to their dream but are taking the opportunity now.

The show really needs to take an extended break.
  • AvalancheAvalanche Posts: 2,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article's point is there are so many competitors with connections with the show/ Sony/ Louis/ Sharon/ Brian it's getting beyond a joke!
    The odd one or two making it to the finals is one thing, but for so many to have 'prior' is just taking the proverbial.
    Why don't they tell the truth about their experience and stop telling us they're receptionists/unemployed/painters and decorators/careworkers?

Hence me saying- enjoy the fun, just save your money. Don't even bother with the protest vote for Wagner ( :D ) - that's still money in Mr C's overcrowded pocket.

I'm not sure that is the point of the article. It doesn't make any suggestion that there's any link between most of the contestants mentioned and X-Factor/Sony/Louis etc. In fact, it only mentions Katie, Storm and Matt Newton (from FYD, I assume?) having links and we already knew that. The link between the other FYD guy and Simon is so tenuous it's ridiculous. It covers another seven contestants but doesn't suggest anything scandalous about them, it just points out that they've made obscure appearances in the media before. Which isn't really surprising for people looking to make it big in the music business.

It mostly seems like an excuse to post an X-Factor story, with saucy pictures of a Belle Amie girl to go with it. And gets half their names wrong in the process. I'm not sure this article is worth paying attention to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Waisell – aka Katie Vogel, star of a reality TV show Green Eyed World. You might have seen her on tour with Andy Abraham, the X Factor runner up; opening for East 17; and hanging out with Sharon Osbourne.

John Adeleye - He was once on the books of Universal–Island records. As J’Nay he won the Mobo Unsung prize for unsigned artists in 2003.

Sophia Wardman – now singing with (David) Belle Amie: She was a contestant on Channel 4 show Shipwrecked: Battle Of The Islands 2007. You might have spotted her at the Music Industry Soccer Six held at West Ham United Football Club in 2007. Or did you see her posing topless in a lads’ mag?

Genveva Lane (also in Belle Amie): She won a talent show based on the hit British TV show “The X Factor” called “The WOW Factor”. She recorded a pre-written and produced single for the winner called “I Believe”. The single was sold over the internet and played throughout the month of December on national radio.

Alex Murdoch (a singer in Simon Cowell’s made-for-telly band FYD): He was on Living TV’s Dirty Dancing – the same show that featured Britain’s Got Talent’s Tobias Meade. That show was judged by Kelly Brook, who was also a judge on… Anybody? Yep, Kelly was judge on Britain’s Got Talent, where she sat next to… Simon Cowell.

Alex was also an extra in a Harry Potter film and a film with Robert DeNiro.

Matt Newton: Backing singer for Alexandra Burke and Joe McElderry, both X Factor winners.

Kalvin Lamley: A contestant on the BBC’s dance show Dance X.

Mary Byrne: She won TG4 Irish TV singing contest Nollaig No 1 – which means Christmas number one.

Storm Lee: Has worked with stars including Ozzy Osbourne, Meat Loaf and American Idol success stories Clay Aiken and Carrie Underwood. Yep, that’s the show Simon Cowell used to judge on.

Treyc Cohen is a signed artist with a recording contract and a record out.

If it's all so innocent and there's nothing wrong, why the subterfuge? Why not let the public in on what the judges surely know beforehand?

To quote Stu Perry who co-wrote Treyc’s debut single as a professional artiste called A Time To Be Heard:

“It’s a total fraud. The X Factor is making it seem like Treyc’s coming from nowhere and desperately trying to make it big. But she’s already in the system, with a management deal and a record on release. They’re trying to hush it up.”

“It’s a sham. The public are paying money on votes. They don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't think any of it matters. X-Factor is a show for people trying to make it big in the music industry. None of the acts have managed to do that so far so they're all eligible. Treyc may have recorded a single and a girl from Belle Amie may have won a talent show in Spain and John may have won a MOBO but none of it's got them anywhere, has it?

They're all people who've been unsuccessful in the music business. That's who the show is for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avalanche wrote: »
    I just don't think any of it matters. X-Factor is a show for people trying to make it big in the music industry. None of the acts have managed to do that so far so they're all eligible. Treyc may have recorded a single and a girl from Belle Amie may have won a talent show in Spain and John may have won a MOBO but none of it's got them anywhere, has it?

They're all people who've been unsuccessful in the music business. That's who the show is for.

So why not come straight out and say that and don't make out they're unheard of 'receptionists' just waiting for their first break? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why not come straight out and say that and don't make out they're 'receptionists'! :)

Because the overwhelming majority of viewers like the idea that Matt is really a painter. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So why not come straight out and say that and don't make out they're unheard of 'receptionists' just waiting for their first break? :)

I guess it's just to make 'cleaner' TV. It's been clear for years that they deliberately try to package these people with easy labels and soundbites - the binman, the receptionist, the painter etc - and that makes sense, in TV terms. They need to make them easy to remember and identify and that means keeping it simple. It'd make for very dry and tedious TV if they stopped to reel off a contestant's professional history every time we see an audition. The way they handle it makes sense and I doubt I'd do it any differently if I were an X-Factor producer.

It'd be a problem if they were keeping things from us that make a difference but they're not. It's all irrelevant to the matter at hand, which is 'who's got the X-Factor?'. A rundown of their various attempts to make it on their own doesn't answer that question.

The only possible exception to that is Katie, purely because she was still in her record deal when she auditioned. That's against the rules of the show so it's relevant to her time on the show. I think you could make a fair argument that they should have tackled the subject of her record deal openly on the show. It would've been crap TV probably, but it was relevant. In the end, though, it isn't a particularly big deal and makes no real difference to us as viewers so I can't say it bothers me that they glossed over it.
  • jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose that, while they are looking for someone new, ultimately they need cannon fodder to fill the spots in a bad year. At least professionals are used to this kind of thing and know how to behave.. Ultimately if a contestant is any good, they will get votes, regardless of their history.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me- I think Mr C could have made a great show out of these nearly there but not quites (What a great name for a show!! ;) ) and allowing the public to choose their favourite (assuming the voting is for real of course??) instead of trying to make out X Factor is a genuine search for a star plucked from obscurity/Tescos.
    I don't think any of us would be quite so understanding had it been our sons or daughters whose hopes had been dashed by numerous ringers already known in the biz and even with exisitng recording contracts like Katie and Treyc.

I get the impression that at last the GBP have cottoned on to how much it's staged and can only hope it means they won't waste their money voting. The show can still get revenue from advertising, Mr C can still make his billions from showcasing his chosen one and we all have something to watch at the weekends whilst holding on to our hard earnt pennies. All they need to do then is cancel the sham audition stage, and everyone knows where they stand. :)
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    So, your point is that some of the people involved have a history with music? So, your point being? There's nothing in the rules about that either. It doesn't make it a fix because somebody has done something in the past. These guys are battling to make it BIG, which none of them have previously done. These guys are trying to win a recording contract and probably a near on guranteed number one. Big difference.

This show isn't a fix, you're a fix.

Well it must be an enormous coincidence that out of all the hunreds of thousands of people who audition for the show, the 16 we end up with nearly all have links with Cowell and other people connected with him.

Thats one bloody BIG coincidence.

The show is a pathetic sham.