Anyone else disappointed with Rachel tonight?

1234568»

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never read such a load of hype and fuss in all my life. I see nothing wrong with her answering back to Britain's smuggest man in all honesty. OK, she may not be the most well mannered person on the planet but she wasn't *that* bad.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it last night so am just watching the repeat on ITV2...she was good in the audition but (to me) sounded rather flat tonight :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I thought that Rachel's audition tonight was absolutely spine tingling. She may not be everyones cup of tea but hey X Factor bosses know what they are doing by giving people someone to dislike/hate. I guess that Rachel did alright because love her or hate her she has her own discussion topic here.
    What I thought cruel/spiteful was the way she was singled out and then told that the others had gone through. The way that Simon looked at her was as if to say "Look what we can do to you if you do not toe the line" The bottom line is Rachel is talented and she will make the X faxtor bosses money.
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh - you thought - so it follows that it's true. Is it not possible that she may have regretted it without any prompting? And how dreadful to wave her hands in despair when she thought she was going to be eliminated - what on earth will she do next to enrage people?:rolleyes:

Oh sorry didn't realise I wasn't allowed to think :rolleyes: You couldn't make it up.

BTW she's not enraging me :D
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh sorry didn't realise I wasn't allowed to think :rolleyes: You couldn't make it up.

BTW she's not enraging me :D

You thought so it becomes a fact and yes , you can make it up - people do all the time - that's what thoughts are. There's supposition and assumption and facts. Thinking that someone might have been prompted to apologise is not the same as knowing it for a fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    cybergirl3 wrote: »
    So True! :D

Well, it proves my point and I'm sticking to it.
    As soon as a Black person gets 'too mouthy' or starts being 'argumentative' or starts being 'too arrogant' then the standard response/reproach is typical to say the least. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I have just had a look back through cocotai's previous post's and all but a handful are about race/racism.

Go figure.

Wow! Not having a life, much? lol That you had to look at all my previous posts? *chuckling*

Yes, I will always address racism/race in society, because whatever you want to say - in these forums and the real world - it does exist. Will always exist.
    If you don't like what I have to say *head in sand syndrome* then scroll past my posts. Easy, huh?
    I come on here, make my comments and state my opinions and then I log off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Shes half way there to making up for it. the public are fickle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she sang well tonight but the show of an apology - obviously heavily scripted. Do you think she uses phrases like 'faux pas' normally:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she sang well tonight but the show of an apology - obviously heavily scripted. Do you think she uses phrases like 'faux pas' normally:yawn:

Having another one of your thoughts are you? I wouldn't like you on the jury at my trial ;)
  • Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    she was stunning tonight, i think shes the one to beat shes incredible,

loved the apology and her whole attitude tonight shes so funny rachels back!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having another one of your thoughts are you? I wouldn't like you on the jury at my trial ;)

Are you stalking me? At least you will be leaving Babeth alone:D

Do you really think she uses phrases like that in her everyday language?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't see what all the fuss is in her myself i prefer Amy,Laura,Diana,Alexandra better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you stalking me? At least you will be leaving Babeth alone:D

Do you really think she uses phrases like that in her everyday language?

....until the next time she rubbishes Amy Winehouse :D

I don't see why she wouldn't know the meaning of faux pas. She's not illiterate. She sounded the same as she did at her first audition.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    You don't know anything about her upbringing so to compare your upbringing with hers is meaningless since people on council estates have just as many variables in their life circumstances as anyone else. Most people mirror their surroundings so I'd hazard a guess that Rachel didn't have two parents who went out to work. At age 13 you are still a child. I wouldn't be surprised if her own mother had her very young. I'm surprised and disappointed at the judgements being thrown around on here.

I wasn't really comparing myself to her - I was just pointing out that you don't have to have a university education and be posh to be articulate - but you know nothing about my circumstances either, only the very bare details I've chosen to share with you.
    cocotai wrote:
    Wow! Not having a life, much? lol That you had to look at all my previous posts? *chuckling*

Yes, I will always address racism/race in society, because whatever you want to say - in these forums and the real world - it does exist. Will always exist.
    If you don't like what I have to say *head in sand syndrome* then scroll past my posts. Easy, huh?
    I come on here, make my comments and state my opinions and then I log off.

Oh please. You've made less than 100 posts. I'm a speed reader. It really didn't take me much time. Only stopped me having a life for about five or so minutes. Thanks for the concern anyway.

And of course racism exists - I never said that it didn't - but it's way too easy to play the race card just because a black person isn't a nice one. In my opinion.
    Forum Member
    well i think she is nice and this whole attitude thing against has got to stop imo because there is no attitude she apologised her personality is just a bit fiery thats all at least she aint boring and her voice is stunning.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Amy86 wrote: »
    well i think she is nice and this whole attitude thing against has got to stop imo because there is no attitude she apologised her personality is just a bit fiery thats all at least she aint boring and her voice is stunning.

Not again.

This is a discussion forum. People will say what they like whether you agree with it or not.

I suggest you stick to the appreciation threads if you can't handle it otherwise you'll end up giving yourself an ulcer and it's only Boot Camp. God knows that you'll be like if she gets through to the live rounds and has a bad week :eek:
    Forum Member
    yeah i know that, hence the fact i put ''imo''
  • Lush_LolaLush_Lola Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved her rendition of amazing grace.
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lush_Lola wrote: »
    I loved her rendition of amazing grace.

Yep me too, she was much better on Sunday's show than Saturday's.