Pros being contacted for 2015 series

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Just been on the other thread. Really not pleased that they got rid of Iveta but kept sickly-sweet Joanne, sulky Ola and creatively challenged Karen. I loved Iveta's personality, her partnering and her all-round dancing. It looks like the show is going to be very Latin-heavy again.

I'm also not entirely happy that they got rid of Trent over the horrible dancer that is Kevin and the bored and moody Brendan. I'm not too sure about the two new male dancers from first impressions. A tattoo saying 'Born to Win' just screams 'knobhead' to me and Gleb also looks like he licks the mirror at his own reflection.

Sulking about Iveta!

Sulking!!!!!

SULKING!

SULKING, PEOPLE! SULKING!

SUUUUUUULLLLLLLKIIIIIIIIIIING!
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally and utterly 100% gutted that Iveta has been dumped!!! Shame on you SCD Producers!!!

As for the 3 new pro's.. not heard of any of them!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Iveta wanted to leave?
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cwickham wrote: »
    16 celebs = 14 weeks = SCD returning late August = unlikely? I think 16 celebs is far too much, so hopefully they'll throw in a double elimination or two to keep the number of weeks down.

In this article, the BBC say 'We are not in a position to announce the celebrity line up yet or how many there will be', so it could be that not all 16 will get a celeb. I'm not sure how that would work though - I suppose a couple of them could end up as backing pros like last year if they don't get enough celebs :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3052284/Gleb-join-new-Strictly-series.html
    I'm also not entirely happy that they got rid of Trent over the horrible dancer that is Kevin and the bored and moody Brendan. I'm not too sure about the two new male dancers from first impressions. A tattoo saying 'Born to Win' just screams 'knobhead' to me and Gleb also looks like he licks the mirror at his own reflection.
    :D:D:D

I hope both Brendan and Ola make a bit more effort to at least pretend they want to be there this year.
    Forum Member
    I also hope they don't hand the contenders to the newbies and cast Aljaz and Tristan in the 'nice and patient so we'll hand them the duffers' role. Brendan, Kevin and Pasha are all due a challenging celeb. Natalie and Aliona are also way overdue a bit of luck. (Almost typed 'Iveta' there. Sob!)

STILL SULKING!

THE UTTER, UTTER BASTARDS!

BASTARDS!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally and utterly 100% gutted that Iveta has been dumped!!! Shame on you SCD Producers!!!

As for the 3 new pro's.. not heard of any of them!

nope, nor me
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    In this article, the BBC say 'We are not in a position to announce the celebrity line up yet or how many there will be', so it could be that not all 16 will get a celeb. I'm not sure how that would work though - I suppose a couple of them could end up as backing pros like last year if they don't get enough celebs :confused:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3052284/Gleb-join-new-Strictly-series.html

:D:D:D

I hope both Brendan and Ola make a bit more effort to at least pretend they want to be there this year.

I'm not got to link to it because it's on the DM sidebar of shame on the link you provided but I see Ola's PR didn't waste any time getting her a tabloid headline ;-)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I'm not got to link to it because it's on the DM sidebar of shame on the link you provided but I see Ola's PR didn't waste any time getting her a tabloid headline ;-)

I noticed that earlier on today - refused to click on it! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also hope they don't hand the contenders to the newbies and cast Aljaz and Tristan in the 'nice and patient so we'll hand them the duffers' role. Brendan, Kevin and Pasha are all due a challenging celeb. Natalie and Aliona are also way overdue a bit of luck. (Almost typed 'Iveta' there. Sob!)

I think they will want to have 'hot young couples' with the 2 new guys so they will get contenders. Tristan should definitely be next in line after them (I really hope he's not the new Robin). Aljaz I'm not sure - he's one of my favourites but he has already won, but he could be lucky if they have a tall lady. I haven't seen anywhere how tall the 2 new men are? Definitely agree Natalie is overdue for a contender, but most of the ones I've thought would be contenders recently have ended up being a bit rubbish - good male celebs seem to be very thin on the ground.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeasssssssssssssssssssss the cliftens are back as is ola
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »

Yeah, I think that's likely.
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »

I actually think that is true. She has a life, business and dog in New York and she must have left there last August for Strictly, returned around the end of February/beginning of March time and now she's off again for a Strictly cruise. She probably wants her life back.

