Lets see Paloma...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... try and throw alex under the bus, he saved his arse with that tv commercial.

Comments

• wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she really is an obnoxious bitch.. very rude
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup, she doesn't even push actual errors, she just makes personal attacks.
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eta to luna landing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse than vile Katie Hopkins

Who would hire her after this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    I knew her card was marked....SrAlan doesn't like gobby bullies...still would though!
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Paloma and sorry to see her out. Alex should have been fired. I watched the interview with Paloma on BBC 2 afterwards. She came across really well.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I watched the interview with Paloma on BBC 2 afterwards. She came across really well.

She had been media-trained to the hilt for her appearance on You're Fired, it was obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lord Alan made the right decision to fire her but she is still a very capable woman and I have no doubt she has a great future ahead of her. On You're Fired she came across very well - they often do, having had a few weeks or even months to think about it, also the pressure is off. We must remember how the series is edited so that everyone's bad bits and (even worse) silly bits are shown, sometimes they are endearing but not always and not in Paloma's case.

I must say Paloma looked like a very aristocratic beauty on You're Fired tonight. I hope she does well in all sorts of ways. When she was put on the spot about lying about Sandeesh (from previous task), I honestly thought she had genuinely forgotten her off the cuff remark she had made in the car about Sandeesh and would have said that, but it appears she hadn't forgotten, just couldn't bring herself to admit it in the boardroom. So she was honest at the last and she didn't need to be really, we would have believed her had she said she had forgotten that bit.

Interesting tonight. Great entertainment too. Can't wait for next week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Paloma shouldn't have been fired. She did her task as well as she could. It was the wrong clothes, but I am not sure what the alternatives were. She has a lot more personality than any of them. The way Stella answered the phone was not very civil. I havent yet seen any kind of 'brilliance' from the girls.
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lord Alan made the right decision to fire her but she is still a very capable woman and I have no doubt she has a great future ahead of her. On You're Fired she came across very well - they often do, having had a few weeks or even months to think about it, also the pressure is off. We must remember how the series is edited so that everyone's bad bits and (even worse) silly bits are shown, sometimes they are endearing but not always and not in Paloma's case.
    i think they were being very generous to her on YF which was interesting to watch in it self.

i think she proved that she is manipulative, dishonest and has no loyalty . its that underlying nastiness , the inability to own up to her own shortcomings - failings and the readiness to go for the jugular when she had no place to.
    I must say Paloma looked like a very aristocratic beauty on You're Fired tonight.
    is looking nice now a criteria for alan to judge his victims?
    I hope she does well in all sorts of ways. When she was put on the spot about lying about Sandeesh (from previous task), I honestly thought she had genuinely forgotten her off the cuff remark she had made in the car about Sandeesh and would have said that, but it appears she hadn't forgotten, just couldn't bring herself to admit it in the boardroom.
    no she hadnt forgotten she thought it wouldnt be brought up. it wasnt off the cuff, she is pretty manipulative and forward thinking strategically to cover her backside. think of her as nasty nick from BB fame.
    So she was honest at the last and she didn't need to be really, we would have believed her had she said she had forgotten that bit.
    no you are wrong we wouldnt have believed her and from her position she had no choice but to admit it.

her purpose in YF was to appear normal and conciliatory and eat humble pie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should have stayed, she had a great business mind and was very clever. Yes she was too verbal at times but reminded of me of debra last series. Sugar should have given her a warning like he did Debra and fired Alex. She had so much to give and to improve on but Alex is just embarassing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    i think they were being very generous to her on YF which was interesting to watch in it self.

i think she proved that she is manipulative, dishonest and has no loyalty . its that underlying nastiness , the inability to own up to her own shortcomings - failings and the readiness to go for the jugular when she had no place to.

is looking nice now a criteria for alan to judge his victims?

no she hadnt forgotten she thought it wouldnt be brought up. it wasnt off the cuff, she is pretty manipulative and forward thinking strategically to cover her backside. think of her as nasty nick from BB fame.

no you are wrong we wouldnt have believed her and from her position she had no choice but to admit it.

her purpose in YF was to appear normal and conciliatory and eat humble pie.

Your repeating yourself an awful lot. People are allowed there own opinions you know, so you don't need to tell people NO for everything they say.
  • totalwisetotalwise Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, how could a woman who seems to have an eye for fashion think it was possible to shift clothes made from used throwaway clothes for £300+

I don't know what planet they were on.

