Options

Muslims Enforcing Sharia Law on the streets of London

Comments

• Options
    Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lamparilla was responding to another FM.
  • Options
    LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely a sign of desperation when you have to go this far back in history. Look we are talking about what is happening in today's society.

And surely a sign of ignorance if you can't understand historical context, for example why Ulster Unionists are prepared to die for their cause based on events in 1690 and why the BNP and EDL hold their racist views because they seem to think that this country is historically racially 'pure'.

If your historical knowledge goes back about an hour on Twitter, I understand the confusion :)
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Islam to 'take over', it would have to convince the majority to stop drinking alcohol.

Not going to happen. Alcohol is this country's religion, and Islam doesn't stand a chance against it.
  • Options
    Saskia44Saskia44 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamparilla wrote: »
    And surely a sign of ignorance if you can't understand historical context, for example why Ulster Unionists are prepared to die for their cause based on events in 1690 and why the BNP and EDL hold their racist views because they seem to think that this country is historically racially 'pure'.

If your historical knowledge goes back about an hour on Twitter, I understand the confusion :)

It is ridiculous and ignorant to attempt to blame the current generation for what happened centuries ago. But you can, of course, bllame them for what they do now.

And more fool any idiot prepared to die for something that happened in 1690!
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    bspace wrote: »
    just a guess here, but maybe that's because the thread is about muslims

drop into a thread about christianity and strangely enough people are lining up to stick the boot into that
    who'd have thunk it
    The context here is that people endlessly criticise Islam for failings exhibited by other religions, and don't apply the same standards. THAT'S the hypocrisy
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    I condemn any and all religious extremism, but I think we should also stop pretending that during the last couple of decades there has not been an exponential increase and severity of "incidents" in the United Kingdom instigated by one specific superstitious cult (who are growing in numbers at the same rate they're growing bolder), and I'm confused as to why some are so determined not to recognise this blatant fact?
    Which "incidents" are they, Skipjack ?
  • Options
    psychedelicpsychedelic Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamparilla wrote: »

So in your historical context some Muslims are now intending to impose sharia law in this country because the crusades occurred in the 11th century, oh of course makes complete sense :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Islam will undoubtedly become the dominant religion in the UK - maybe it already is in some ways.

Either way trends suggest it's unstoppable

So start hoarding Boots homebrew kits and lock up ya women!!:p
  • Options
    Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely a sign of desperation when you have to go this far back in history. Look we are talking about what is happening in today's society.

Correct - and this needs stamping out now.

These people are hopefully not representative of the Muslims in Whitechaple and are just a couple of idiots trying to up their sad lives.

Perhaps if a group of pissed up Poles or Russians happen to pass their way in Fieldgate St they won't be so brave.
  • Options
    Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Islam will undoubtedly become the dominant religion in the UK - maybe it already is in some ways.

It is already the most "active" religion. I wouldn't use the word "dominant" as that smacks of control.

While it is passive that is fine but if it tries to control non-Islam it will be slapped down by big business and the establishment, have no fear.

The beers are on you! ;)
  • Options
    Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil S wrote: »
    It is already the most "active" religion. I wouldn't use the word "dominant" as that smacks of control.

While it is passive that is fine but if it tries to control non-Islam it will be slapped down by big business and the establishment, have no fear.

The beers are on you! ;)

I think also it's fair to say that a lot of people are also converting so the religion may be getting bigger.
  • Options
    LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So in your historical context some Muslims are now intending to impose sharia law in this country because the crusades occurred in the 11th century, oh of course makes complete sense :rolleyes:

I'll regret trying to discuss this with you :rolleyes: but the answer to your question is 'no, it's not that mind-numbingly simple'.

Bigots breed bigots, who breed bigots, who breed bigots, on both sides of the fence. The bigots in London are aping their parents or other bigots who have impressed their neanderthal brains, as are the BNP and EDL. It's been going on for centuries.

There wasn't a leap from the 11th Century to now - sorry if putting that reference right next to one from the 21st Century confused you ;)
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    For Islam to 'take over', it would have to convince the majority to stop drinking alcohol.

Not going to happen. Alcohol is this country's religion, and Islam doesn't stand a chance against it.
    Don't be absurd and racist.
  • Options
    DanielleLDanielleL Posts: 231
    Forum Member

What a load of poppycock. This country is christian mainly and always will be. People like you with your scare mongering are a joke.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    DanielleL wrote: »
    What a load of poppycock. This country is christian mainly and always will be. People like you with your scare mongering are a joke.

Maybe things would be better if the main religion was no religion
  • Options
    Forum Member

Possibly but that isn't going to happen any more than Islam becoming the Uks no1 religion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am not actually so sure. If it was not religion it would be something else. Humans like to attach themselves to something. It gives them self worth and a purpose.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Check out Church attendances versus Mosque - then look at future birth trends.

Presenting facts objectively is not scaremongering.The fact you seem to be scared is unfortunate.
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Alcohol is this country's religion...

Sure is. I intend worshipping some of those holy spirits this evening.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Presenting facts objectively is not scaremongering.The fact you seem to be scared is unfortunate.

There are no facts in your post.
  • Options
    Black CloudBlack Cloud Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    The thing a lot of Muslims, but not all, need to understand is that the constraints placed on them by Islam apply only to them. To the rest of us they are irrelevant.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    16caerhos wrote: »
    I know they're only a minority, so I'm not one of those people who thinks "Muslims are taking over!"

What does bother me though is the fact that those bad eggs are allowed to stay here. Why not get rid? The Muslim community would benefit greatly from it. Kick them out, and over time maybe some people will begin to realize that not every Muslim walking the street is a nutter who wants to take over Britain?
    Because they may actually be British? Muslim does not always equal immigrant.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Statistically speaking it may be true that Mosque attendances are better than CofE Church attendances but that is for the same reason statistically speaking flying is safer than driving and that is there are for less Mosques than churches.

As for future birth trends that will make no difference some Muslims may have bigger families but they would need to have 100 each to outnumber the "white British" within a few hundred years
  • Options
    grimpygrimpy Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And people like you with your head stuck in the sand aren't doing the country any favours.

Islam is growing at an alarming rate and the problem that comes with that will only get bigger and bigger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimpy wrote: »
    And people like you with your head stuck in the sand aren't doing the country any favours.

Islam is growing at an alarming rate and the problem that comes with that will only get bigger and bigger.

Where have you found this out? Do you have a report to show this growth, as I would be genuinley interested to research this.