33 years ago since John Lennon passed away.

MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As my thread title suggests it is 33 years ago this very day since our John was taken from us before his time.:( I suppose I started this thread just to think of him today and I invite other DS-ers to share their memories of the man.:)

Comments

• eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9 years for Dimebag Darrell as well.

As a music fan, it's a sad day to lose two greats on the same day. Been playing both their music today.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I remember the day well. I went down into Boots and bought the latest album the next day.
    Ironic the hit single of the time was 'Starting Over'. I always thought that album was quite mellow and that John was about to take a different direction. Who knows?

Lennon for me was the smart Beatle, the funny Beatle, the radical Beatle...the one most worth listening too. But I had spent more time listening to Paul (Wings) and George (All Things Must Pass) during the early 70s. I had to rediscover all Lennon's albums later borrowing them from the record library all in one go.

I don't know how Lennon would have dealt with becoming the elder statesman of pop. Would he have been like Macca? Or disappeared like Ringo?