Katie Hopkins

Comments

• Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having harboured a strong disdain towards Peaches for many years, gotta say I'm impressed. Kid turned out alright.

At no point did I detect any passive aggression from her, or criticism against others, only defence of her own choices. The Cot Death comments have been taken the wrong way by some, again at no point did she criticise others, she just pointed out why Cot Death received it's name, probably in anticipation of the issue of overlaying being brought up by that troll faced harpie sitting next to her. Whichever practise you choose there are potential dangers, it's up to you to weigh up the pros and cons and decide how you want to do things, is essentially what she was saying. Where is the issue with that?

Peaches was also spot on calling Katies' responses meaningless - she's like a effing Parrot just reeling off catchphrases, tragic thing is she thinks she's being witty and clever when in reality she just sounds like a moron.

Peaches vs Katie Hopkins should be it's own show.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually she said the name given "COT death" with emphasis given to "COT"!!! no name for co-sleeping deaths, this however is because those deaths are caused by the parents either rolling over the child OR the child sliding bellow the sheets, covers or between pillows!! who in their right mind is going to deny these instances happen, and how can she/they be so flippant and ignore them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually she said the name given "COT death" with emphasis given to "COT"!!! no name for co-sleeping deaths, this however is because those deaths are caused by the parents either rolling over the child OR the child sliding bellow the sheets, covers or between pillows!! who in their right mind is going to deny these instances happen, and how can she/they be so flippant and ignore them.

Speaking of ignoring things, I feel I've got to repeat my post of Nov 14th for your benefit.
    It can be termed 'overlaying' and the only time I've read about babies dying from it is when the parents have lain with the child in bed or on a sofa, been drunk or off their faces on drugs and rolled over on the child and suffocated them. My daughter and her partner took their nine-month old son into bed with them for an hour the other night, and they were both extremely aware of him being there and there was no danger of overlaying.

Peaches is perfectly qualified to talk about AP as she's actually doing it. KH on the other hand makes a living being controversial and acting the professional troll.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Just rewatching her series of Im A Celeb, found Janice Dickinson's response to her entering the camp hilarious!

Something along the lines of "If she starts I'll slap her" someone get Janice on This Morning vs Katie xD
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member

I read that with amazement,Peaches used to annoy me with her wild child antics but she has settled down really well and I didn't think she had it in her to take on Hopkins and do so well.

Not mincing her words either, give that girl a resounding cheer, well done Peaches and not before time for the Hopkins woman to get her comeuppance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I read that with amazement,Peaches used to annoy me with her wild child antics but she has settled down really well and I didn't think she had it in her to take on Hopkins and do so well.

Not mincing her words either, give that girl a resounding cheer, well done Peaches and not before time for the Hopkins woman to get her comeuppance.

Yes, like all bullies Hopkins can dish it out, but she can't take it.

The pic of her with Peaches was hilarious. I've never seen 'I've been given a good drubbing' written so clearly on anyone's face before. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of ignoring things, I feel I've got to repeat my post of Nov 14th for your benefit.

I don't give a TOSS about how she decides to parent her own kids, I care not for her OR her family, FOR ME I would have had more interest in listening to a parent who had used the method for YEARS not 2 short years. She is NOT qualified to discuss cot death, she has NO experience of it Ann Diamond has spent YEARS campaigning and educating on the subject of with SHE IS MOST QUALIFIED!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't give a TOSS about how she decides to parent her own kids, I care not for her OR her family, FOR ME I would have had more interest in listening to a parent who had used the method for YEARS not 2 short years. She is NOT qualified to discuss cot death, she has NO experience of it Ann Diamond has spent YEARS campaigning and educating on the subject of with SHE IS MOST QUALIFIED!!!!!

Oh, give over. :rolleyes:

You're coming across as unhinged now.

And the exclamation marks are back I see, along with upper case, which is shouting and rude. :mad:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Hopkins fades away into obscurity soon. I think she's a right smarmy and arrogant bitch.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How can anyone use attachment parenting for years? Should we be carrying teenagers around in slings? Co sleeping starts coming to a natural end at about 3 years old, as toddlers begin to want independence.

Fair enough if she'd only been doing it 2 weeks, but I'd say 2 years, with 2 kids, makes her quite an expert on the subject of attachment parenting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    How can anyone use attachment parenting for years? Should we be carrying teenagers around in slings? Co sleeping starts coming to a natural end at about 3 years old, as toddlers begin to want independence.

Fair enough if she'd only been doing it 2 weeks, but I'd say 2 years, with 2 kids, makes her quite an expert on the subject of attachment parenting.

Exactly. I'd say it's only rare cases where the mother still sleeps in the same bed as their child past 3 years.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Exactly. I'd say it's only rare cases where the mother still sleeps in the same bed as their child past 3 years.

It seems to fit with the natural development of the child...Katie on the other hand says childbirth is unemotional and going back to work within two weeks should be normal.

I have never really been a fan of Peaches but she is doing well and Katie calling her a brat is redundant because it is obvious that Peaches has a very famous father. But she has also had tragedy at a very young age, she looked like she was heading down the same road as Paula, but she didn't and has grown up. She may not have worked but Fifi Trixabelle has chosen a life out of the limelight.. If Tiger Lily grows up to be a well adjusted woman, we will see that her sisters and their father have done a great job bringing her up.
  • FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anne Diamond very famously shared a specially built bed with ALL of her children long past their babyhood. It was one reason her husband gave for divorcing her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Absolutely horrid women, shouldn't be asked back on This Morning like she is.
    She makes mean and vile comments about everyone including children who cannot defend themselves as she thinks this is the way to gain publicity after a short stint on The Apprentice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    Anne Diamond very famously shared a specially built bed with ALL of her children long past their babyhood. It was one reason her husband gave for divorcing her.

