Alt-fest

DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.alt-fest.com/index.html

A main stage, metal, industrial, goth and steampunk stages, hosting killing joke, the cult, marylin Manson, Gary Numan, front 242, combichrist, and a bunch of other stuff.

It's £115 at the moment or £195 for 2 tickets with deposit scheme.

I got tickets on Friday, is anyone else going?

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its probably very easy to tell I'm not a festival-goer given my jaw-drop at the ticket prices :D
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably very easy to tell I'm not a festival-goer given my jaw-drop at the ticket prices :D

It's relatively cheap tbh, though the prices are going up to £170! I wouldn't pay that like. The big ones are around £200, with day tickets about £80.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's relatively cheap tbh, though the prices are going up to £170! I wouldn't pay that like. The big ones are around £200, with day tickets about £80.

I wouldn't have known, so thanks for that :) I suppose it's just as well festivals aren't my thing!
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I have been considering going for all three days and yes, the price is relatively cheap. I think I paid around £210 the times I went to Sonisphere.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member

Those prices are crazy. Festivals here are much cheaper.

Some local examples (with youtube links to the more obscure or local bands):

KFMA Day 2013 had The Killers, Minus The Bear, Cake, Bad Religion, Black Veil Brides, Middle Class Rut, Dead Sara and Fidlar. Tickets were $41

True Music Festival 2013 had Bassnectar, The Flaming Lips, Wiz Khalifa, Capital Cities, GRiZ, Lord Huron, Kill Paris, Hello Goodbye, He's My Brother She's My Sister, Kopecky Family Band, Black Carl, Chevy Woods, Berner, Dry River Yacht Club, Black Bottom Lighters, and The Black Moods for $70.

Southwest Terror Fest 2013 was a 4 day event with 60 metal artists, so I'll not list them, just link to the flyer: http://i.imgur.com/RFvAiPo.jpg A 4-day pass was $55.

At those other prices, you're approaching SXSW territory, and that has over 100 stages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes those might be cheaper but there is not much there that I would go to see. As for 'Southwest Terror Fest 2013' I don't think I even found one band I had heard of. :blush:

This Alt-fest has some excellent bands that for £100 for me is very good value. Acts I would want to see:
    VNV Nation, Gothminister, Combichrist, Lovelorn Dolls, Suicide Commando, Covenant, Krystal System, Intertia, Deviant UK, Angelspit, Tenek, Zeromancer, William Control, The Eden House, Senser, Aesthetic Perfection, Unter Null, Gary Numan, BlutEngel and Eisbrecher.

Previous concerts by VNV and Senser have been excellent. Angelspit and Gothminster are two I love to see most (that I haven't seen before).