Options

Pros being contacted for 2015 series

Comments

• Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    I will miss Iveta she had such a brilliant fun personality, I never took to Trent so won't miss him. Really pleased Tristan is back just hope he gets a decent celeb, also love Aliona I thought she might be at risk so glad she is back.
    Shocked about Robin although I never really liked his dancing he his a lovely guy.
    Don't know the newbies but first impressions of the new guys is wow very good :D

I'm delighted about Tristan too - and Aliona!! I was really worried about her after the Gregg Wallace debacle. (his fault - but I wondered why they gave him to her in the first place!) And I agree with backstageone that Aliona was HOT in that Shirley Bassey Goldfinger number - so was Tristan - rumba's where he shines imo and I hope he's featured in one this season - it's what got him going on DWTS before they decided to stick him with old women (and strungout Pamela Anderson). I thought Aliona and Tristan were hot together in the Irish pro piece they did towards the end (followed by Michael Flatley's crew)

Speaking of hot, Gleb !! He's 6ft1 I think - but only made it 1 season in Oz (with a beauty pageant type) and 1 season in USA (with an older lady, a la Tristan, named Lisa Vanderpump - hey she's British I think ??) He's killing it this season in Moscow with an ice skating ringer though and he's very pretty (and I don't think too bad on the narcissism front - has a little 5 year old daughter and his wife Elena is the Gordana type, but maybe a bit more, uh, careful?)

And speaking of that, dammit on losing Trent. I thought he was sweet, gorgeous, humble, a crackerjack dancer - and I grew to love Iveta and can't believe she's gone - but they gave her Thom while Natalie had to shuffle through with the old clodhopper (nice man though he was) - maybe Iveta would have been better off if the situation had been reversed. And Robin! I still think that interview he did where he suggested that his boyfriend Marcus be his partner on Strictly was the last straw, sort of trying to back BBC in a corner, but I'd love to see this "drawing the curtain back" article that people are referencing - how did I miss that ??? (I did see the video when he told on Ola calling in sick etc. - clearly they're happy with the tabloid coverage and James' great big mouth - and I suppose she's their sexpot to boot.)

16 is a lot - wonder if Anton might do some guest judging like he did in the final leg of the tour? (or hosting?)
  • Options
    strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found this clip of Otlile. I thought that she was fab!
    http://youtu.be/KyIzmEDiwxY

I found this of Giovanni. Love this on aswell
    http://youtu.be/zbbQspr0sF4
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    ooooo ... I love the fierceness of Otlile ... Thanks for the links ... :)
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    16 is a lot - wonder if Anton might do some guest judging like he did in the final leg of the tour? (or hosting?)

Not unless another tragedy befalls one of the judges/presenters, and Anton's out early! Although I do feel Anton is being primed, along with Camilla, to take the reigns when (most likely) Len and Darcey step aside be that in a few years or whenever!

I'm just awaiting the foretold "Annie at the Prom" scenes if Aliona doesn't get Harry Judd's more talented clone at the launch XD
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    So glad Aljaz & Tristan are back with Kristina & Natalie and of course my favourite- the lovely Pash Pash .... :D:D ....Will miss Iveta & Trent though... :(
  • Options
    luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Think its worse if somehow a close friend/family member of a pro in the guise of being a regular forum member/fan posts derogatory stuff against other pros .... puts the said pro in a difficult position if the relationship comes out ....

:oOh Oh:o
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Ola gets them press, I think it's as simple as that. Other than Anton and Brendan, she is the most famous pro whether we like her or not, for that reason they'll keep her until they find another female pro who the trash tabs will get into.

And we have a worse show for it... I'd quite happily let all three of them go. I'm sick of the kind of press Ola attracts and think things like this are threatening to spoil the show.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Not unless another tragedy befalls one of the judges/presenters, and Anton's out early! Although I do feel Anton is being primed, along with Camilla, to take the reigns when (most likely) Len and Darcey step aside be that in a few years or whenever!

I'm just awaiting the foretold "Annie at the Prom" scenes if Aliona doesn't get Harry Judd's more talented clone at the launch XD

I think Anton and Claudia would be such a fun presenting team.
  • Options
    Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    And we have a worse show for it... I'd quite happily let all three of them go. I'm sick of the kind of press Ola attracts and think things like this are threatening to spoil the show.

To be honest, I'm really surprised that Ola is back this year. I did think it was very possible that they would let her go. I wonder what James thinks about all of this.

