MasterChef Australia Season 6 ...

Comments

• coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg! :o Nicole!! What a crazy idea!
    I actually feel a bit cheated because we didn't get to see the other 2 rounds. Steven should have gone - he got lucky because she got stupid!!!

Is tomorrow's episode just about the contestants?
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    It's great she had the real courage of her convictions but yeah Steven dodged a bullet. I could see by the time left she wasn't through.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In honour of Digger Dean from masterchef UK series 2, I'm rooting for Bobcat Brent. This, of course, means that he will be taken out in the final by Colin - sorry Brent :blush:
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blokee wrote: »
    So just how stupid was Nicole...?

I thought it was absolutely great so see someone with enough confidence to try something like that and she deserves a lot of credit for having had the 'balls' to do it.

With hindsight it clearly wasn't a sensible strategy but, to be fair, if she had only thought it through and declined to cook until the final round she would have almost guaranteed she would survive given she would only be competing against a couple of the weaker chefs with limited snapper ingredients left. Having said that though I'm not sure that would have occurred to me either in the heat of the moment.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    I thought it was absolutely great so see someone with enough confidence to try something like that and she deserves a lot of credit for having had the 'balls' to do it.

Yep, and Gary agreed. Loved his reaction. She backed herelf to pull it off, and unfortunately it didn't happen. You have take risks but this one didn't work for her. That's all.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    My problem with this series & what annoys me so much so far is that the director/producer seemed determined to focus on samey contestants every damn episode!!!>:(

So sick of this Byron, woman w/ headband, Nicole who got fired thank god, guys with beard (2 of them), one trick pony Nick who can't cook really, chinese guy, girls in pony tails (2 or 3 of them) etc. FFS I haven't even seen this guy Colin cook nor his food tasted yet, also the guy with mini ponytail who was miraculously featured last night during tasting but not while he was cooking, and 1 or 2 other seemed forgotten contestants!!

Also I find the camera work this series terrible...not enough focus on food!

Oh and I still hate George this series....he's got permanent long face...he should bugger off from the show if he's no longer enjoying it as he's a total turn off anyway. And why is head seems separated from his thin neck??

All in all IMO this series is too overhyped, too overrated with its poor production, bad camera work, setting ( I find the Melbourne MC kitchen rather cramped & dark compared to when it was in Sydney), tired old judges esp Calombaris, and not exactly great contestants - still far too many crying & boring life stories ( who bloody cares)!.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My problem with this series & what annoys me so much so far is that the director/producer seemed determined to focus on samey contestants every damn episode!!!>:(

So sick of this Byron, woman w/ headband, Nicole who got fired thank god, guys with beard (2 of them), one trick pony Nick who can't cook really, chinese guy, girls in pony tails (2 or 3 of them) etc. FFS I haven't even seen this guy Colin cook nor his food tasted yet, also the guy with mini ponytail who was miraculously featured last night during tasting but not while he was cooking, and 1 or 2 other seemed forgotten contestants!!

Also I find the camera work this series terrible...not enough focus on food!

Oh and I still hate George this series....he's got permanent long face...he should bugger off from the show if he's no longer enjoying it as he's a total turn off anyway

All in all IMO this series is too overhyped, too overrated with its poor production, bad camera work, setting ( I find the Melbourne MC kitchen rather cramped & dark compared to when it was in Sydney), tired old judges esp Calombaris, and not exactly great contestants - still far too many crying & boring life stories ( who bloody cares)!.

But other than that, you're enjoying it?
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    But other than that, you're enjoying it?[/QUOTE

Not really, rather disappointed considering all the hype & "excellent reviews" I've read which having watched 3 eps so far I can't think why.

I record them so have now started ff to tasting....can't be bothered with all the in- between bloody boring too many monologues.>:(
    Forum Member

Stupid...and that dish I can cook in 1/2 hour with much better result too.

