Options

Is Lauren a 'Reluctant' outsider?

***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
I just feel she is because she tried so hard to be accepted by the insider lot at first and after many attempts and failing at all of them she finally accepted it was never gonna happen ...... i sometimes feel if they were to the suddenly accept her now she would happily switch sides.

Also another thing off that subject I also notice her saying what shes thinking out loud to herself when she cries which seems like she is playing the sympathy card as she aways says summit like 'what have i done?' and 'why does nobody like me?' ........... i dont dislike Lauren but im not a fan of hers either, sometimes she just doesnt seem genuine to me .... Just my opinion, what do others think? :)

Comments

• Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    I suspect she would flip even faster and harder than Becky if invited.
  • Options
    KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think she probably is. Still like her, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »

yeah thats what i think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think she is a reluctant outsider, I'm sure she'd prefer it if there were no groups though.
  • Options
    geraldbeangeraldbean Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't even like Lauren but I don't think so. I think she actually wants a happy house and for no groups to exist at all.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could've been one, she was above Ash in Luke S' list. I for one would like to thank Lauren for not going down that route, her bendiness and Luke's premature ejaculation is probably more than my stomach could bear. :D

I think she was a natural outsider when Lydia was around (and Benny), because they had some good convos that weren't all about how great they looked. Since they left she's been in a no mans land, she doesn't fit either group and isn't strong enough to be a floater.
  • Options
    TRICKY123TRICKY123 Posts: 3,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't doubt for a minute if she was invited to the insiders circle she would jump ship.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't think she is a reluctant outsider, I'm sure she'd prefer it if there were no groups though.

I agree - She doesn't want an us and them, she would simply like everyone to play nice and she is genuine in her sympathy towards people when they are down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    They're all reluctant outsiders. See Luka's "I wish we were popular" lament.

I don't think Lauren hankers after being accepted into the bosom of this particular cool crowd. She knows they're arseholes. Everyone does.

But she'd like to live in a civil environment where there weren't groups, cliques, gangs and mean girls. It seems a reasonable ambition to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »

I don't think Lauren hankers after being accepted into the bosom of this particular cool crowd. She knows they're arseholes. Everyone does.

But she'd like to live in a civil environment where there weren't groups, cliques, gangs and mean girls. It seems a reasonable ambition to me.

Totally agree.:D
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She could've been one, she was above Ash in Luke S' list. I for one would like to thank Lauren for not going down that route, her bendiness and Luke's premature ejaculation is probably more than my stomach could bear. :D

I think she was a natural outsider when Lydia was around (and Benny), because they had some good convos that weren't all about how great they looked. Since they left she's been in a no mans land, she doesn't fit either group and isn't strong enough to be a floater.

But that was when she was trying to join the Sara and Ashleigh friendship society. She got laughed at, rightly so from Benedict and Lydia about it. I think the OP is right but I'd say it in reverse, she would be much more at home with the Insiders. Lauren hasn't ever lost that dream. She still hangs around them, tries desperately to get their approval and cries about it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yh i guess :) i just wondered as some of the others seem quite content with being an outsider (well they did) as they could see how manipulative and nasty the other lot are ... I just feel Lauren is probably the one who could easily be swayed more than the others .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that was when she was trying to join the Sara and Ashleigh friendship society. She got laughed at, rightly so from Benedict and Lydia about it. I think the OP is right but I'd say it in reverse, she would be much more at home with the Insiders. Lauren hasn't ever lost that dream. She still hangs around them, tries desperately to get their approval and cries about it all.

:) thats basically what i was trying to say in a much better way of putting it ... thank you :)
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone wants to be liked. Lauren messed up by being obvious (you mean bait - Shievonne :D) about it.

I can't get my head around Team Mean thinking they're anything other than massively unpopular with the public.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ***KEL*** wrote: »
    I just feel she is because she tried so hard to be accepted by the insider lot at first and after many attempts and failing at all of them she finally accepted it was never gonna happen ...... i sometimes feel if they were to the suddenly accept her now she would happily switch sides.

Also another thing off that subject I also notice her saying what shes thinking out loud to herself when she cries which seems like she is playing the sympathy card as she aways says summit like 'what have i done?' and 'why does nobody like me?' ........... i dont dislike Lauren but im not a fan of hers either, sometimes she just doesnt seem genuine to me .... Just my opinion, what do others think? :)

I pretty much agree with you. I also thinks she's a bit spoilt and the tantrums very childish. There is something about her I just don't like and I think that's down to thinking she's not very trustworthy.

Still if she was up against an insider, I'd save her. Which kind of shows how crap I think the insiders are!!!!
  • Options
    Nearly NewNearly New Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's said from the start that girls never seem to like her and outside of the Adam\Luke A\Benedict\Lydia group she has only ever hung out with Aaron, Conor and Luke S as she's a bit of a tom boy. So no I don't see her as a wannabe insider.

Deana on the otherhand cosied up to Shievionne last week so much that Adam remarked she was jumping ship.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ***KEL*** wrote: »

Lauren is just a people pleaser and she wants everybody to like her. I think that she would like one big house and no divide and get on with everybody. I actually think that Lauren is the most genuine person in the house this year. She is not the usual chav and want to go in all the mags for deals. She comes from a sheltered homelife by the sound of it in Jersey where she has only known love from her family and although she said that other girls don't normally like her she was obviously hoping to get on with everybody in the house.

Lauren is different from the norm for a girl, a real tomboy, that just likes being one of the lads, hence the jealousy from some of the girls in the house, especially Ashleigh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I pretty much agree with you. I also thinks she's a bit spoilt and the tantrums very childish. There is something about her I just don't like and I think that's down to thinking she's not very trustworthy.

Still if she was up against an insider, I'd save her. Which kind of shows how crap I think the insiders are!!!!

^^^ agree
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're probably right, but I think it would've been her undoing, she doesn't gel with them and Ashleigh would've made her life hell (in a "yeah babe you look good, but are you sure you should wear that with your arse?" sort of way).

I still don't think Lauren understands honesty is not a virtue the insiders have a big supply of, and would be lost there.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qwertyell wrote: »

Exactly how I see it too! She would love just one big happy house where everybody gets on and haves fun!
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she wanted to be an insider at first so she was part of the popular gang but I don't think she would even think about joining them now she knows how horrible they are.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree, she has always loved Connor and flirted with Arron and Luke S and now she is having one to ones with Caroline and Becky.......... she will be back in the fold next week .. watch this space.