I also thought that there was a good chance that they would let Trent go. I do think though that if he did return, Len wouldn't let him forget about those "illegal lifts" he did with Pixie on the Cha-Cha-Cha to B52's "Love Shaft" last year.
  • Options
    AmethyztAmethyzt Posts: 4,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of the new 3, so look forward to seeing how they fit in ( or not ! )

Really pleased Ola is back, hope she enjoys it this year

Also good to see the wonderful Natalie back, although I fear she will get another * challenged * zeleb....

Cant abide the Clifton Massiv and no doubt we will hear endless references to the wedding and the change of name ( not their fault I know but doesn't help to endear them to me )

Am a Brendan fan but that wont last much longer if he does his sulky act again this year

Wont miss Robin at all, although mean of them not to mention him

Pleased not to see Trent and Gordana in the line up - wasnt looking forward to that

and am totally gutted to lose Iveta - I hope she comes back for some part of the show, even just for a special or a one week performance
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're gonna get DWTS pros, I wish it could be Val Chmerkovskiy! I know it's never going to happen... but a girl can dream.

I also quite like a male dance/ female celeb showmance (doesn't even have to be real!) and none of the guys are single on strictly so it never happens. :(
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o..and this coming from you:o this is sublime. if there is one person who has spewed the most vitriol and hate against a specific pro on this forum has been you. In order to demand respect for a specific pro that you like, you have to stop hating and publicly trying to diminish the ones you don't.

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    If we're gonna get DWTS pros, I wish it could be Val Chmerkovskiy! I know it's never going to happen... but a girl can dream.

I also quite like a male dance/ female celeb showmance (doesn't even have to be real!) and none of the guys are single on strictly so it never happens. :(

Yeah Val is doing so well on Dwts, that I don't see it happening.
    The new male pro seems to be single :D:D...he's easy on the eye too :blush: but his official twitter page has to look more professional imo :blush:. You would think that he's simply an actor or male model lol.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

It's very obvious that backstageone is referring to your intense dislike of Janette who you rarely miss an opportunity to make a dig at including on this thread......therefore making it quite rich you lecturing on the 'vitriol' posted about Ola.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Val is doing so well on Dwts, that I don't see it happening.
    The new male pro seems to be single :D:D...he's easy on the eye too :blush: but his official twitter page has to look more professional imo :blush:. You would think that he's simply an actor or male model lol.

Yeah he seems quite settled in the states, lives with his brother, his family and friends are there (I guess other than the ones in ukraine,) he seems to be popular on dwts and is doing well on it and probably getting a bigger paycheque than he would for being on strictly....

...it would totally make my life though! He can wait until I'm famous then come over and be my pro partner. ;)

Yeah giovanni looks hot. I thought he was when I saw him on Joanne's instagram... I thought they might have been a couple but she's recently said she's happily single. I don't really know anything about him.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised about Trent and Iveta not being asked back by the Beeb (unless they themseleves had other plans of priority). I found Iveta amusing, and Trent seemed a decent guy that did some lovely dances with Pixie. Given he was Robin's stand-in I suppose I shouldn't be surrpised he wasn't asked back, but then I was hoping he would be asked back instead of Robin (who also hasn't been).

As for Robin, not being asked back doesn't surpise me at all. If you look at all the celebs he's been partnered with and how he's never really been able to impress with (imo) any of them (not all his fault, his partners' to some degree too), he's probbably lucky to have lasted this long. Anton seems to thrive on dud-like celebs, but I doubt Robin liked it as much (underneath it all), even though of course he tried his best and put a typical happy showbiz face on. I feel sorry for him in a way because as a dancer he was fine to watch with another Pro, but he never had that wow dance moment in routines with a celeb (well not in my opinion), and Lisa Riley doesn't count for me because, despite her best efforts and the mass applause she got from live audiences, I never thought she was technically that good.

I was hoping Tristan and Joanne would return as, imo, they needed a second chance with better celebs. Thrilled Natalie back! Surprised that Ola is back, but then Strictly either likes her and it was just James that nobbed them off, or maybe there is another cynical reason she's in again. Either way, I hope she'll be able to enjoy it a bit more this. Last year may have felt awkard not having James there (and sometimes it showed), but now she last year under her belt and now knows the feeling of his Strictly absense, so can maybe now just enjoy this series knowing that she was asked back, again, and not him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I'm talking about Ola's vitriol, I'm talking about the personal attacks she has received here.
    When I criticized Janette last year (and this morning ), I merely criticized her professional ( example not a trained latin/ballroom dancer ) career and her choreography which is totally different from judging a pro personally
    I did remember saying that I cant warm up to her but I don't see how that is a personal attack :confused::confused:

Same thing I did on Dwts with Allison walker who is an extremely talented contemporary dancer but who I feel shouldn't be a pro on dwts because she lacks expertise in ballroom/Latin( and it shows).
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted Iveta has gone. She had more personality than most of them put together and will be a real loss imo.