And what's with that permanent inane grin?:rolleyes:
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick with it. We noticed the bias towards featuring people rather than food, but then with a shorter time whittling down to the final contestants, they're probably trying to make up for less time to get to know them. It does get better, especially once a few of the more useless ones get chucked out.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At this stage of the competition though it's inevitable. They only have a limited amount of time each episode to tell 'the story' and so have no choice but to concentrate on the contestants who will be involved at the end ... either because they have cooked the best or the worst. In a 'kitchen' episode if you don't see any camera time given to a particular contestant then it's safe to say they will sail through in the middle of the pack without running the risk of being at the top or the bottom of the ratings.

Last night for example, the moment they opened with that little vignette when one of the contestants said she had formed a close friendship with Nicole it was obvious that one of them was going to be eliminated by the end of the episode.

As the number of contestants reduces there will be more time available to focus on each one and thus it becomes much harder to 'read' the show and know who is going to win / be eliminated each time.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exceptionally :D

What an idiot?

A better cook could have pulled it off but she's average at best and confused ambition with ability.

I could see the mouth and the tail of the fish weren't immersed in the oil (bigger frying pan Nicole?) and was shocked that she didn't even attempt to immerse them during the cooking :o

Had she have done that AND left it frying for as long as she had left - she might have pulled it off.

Also, WTF was she thinking, covering the skin she'd spent all that time attempting to crispy fry with her sauce? :o

It was a shocker and the right person went IMO

Ill thought-out episode because it was obvious who was leaving due to the amount of time left ie not enough for another 2 rounds of cooking.

She should have been made to cook with whoever remained in round 3 - silly to let them all off with not having to cook again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Masterchef Australia us the best by far. If they can just keep the sob stories out it will stay great. I think they should gave an international version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Masterchef Australia us the best by far. If they can just keep the sob stories out it will stay great. I think they should gave an international version.
    I still prefer our version - none of the 'journey' cobblers till the very end when you find out about the finalists backgrounds/lives.

The episode tonight didn't even have any cooking ffs :D

Shame it's on the Beeb really because all that ours is 'missing' is a bigger budget.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sooo disappointed with the episode tonight. Fast forwarded the whole thing! Am watching yesterday's elimination feel well cheated!!
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, you've run into the "Class of 2014" episode. I don't know what possessed them to do that, particularly for screening on a Thursday night when they had competition episodes in other weeks. It rated poorly as you'd expect. Well, you are past it now.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    Ah, you've run into the "Class of 2014" episode. I don't know what possessed them to do that, particularly for screening on a Thursday night when they had competition episodes in other weeks. It rated poorly as you'd expect. Well, you are past it now.

OMG what WAS that!!!! Why did they need this filler episode?!

Thank god we're past that then!
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Yeah, last night was atrocious. What were they thinking? I loathe all the contestants now, after all the sob stories and faux emotional stuff. Ugh.
  • susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Do we still have the masterclass this season
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hm... I certainly don't think I've seen any masterclasses yet this year.

MAGGIE BEER! I love her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suszie wrote: »
    Do we still have the masterclass this season
    Hope not......can't stand that either.

They need to make that a spin-off show for those who like that kind of thing.

Masterchef is a competition so I want to watch them compete.
  • MagpieMaisieMagpieMaisie Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie Beer aka Mom from Futurama ;)

I'd be totally stuck if someone asked me to cook sliced bathmat. Even the look of those suckers... ewwww...
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Maggie Beer aka Mom from Futurama ;)

I'd be totally stuck if someone asked me to cook sliced bathmat. Even the look of those suckers... ewwww...

Ha ha! Totally! I think of Mom every time Maggie Beer comes on. Every. Time.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I'm not enjoying about this series so far is the godawful smug couple with their bun in the oven and hoover jokes and their lazy son. They make me want to get violent.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    The only thing I'm not enjoying about this series so far is the godawful smug couple with their bun in the oven and hoover jokes and their lazy son. They make me want to get violent.

What?