And the woman who actually bought the long dress made from ties... wow.. what a lucky sale, it was a strange one because she didn't even look like she liked the dress, she even mocked it once for being like a blanket, when her daughter wrapped herself around it..

Surely a fix?? Chris' cousin maybe?
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    parthy wrote: »
    She had been media-trained to the hilt for her appearance on You're Fired, it was obvious.

That obviously applies to all of them, no?
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    That obviously applies to all of them, no?

My reply was in response to someone saying how well she came across compared to the show.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    parthy wrote: »
    My reply was in response to someone saying how well she came across compared to the show.

Fair enough. :) In which case you have a point! Still think it applies to the lot of 'em.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »

I don't know if it's because Adrian Chiles has left but they're being too soft on the candidates compared to previous series. I do think Dara plays a main part in this considering his comedic roots. I do like Dara but just wish he could be more critical instead of just playing it for laughs. Same thing happened last week with Melissa. And yes this week especially, Paloma had certainly been 'media trained' to put it ever so mildly! You could tell a mile off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I don't know if it's because Adrian Chiles has left but they're being too soft on the candidates compared to previous series. I do think Dara plays a main part in this considering his comedic roots. I do like Dara but just wish he could be more critical instead of just playing it for laughs. Same thing happened last week with Melissa.

Well, if Michelle "Bra Woman" Mone had been on there tonight, they wouldn't have had it easy...;)

I actually prefer Dara's style. The whole purpose of YF is really to get a good laugh at what happened and for the candidate to reflect on it in a soft and light-hearted way - not to inflict some kind of punishment on them. After all, they've already been humilated on national TV. :rolleyes:
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wends1502 wrote: »
    she really is an obnoxious bitch.. very rude

Not as rude as some though. I never heard her call anyone an obnoxious bitch.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if Michelle "Bra Woman" Mone had been on there tonight, they wouldn't have had it easy...;)

I actually prefer Dara's style. The whole purpose of YF is really to get a good laugh at what happened and for the candidate to reflect on it in a soft and light-hearted way - not to inflict some kind of punishment on them. After all, they've already been humilated on national TV. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm not saying they should be 'punished'. Those are your words, not mine. I do think they get off very lightly for behaviour which is unexcusable.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    worpler wrote: »
    I knew her card was marked....SrAlan doesn't like gobby bullies...still would though!

He must hate himself then :p
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I don't see how Paloma gets all that blame.

I thought it was very telling that in the car with Alex, Laura and Chris were saying that Paloma was trying to pin the blame on him for the promotional stand if it goes wrong.

But when the two of them were trying to find it, all they were saying was how much Alex was a total fool and has messed up big-time. Hypocrites! The very thing they accused Paloma of intending to do, in the back of their minds they were clearly ready to do it to. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how Paloma gets all that blame.

I thought it was very telling that in the car with Alex, Laura and Chris were saying that Paloma was trying to pin the blame on him for the promotional stand if it goes wrong.

But when the two of them were trying to find it, all they were saying was how much Alex was a total fool and has messed up big-time. Hypocrites! The very thing they accused Paloma of intending to do, in the back of their minds they were clearly ready to do it to. :D

To be fair on the task it self she might have been marginally less to blame for it failing than Alex, though I don't think enough was made of how her sub team handled the sparkly designer and the subsequent loss of representation.

In the end though she was fired for her behaviour in the board room.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad she's gone. What a vile manipulative bully.

Everything she said was so ungenuine. I could see straight through her when she turned round near the beginning of the episode and said she was really glad to have Alex on her team because he knows the area etc. What she was really saying was : I'm so glad I can blame everything on Alex when things go wrong.
    From that point on she did exactly that. She made sure Alex decided the promotional spot and rang him to have it announced in front of others that he decided it. She tried to say Laura set up the promotional video. She was rude to him throughout.

She was a nasty evil manipulative bitch. I hated her and I hate bullies like her in workplaces.

Alex has been consistent and sensible throughout the tasks so far. He made good points in regards to Melissa dragging her heels, without being rude to her. He made good points about the shop looking empty, without being rude. And he was proactive about it.
  • jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the fact she was honest - yes brutally honest. Lord Sugar is rude and unpleasant in the boardroom and is allowed to be. But if the candidate speaks their mind and it is rude she has to go. I liked the fact with Sandeesh she said that she brought her in the boardroom not for this task but for other tasks and Lord Sugar attacked her for it - but what was she supposed to do? Don't forget Paloma took most of the sales and lead the team really well.

He should have given her a stern warning and then said it is her final chance. She was no worse than many other people in the boadroom.