I can't believe Ola is still there. Utterly bizarre decision but also kind of proves that TPTB are more interested in trashy headlines than any kind of integrity.

Not really bothered that Trent has gone.

Looking forward to the new pros.

Please let Natalie have a ringer this year :)

I also think its disgraceful that Robin didn't get a mention in that press release. Hes such a nice guy and he deserves better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah he seems quite settled in the states, lives with his brother, his family and friends are there (I guess other than the ones in ukraine,) he seems to be popular on dwts and is doing well on it and probably getting a bigger paycheque than he would for being on strictly....

...it would totally make my life though! He can wait until I'm famous then come over and be my pro partner. ;)

Yeah giovanni looks hot. I thought he was when I saw him on Joanne's instagram... I thought they might have been a couple but she's recently said she's happily single. I don't really know anything about him.

Yeah he has quite a following now in the states and likes living between New York ( where he lives with his brother ) and LA. He divides his time between both cities ; works mostly in LA. I feel like they're trying to set him up as Derek Hough successor ( if he ever were to leave the show for good ) but I don't see it happening :blush: )

I haven't heard anything about the 2 new pros until today but Gleb :o? I'm so excited to see him here :D:D. I wanted to see him on this show for 3 years now :blush::D

His US fans are so happy for him and are even planning to watch strictly online this Fall to see him :D
    Btw Gleb is in the Finale with his amazing partner and we will know this Saturday if they won; it's the Russian version of strictly. They're incredible together and they have a very big chance of winning :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he has quite a following now in the states and likes living between New York ( where he lives with his brother ) and LA. He divides his time between both cities ; works mostly in LA. I feel like they're trying to set him up as Derek Hough successor ( if he ever were to leave the show for good ) but I don't see it happening :blush: )

I haven't heard anything about the 2 new pros until today but Gleb :o? I'm so excited to see him here :D:D. I wanted to see him on this show for 3 years now :blush::D

Guess I'm gonna have to chuck in my office job and make it big in the states then. :kitty:

I only recognised Gleb from watching Val and Zendaya vids (he was in their trio salsa) and he made an impression on me from that so it will be great to have him on strictly!
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm talking about Ola's vitriol, I'm talking about the personal attacks she has received here.
    When I criticized Janette last year (and this morning ), I merely criticized her professional ( example not a trained latin/ballroom dancer ) career and her choreography which is totally different from judging a pro personally
    I did remember saying that I cant warm up to her but I don't see how that is a personal attack :confused::confused:

Same thing I did on Dwts with Allison walker who is an extremely talented contemporary dancer but who I feel shouldn't be a pro on dwts because she lacks expertise in ballroom/Latin( and it shows).

You've gone beyond critcizing Janette professionally. I remember your nasty posts about her in her first year and making personal comments and assumptions about her relationship with Aljaz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess I'm gonna have to chuck in my office job and make it big in the states then. :kitty:

I only recognised Gleb from watching Val and Zendaya vids (he was in their trio salsa) and he made an impression on me from that so it will be great to have him on strictly!

He's a great dancer and I'm so glad that bbcstrictly gave him a chance :cool:
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm stunned at Ola returning. Maybe the BBC are trying to repair her reputation after the Steve saga sold her down the river somewhat last year. Or maybe James is still on the payroll and is asked by the producers to stir things up and attract headlines.

I'm not overly disappointed at Robin leaving and I don't think Trent has enough time to make an impact but I'm really disappointed that Iveta's left. If it was her choice then fair enough but if the BBC made that decision they need their heads testing.
  • Options
    pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin is one lucky man
    A show dancer of average talent but as a ballroom. Dancer and teacher sub standard and if given a partner with talent will fail to get them to fulfil that talent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I found this clip of Otlile. I thought that she was fab!
    http://youtu.be/KyIzmEDiwxY

I found this of Giovanni. Love this on aswell
    http://youtu.be/zbbQspr0sF4

Otlile was fab in that! She totally outshone everyone else without resorting to sex-ayyyyy posing. I will reserve judgement though. Being a good Strictly pro is about graciousness, charm, good partnering and being able to choreograph memorable, exciting routines for a 30 stone egomaniac who used to be on Brookside.