What Would You Like Zoe To Ask the Celebs?

SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
Forum Member
✭✭
I think this thread was created before, but I often wonder do people have the same eh? feeling when watching ITT that Zoe seemed rushed for time and oftentimes (not so much this week) asked bog standard inconsequential questions to the celebs and pros she had on the sofa?

The template often goes like this:

Zoe (to celeb): Saturday night was amazing, everyone loves you (or my household gave you standing ovation), how do you think Saturday went?

Zoe (to pro): Are you proud of your partner for what he/she achieved on Saturday, what do you think of judge A or B comments?

or variation to second question, Zoe (to the couple): The internet is filled with love and support, for example xxx says, "Well done! blah blah blah..."

Zoe (to both): So this week you are dancing *type of dance*, how's training going so far?

or variation if later in the week, Zoe (to both): The music you've chosen for the dance is superb (they always are) *cue in music*, how do you like to dance to this track?

Then invariably some VTs would be shown (often nothing about training but about some funny incidents or made up perfume ad or toiletteries that no one can buy).

Then good luck and tadah! "Let's give it up for, so and so!" (studio audience clapped).

Now, what and how should Zoe vary her questions, because I am sure many of you, though you probably are enjoying ITT by and large, must have many questions in your head that you want Zoe to ask the celebs or pros?

Share it here!:)

Comments

• PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For starters:

Did Pasha find Rachel boring?.

Does Kristina fancy Ben?

How does Sophie feel with Brenda touching her?
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For starters:

Did Pasha find Rachel boring?.

Does Kristina fancy Ben?

How does Sophie feel with Brenda touching her?

That's a start! Yeah, good questions! :D Zoe will be too chicken to ask the first and second one, though if she asked them with humour she might get away with it! :D
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a start! Yeah, good questions! :D Zoe will be too chicken to ask the first and second one, though if she asked them with humour she might get away with it! :D
    D'you think Zoe would havethe nerve to askthe third one ..?

Realised after I'd posted that Pasha's not a celeb.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish the producer wouldn't deliberately give her questions to ask, that could lead to one of the professionals criticising the judges.
    I think they do this just to cause controversy which there's a chance that it might get seized on by the press.

She asked Artem at least three questions that could have led to this, but he didn't fall for it, he was very diplomatic. If they want to engage in that nonsense, ask the celebrities, they aren't relying on keeping in the BBC's "good books" for continued employment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D'you think Zoe would havethe nerve to askthe third one ..?

Realised after I'd posted that Pasha's not a celeb.

Actually she could say Sophie's husband was a little precious when he was in the studio and Brenda spooned him, perhaps from there she could cheekily ask Sophie how she felt when doing close body contact, was her hubby a greeneye monster in a humourous way, I don't know she might get away with it! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish the producer wouldn't deliberately give her questions to ask, that could lead to one of the professionals criticising the judges.
    I think they do this just to cause controversy which there's a chance that it might get seized on by the press.

She asked Artem at least three questions that could have led to this, but he didn't fall for it, he was very diplomatic. If they want to engage in that nonsense, ask the celebrities, they aren't relying on keeping in the BBC's "good books" for continued employment.

Actually controversy is alright. I thought Artem kind of answered it as honestly as he could while still staying on the right side of tact thus far...
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you say, SCD-O, Zoe has actually asked some challenging questions this week, which has been a pleasant surprise, mainly about the choreography controversies. :cool:

The main thing that bugs me, and this year has driven me batty, is the many atrocious music selections week after week, especially ruining the Pasos and Tangos. :(

They've already been on this week, but I'd have liked her to ask Anton & Fiona:
    "So you're dancing the Paso this week? How do you feel about a Heavy Rock track being given to 2 middle-aged people when you could have had Dave Arch and his Orchestra playing "Grenada" or some other far more appropriate Spanish Paso tune that would've helped you learn the steps and style far better and keep in time as the rhythm would've been more suitable and enjoyable to dance to?"

And finally establish exactly WHO chooses the music in each case?
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ask all the professionals for just one basic step their celebrity is struggling with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like Zoe to ask some quick fire questions to celebs or pros, and say they can't or don't have the time to think of a diplomatic answer.

Like Zoe's 30 seconds Six Q&A quick fire round on one couple each week:

(1) Favourite Dance So Far?

(2) (to celeb) Pro's favourite word? / (to pro) Celeb's annoying habit?

(4) Partner in crime backstage (outside their partnership)?

(5) Judges favourite comments so far?

(6) Brucie's daftest jokes?

etc..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    As you say, SCD-O, Zoe has actually asked some challenging questions this week, which has been a pleasant surprise, mainly about the choreography controversies. :cool:

The main thing that bugs me, and this year has driven me batty, is the many atrocious music selections week after week, especially ruining the Pasos and Tangos. :(

"So you're dancing the Paso this week? How do you feel about a Heavy Rock track being given to 2 middle-aged people when you could have had Dave Arch and his Orchestra playing "Grenada" or some other far more appropriate Spanish Paso tune that would've helped you learn the steps and style far better and keep in time as the rhythm would've been more suitable and enjoyable to dance to?"

