Big Friday - Ipswich

River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
Forum Member
✭✭
Nice Reviews for pretty much everyone really.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/entertainment/tv_talent_show_stars_thrill_thousands_in_park_1_528672#none

My favourite bit is obviously
Whether they (Jedward) or Diversity got the biggest cheer of the night is up for debate, but they were the real stars of the show - boasting the highest hair-do’s I’ve seen them sport yet.

The injured Edward - who tore his knee ligaments during a fall at T4 On the Beach - abandoned his pimped out golden crutches and hopped around on one leg or got piggybacks from brother John during their entire set.

Clearly in pain at time, with the odd ‘ow’ and ‘ouch’ every now and again, it didn’t stop him performing classic routines such as Under Pressure, Ghostbusters, Rock DJ and a shockingly good version of Blink 182’s All the Small Things.
With John flipping and spinning over the stage like he was auditioning for Diversity and jumping in among the crowd, the duo didn’t want to leave and the cheering crowd didn’t want them to either.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounded like it was a great show, and that review for John and Edward is fantastic, so proud of them :D

From what i've heard and seen on youtube the boys really did steal the show last night, bless Edward hopping around on stage, he doesn't want to let anything stop him does he :)
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It keeps on happening that they are described as the highlight of the evening by press reviewers anytime they perform with other singers : they are a great live act :)
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Grimes twins are stars: Fact.
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AW! John saying to Edward "I love you man" during Ghostbusters (at around 0.30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNY_YGT_Olc
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aw edward hopping about <3

No big production numbers - no gimmicks - no miming - no army of dancers - just them being themselves having a blast entertaining a crowd.
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I've been on youtube watching a few of the videos and I saw one from the very beginning o fthe concert when all the acts were being introduced and the other artists got cheered but there were loud boos when Jedward's name was mentioned but then everyone loved them when they actually came on and were cheering and applauding their performance, so they won everyone over again! :D