What is the Purpose of Harriet Harman ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
Forum Member
I was going to post this earlier in the week, but forgot.

I had just been wondering what she was up to, as you hardly ever see her. Previous deputies, notably Heseltine or Prescott had quite high profiles, and were always in the news.

I never saw her throughout the local election run up, just the likes of Hazel Blears etc.

I remember seeing her debate with the other candidates for Labour Deputy Leadership, and she was going to re-invigorate the party and the electorate. Not exactly working out for her then, :rolleyes: Today was the first time I've seen her on TV for ages.

Gordon keeps getting all the blame for the Labour shambles, but what about those close to him like Harriet, I don't know if she's up to much ?:confused:

Comments

• wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    The less she does the better in my view. The last time I heard from her she was planning to encourage discrimination against white males at job interviews.
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To make Hazel Blears look like Einstein in comparison.
  • niwdenessniwdeness Posts: 1,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this pseudo-feminist does is sashay around in beige trouser suits, a true New Labour showwoman.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The purpose of Harriet Harperson is to prevent men paying women for sex and to ban the other things she does not approve of I guess. :)
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno but if you find out do let us all know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    To make Hazel Blears look like Einstein in comparison.

heh heh, could be some truth to that.

Whenever I see Hazel, and her permanently cheery demeanor, I remember the Rory Bremner sketch when he was dressed up as her, and said my job is to shovel this pile of shit from here to there (and then back again), and proceeded to get stuck in with a spade. I wish that the clip was on Youtube as it was really funny.
  • crumbscrumbs Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harriet Harman is proof that birds and politics don't mix. :D

That's a joke by the way before someone bursts a blood vessel...although there may be some truth to it. :D:p
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crumbs wrote: »
    Harriet Harman is proof that birds and politics don't mix. :D

That's a joke by the way before someone bursts a blood vessel...although there may be some truth to it. :D:p

Yes I totally agree with you Vulchers & Politics do not mix :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Mzzz" Harperson is a prudish, hypocritical, pontificating, self-confessed man-hater - and the standard bearer of the current generation of NuLabour "wimmin".

Her purpose? Basically to pander to and appease the shrieking middle-class lezzy lobby, the "wimmins' movement" (these two overlap to a fair degree) and the "Moral Minority" who like to think that they know best how to run other people's lives.

That and to push forward a program of all-female / all-black shortlists and other such "affirmative action" cobblers.

She's worse even than that condescending cow Dawn Primarolo and Ruth "Voice-Like-A-Bloke" Kelly - and that's saying something.
  • pje1979pje1979 Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Her purpose is to try and introduce racist and sexist policies to Britain.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's there to remind people that PC lunacy is not confined to local councils.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been more of a Prime Minister than Gordon Brown.

I notice how MaCavity Brown hasn't done any media regarding his 10p tax band. He's left all his Ministers to take the flak.
  • NEIL J JONESNEIL J JONES Posts: 7,115
    Forum Member
    Prescott had quite high profiles, and were always in the news.

But prescott is, and always has been a total laughing stock of the country, even labour supporters have never like him.

Harmen is a bit of a waste of space but is far down the list when compared to someone like prescott.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Mzzz" Harperson is a prudish, hypocritical, pontificating, self-confessed man-hater - and the standard bearer of the current generation of NuLabour "wimmin".

Her purpose? Basically to pander to and appease the shrieking middle-class lezzy lobby, the "wimmins' movement" (these two overlap to a fair degree) and the "Moral Minority" who like to think that they know best how to run other people's lives.

That and to push forward a program of all-female / all-black shortlists and other such "affirmative action" cobblers.

She's worse even than that condescending cow Dawn Primarolo and Ruth "Voice-Like-A-Bloke" Kelly - and that's saying something.

I take it by that you do not like them :D Me neither :D There is also Blears and Jowell too to add to that list, it's not because thay are female it's because they are excruciatingly annoying to the extreme :D
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had just been wondering what she was up to, as you hardly ever see her. Previous deputies, notably Heseltine or Prescott had quite high profiles, and were always in the news.

Er, eye candy ? :o