However, I am holding onto my anger and not letting this go. I still haven't got over ColinWuzRobbed, I still haven't recovered from NotClooney over Austin, I will never forgive ComtempoBollocksRumba being chosen over Jake, and I still moan on about the loss of Ian, Vincent and Flavia, Katya and Anya.

Trent and Iveta gone and we've still got the sodding Cliftons!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »

Yep, right in there! :D

The comments are more interesting than the article - a lot of people seem to have gone off Ola by association with James unfortunately. A lot of love out there for Gleb already :D
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame Trent & Iveta have gone. :( Glad Tristan & Joanne have stayed as I'd like to see them with partners with more potential.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A tattoo saying 'Born to Win' just screams 'knobhead' to me

I think I want to marry you :D
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    I actually think that is true. She has a life, business and dog in New York and she must have left there last August for Strictly, returned around the end of February/beginning of March time and now she's off again for a Strictly cruise. She probably wants her life back.

However, I am holding onto my anger and not letting this go. I still haven't got over ColinWuzRobbed, I still haven't recovered from NotClooney over Austin, I will never forgive ComtempoBollocksRumba being chosen over Jake, and I still moan on about the loss of Ian, Vincent and Flavia, Katya and Anya.

Trent and Iveta gone and we've still got the sodding Cliftons!

I've never quite got over Katya getting axed, and now I'm heartbroken about Iveta. Did all those leopard[print]s suffer for nothing? Trent, too - one of the few highlights of 2014. I'm all for ringing the changes, so good on the newbs, but the amount of dead wood needing shifting hasn't actually reduced at all.
    Forum Member
    I think I want to marry you :D

Unfortunately I am totally delusionally married to Aljaz. One day he will realise this.
    Forum Member
    I've never quite got over Katya getting axed, and now I'm heartbroken about Iveta. Did all those leopard[print]s suffer for nothing? Trent, too - one of the few highlights of 2014. I'm all for ringing the changes, so good on the newbs, but the amount of dead wood needing shifting hasn't actually reduced at all.

Who will give us the hip-hop and say things like 'You are like butter to my heart' and 'My mother told me never to trust brown-eyed men'? I love Queen Natalie but Iveta was the least boring female pro ever.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will give us the hip-hop and say things like 'You are like butter to my heart' and 'My mother told me never to trust brown-eyed men'? I love Queen Natalie but Iveta was the least boring female pro ever.

And 'I vill crush you' :cry:
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame to see Iveta go. No return for Anya. Let's see how the new ones do.

It's hard to see why the BBC needs Ola back. Is this going to roll on like the Clarkson saga? Can the BBC see some presenting role for Ola after Strictly? It's beyond me.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that some people here seem to think that DS represents a big majority of the strictly public opinion but that's NOT the case; From what I've seen online , Ola is easily the most popular/likeable female pro at strictly. Yes even despite her husband's antics; in fact most people seem to sympathize with her on that front so I totally see why she's back.

The amount of vitriol she got last year was uncalled for imo; I see the fact that she's back as some sort of justice done.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will miss Iveta she had such a brilliant fun personality, I never took to Trent so won't miss him. Really pleased Tristan is back just hope he gets a decent celeb, also love Aliona I thought she might be at risk so glad she is back.
    Shocked about Robin although I never really liked his dancing he his a lovely guy.
    Don't know the newbies but first impressions of the new guys is wow very good :D
  • backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    I know that some people here seem to think that DS represents a big majority of the strictly public opinion but that's NOT the case; From what I've seen online , Ola is easily the most popular/likeable female pro at strictly. Yes even despite her husband's antics; in fact most people seem to sympathize with her on that front so I totally see why she's back.

The amount of vitriol she got last year was uncalled for imo; I see the fact that she's back as some sort of justice done.

:o..and this coming from you:o this is sublime. if there is one person who has spewed the most vitriol and hate against a specific pro on this forum has been you. In order to demand respect for a specific pro that you like, you have to stop hating and publicly trying to diminish the ones you don't.
  • luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o..and this coming from you:o this is sublime. if there is one person who has spewed the most vitriol and hate against a specific pro on this forum has been you. In order to demand respect for a specific pro that you like, you have to stop hating and publicly trying to diminish the ones you don't.

Amen to that backstageone. :)
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Think its worse if somehow a close friend/family member of a pro in the guise of being a regular forum member/fan posts derogatory stuff against other pros .... puts the said pro in a difficult position if the relationship comes out ....