Yeah, I am dying to know who chose the music too? Can't be the pros, a lot of music are either recycled or plain daft. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like Zoe to ask some quick fire questions to celebs or pros, and say they can't or don't have the time to think of a diplomatic answer.

Like Zoe's 30 seconds Six Q&A quick fire round on one couple each week:

(1) Favourite Dance So Far?

(2) (to celeb) Pro's favourite word? / (to pro) Celeb's annoying habit?

(4) Partner in crime backstage (outside their partnership)?

(5) Judges favourite comments so far?

(6) Brucie's daftest jokes?

etc..

I'd like to see that too, would be far more interesting and entertaining than the dog mystically choosing this week's potential winner! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La Rhumba wrote: »

Unfortunately, there's no "right person" to ask.

What we really need is for the producer to be on the show.

Then Zoe can ask them. "Who chooses the music and why is some of it crap and some totally unsuitable for the dances chosen?"

Then they could reply (honestly).

"Well, I choose the music, what I look for is the sort of music which will drag as many people away from watching X-Factor. In that I've been highly successful as evidenced by the ratings, so any other consideration is of little significance compared with that."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, there's no "right person" to ask.

What we really need is for the producer to be on the show.

Then Zoe can ask them. "Who chooses the music and why is some of it crap and some totally unsuitable for the dances chosen?"

Then they could reply (honestly).

"Well, I choose the music, what I look for is the sort of music which will drag as many people away from watching X-Factor. In that I've been highly successful as evidenced by the ratings, so any other consideration is of little significance compared with that."

Good suggestion! :cool: Then Zoe could reply:
    "But many of the chosen music tracks work to the detriment of the dancing, and although it may not be the Dance Sport World Championships 2013, the majority of viewers loyal to the show since 2004, watch FOR THE DANCING!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's about the actual questions, more that she doesn't respond to what they actually say, she just moves on to the next question in her script. And she interrupts them all the time and anticipates what they're going to say.

So less interrupting and more follow-up questions based on what they said rather than a script would be good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    I don't think it's about the actual questions, more that she doesn't respond to what they actually say, she just moves on to the next question in her script. And she interrupts them all the time and anticipates what they're going to say.

So less interrupting and more follow-up questions based on what they said rather than a script would be good.

There won't be any follow-up questions based on their answers, as they won't be on her cards and anyway there isn't the time before she asks the next one on her list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There won't be any follow-up questions based on their answers, as they won't be on her cards and anyway there isn't the time before she asks the next one on her list.

Yeah, I sensed she just moves on because those numpties in her ear piece say, right, VT coming in ten, nine, eight...
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who really chose this inappropriate music?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who really chose this inappropriate music?

"Hobson."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe (to Natalie): Was John Borrowman an ar*se or a t*t, or is he's a kn*b?
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have noticed on DWTS they have changed things a little on show night so that Brooke can ask couples slightly more open questions pre- dance instead of rather closed ones afterwards. I think there's an imbalance on ITT where too much time is spent discussing the week before, a little is OK but the majority should IMO be focused on the week in hand.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like Zoe to give the pro and celeb little artist-model dummies and ask them to point out:

a) their best bit
    b) their partner's best bit
    c) for the celeb... The bit that hurts most after training
    d) for the Pro... The bit that their partner needs to work on
    e) for the Pro... Pose the dummy in the position you want your celeb to master... Celeb is given time to explain their difficulty / experience... Pro suggests solution... They get up and try it... Zoe has been silent for minutes and minutes
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    I have noticed on DWTS they have changed things a little on show night so that Brooke can ask couples slightly more open questions pre- dance instead of rather closed ones afterwards. I think there's an imbalance on ITT where too much time is spent discussing the week before, a little is OK but the majority should IMO be focused on the week in hand.

That's a good observation. Some open questions would be the way to go. You'd get something individually characteristic back again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I just want Zoe to be able to go off-script and be spontaneous, in the way that Claudia is in the Tesspit, and ask questions about what has just been seen or said. I would also like her to ask questions specific to the celeb/pro sat in front of her. If a judge has said something controversial about a celeb, for example, I would like her to ask about that rather than a general 'how did it feel' or did you enjoy it'. She asks questions that can't possibly elicit anything other than a polite, uninteresting repsonse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe to Susanna this week: What do you find most difficult about your ballroom dances, esp now that you are doing a waltz?

Zoe to Kevin: Is Susanna a difficult student? If so, how? Is she bossy, controlling? *and watches Kevin squirm*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echad wrote: »

I just want Zoe to be able to go off-script and be spontaneous, in the way that Claudia is in the Tesspit, and ask questions about what has just been seen or said. I would also like her to ask questions specific to the celeb/pro sat in front of her. If a judge has said something controversial about a celeb, for example, I would like her to ask about that rather than a general 'how did it feel' or did you enjoy it'. She asks questions that can't possibly elicit anything other than a polite, uninteresting repsonse.

Both of these.

I'm so bored with her asking Susanna about her early starts and family committments. Similarly with Ashley it's all about the long work hours, baby etc. Change the record!!