Ann Diamond also lost a child to cot death, more experienced to talk on issue than Peaches flippant comment.
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »

I think the argument is that there is no way that Peaches can state categorically that AP is the perfect way to raise children when her babies are both under three and there is no way yet to say if being glued to mommy for X number of years has affected them either positively or negatively.
    Personally I feel there is a middle road to take where mothers can be in tune to their babies needs and express love and devotion without the 24 hr attachment and without the clear cold-heartedness KH exhibits regarding even her own children.
    Peaches children might become serial killers or they might become scientists discovering cures for diseases.Or they might just be ordinary basic adults . There is no way of judging her method as yet .
    The book I'm reading at present is the true story of a serial killer who constantly whines how his mommy and daddy neglected his psychological needs as a child, but one I read previously on yet another serial killer involved the killer claiming his mommy and daddy were TOO clinging and smothered him so much that he considered himself centre of the universe with a sense that anything he did was fine and dandy. YES, I know talking serial killers is extreme,but you get the gist.
    My point is that Peaches cannot know if her AP way is best.
    But Hopkins way def is not best in my opinion,far too cold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    It seems to fit with the natural development of the child...Katie on the other hand says childbirth is unemotional and going back to work within two weeks should be normal.

I have never really been a fan of Peaches but she is doing well and Katie calling her a brat is redundant because it is obvious that Peaches has a very famous father. But she has also had tragedy at a very young age, she looked like she was heading down the same road as Paula, but she didn't and has grown up. She may not have worked but Fifi Trixabelle has chosen a life out of the limelight.. If Tiger Lily grows up to be a well adjusted woman, we will see that her sisters and their father have done a great job bringing her up.

I'd imagine there'd be loads of women who'd say that she was talking utter rubbish in their cases. Hopkins is just someone who has a big gob on them and comes across as being very smarmy and arrogant when they get challenged on what they say. Her being controversial must be what she's doing for work now.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shizuku wrote: »
    Having harboured a strong disdain towards Peaches for many years, gotta say I'm impressed. Kid turned out alright.

At no point did I detect any passive aggression from her, or criticism against others, only defence of her own choices. The Cot Death comments have been taken the wrong way by some, again at no point did she criticise others, she just pointed out why Cot Death received it's name, probably in anticipation of the issue of overlaying being brought up by that troll faced harpie sitting next to her. Whichever practise you choose there are potential dangers, it's up to you to weigh up the pros and cons and decide how you want to do things, is essentially what she was saying. Where is the issue with that?

Peaches was also spot on calling Katies' responses meaningless - she's like a effing Parrot just reeling off catchphrases, tragic thing is she thinks she's being witty and clever when in reality she just sounds like a moron.

Peaches vs Katie Hopkins should be it's own show.

Bless this post!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann Diamond also lost a child to cot death, more experienced to talk on issue than Peaches flippant comment.

The subject wasn't cot death though, it was attachment parenting. If they'd been talking about cot death, no doubt Ms Diamond would have been asked on the show.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    I think the argument is that there is no way that Peaches can state categorically that AP is the perfect way to raise children when her babies are both under three and there is no way yet to say if being glued to mommy for X number of years has affected them either positively or negatively.
    Personally I feel there is a middle road to take where mothers can be in tune to their babies needs and express love and devotion without the 24 hr attachment and without the clear cold-heartedness KH exhibits regarding even her own children.
    Peaches children might become serial killers or they might become scientists discovering cures for diseases.Or they might just be ordinary basic adults . There is no way of judging her method as yet .
    The book I'm reading at present is the true story of a serial killer who constantly whines how his mommy and daddy neglected his psychological needs as a child, but one I read previously on yet another serial killer involved the killer claiming his mommy and daddy were TOO clinging and smothered him so much that he considered himself centre of the universe with a sense that anything he did was fine and dandy. YES, I know talking serial killers is extreme,but you get the gist.
    My point is that Peaches cannot know if her AP way is best.
    But Hopkins way def is not best in my opinion,far too cold.

Fair enough, none of us know until our kids are adults if our parenting methods work - all we can do is raise our children in the best way for us and with love. I would never judge anyone's parenting style as long as the children were loved and well cared for, and brought up to be decent human beings. There are a variety of different ways to achieve that.

Katie Hopkins however appears to judge everyone else by her own methods, and finds all others wanting. She is scathing towards any parenting style that does not involve both parents working full time, deny their children birthday parties and attendance at important events and refuse to make children the centre of their lives. Only time will tell how her brood turn out as a result.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »

And to be honest I've never heard Katie express contempt for any stay at home mother, I feel that is the argument you write for her. She expresses contempt for the stay at home mothers who wear their stay at home status as a badge of pride over those who choose to work... or those who expect somebody else to pay for them to stay at home. I mean she's obviously a Tory as such she's all about being able to make your own choices as long as you take complete responsibility for it.

She has said stay at home mothers are lazy, their brains have turned to mush. A few weeks ago she attacked School gate mums, saying they cannot discuss anything deeper than spaghetti hoops or which brand of socks stay up best.

If a man had made these statements they'd never work in TV again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed so many of you are so outraged at what she has to say. Surely 90% of the general public know she's a troll but it's the 10% including members in here that respond to her, post on newspaper article sections, which not only gives her the attention she craves but also money! That's why she constantly appears in newspapers, they pay her money, she trolls the public, the public respond, the newspaper gets money, they ask for her back and the cycle continues!
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She said that ages ago. The article is from July.
This discussion has been closed.