Cristiano Ronaldo and the lad he befriended

CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So much depressing news at the moment - so for once here's a story to make you feel good. What an amazing little survivor Martunis is and all credit to Cristiano for hanging on in there and offering long term support over the years.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/02/miracle-tsunami-survivor-martunis-joins-cristiano-ronaldos-former-team-sporting-lisbon-5276090/

Comments

• FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    What a lovely story:)
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I know Ronaldo gets a lot of bad press about his attitude etc, but I honestly think he has a heart of gold deep down. He is very driven and determined which doesn't always look great when he was one of his strops, but he seems like such a lovely man to me.
  • HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair he does seem like a great guy, a quick google search will show he's done lots and lots of things like this, and not one of his former teammates has a bad word to say about him.

He can be petulant on the pitch, but off it he seems like a genuine bloke and if only more footballers were like him.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogeyz wrote: »
    To be fair he does seem like a great guy, a quick google search will show he's done lots and lots of things like this, and not one of his former teammates has a bad word to say about him.

He can be petulant on the pitch, but off it he seems like a genuine bloke and if only more footballers were like him.

He's one of the few big names to speak up in support of the Palestinians.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonderful news. Cheered me up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Just because he didn't like being in broken Britain he got loads of bad press.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Ronaldo gets a lot of bad press about his attitude etc, but I honestly think he has a heart of gold deep down. He is very driven and determined which doesn't always look great when he was one of his strops, but he seems like such a lovely man to me.

I agree. I've gone full circle on him recently. I had him pegged as a vain, shallow, self absorbed brat but the stories I've read about his generosity with time and money has really made me see him Iin a very different light
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a great guy. Alex Ferguson still speaks of him as if he's his own son. A very good role model. Here is another example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwtKvr5nPI
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked him but reading what he done it is lovely of him
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Men wrote: »
    Just because he didn't like being in broken Britain he got loads of bad press.

What bad press? Other than the World Cup 06 incident (which was blown out of all proportion) the media were no worse to him than the average footballer.

And he left to go to Madrid. Something he'd always dreamt of before he even joined United. Nothing to do with 'Broken' Britain.