Options

LBC General Chit-Chat 2 (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    No Chance wrote:
    It is as well- I like Iain's 'no, no no no' song, which I believe is from a musical, though I can't for the life of me remember which one! I like Zippy's Congestion Charge song as well- I've caught myself singing along to that a few times!

Iains 'no no no'song is from High school musical and its called 'stick to the status quo'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    melkkaz wrote:
    Iains 'no no no'song is from High school musical and its called 'stick to the status quo'
    Thanks again for that- it really was doing my head in as to what it was called- and I hate when that happens!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radamfi wrote:
    How long ago did Clive do that jingle?

I think a few months ago Clive was talking about that advert, then Igor recorded, overdubed and remixed Clive singing the advert into a jingle for Clive to use.
  • Options
    GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Chance wrote:
    I've no clue, but it's stuck in my head now and I can't get shut of it! 'miaow miaow miaow miaow....' ARRGGHH! :D
    Welcome No Chance.
    Steve Allen used to play that Snappy Snappy Snappy song and It took me months to get it out of my head and now he has started to play it again. I Love the Good Morning, How Are You song. Does anyone know who its by. I want to download it. I think its really sweet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maureen's call to Nick just then had me in absolute stitches! Excellent stuff! :D:D:D
    GODDESS wrote:
    Welcome No Chance.
    Thanks for the welcome! :)
  • Options
    radamfiradamfi Posts: 14,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandy from London Colney has just said that she put LBC on her CV as one of her 'interests'. Would you mention LBC on your CV?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote:
    Would you mention LBC on your CV?

I would put "radio" or "radio listening" on, but then it would depend on who I was sending the CV to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote:
    Mandy from London Colney has just said that she put LBC on her CV as one of her 'interests'. Would you mention LBC on your CV?
    I don't think I'd put LBC in general, but I've put 'radio' as one of my interests before now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On 2 February 2006, jojo01 started a thread on the Digital Spy website forum called 'LBC - general chit chat'. Little did she know that the thread was going to grow to over 25,000 posts and become the 'de facto' place to discuss LBC on the internet. Unfortunately, on 28 February 2007, the thread was deleted without notice meaning that a valuable source of the recent history of LBC had disappeared.

Thanks to Google, Yahoo and Windows Live search cache, about a quarter of the pages were recovered and are now archived for posterity:

www.adamfi.co.uk/ds.htm
  • Options
    redmundredmund Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, radamfi! I'm yet another lurker on this,and the old thread, and it's great you have the knowledge and tenacity to do this, I can't even stick a simple smilie in! I am delighted it's continuing and has pulled in loads of new posters. Thankyou.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Chance wrote:
    It is as well- I like Iain's 'no, no no no' song, which I believe is from a musical, though I can't for the life of me remember which one! I like Zippy's Congestion Charge song as well- I've caught myself singing along to that a few times!

Is it not Jiffy rather than Zippy?

Well done to radamfi for his efforts to preserve the contents of the old place.

Not wanting to overegg any pudding, but are you keeping the contents of this one as well, lest any troublemakers get it closed?
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote:
    On 2 February 2006, jojo01 started a thread on the Digital Spy website forum called 'LBC - general chit chat'. Little did she know that the thread was going to grow to over 25,000 posts and become the 'de facto' place to discuss LBC on the internet. Unfortunately, on 28 February 2007, the thread was deleted without notice meaning that a valuable source of the recent history of LBC had disappeared.

Thanks to Google, Yahoo and Windows Live search cache, about a quarter of the pages were recovered and are now archived for posterity:

www.adamfi.co.uk/ds.htm

Thanks for that, radamfi. Ah, happy days. I did some of my best work on there! :rolleyes: I've added it to my favourites to browse at leisure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF is Steve Allen whittering on about this morning? Now, in normal circumstances I love Steve, but I do not wish to listen to a whole hour dedicated to his personal modem problems. I find this an abuse of his position. I've actually had to switch him off this morning, as I got so utterly bored by the constant stream of 'remedy' messages.

Rubbish, LBC! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnnyrich wrote:
    Not wanting to overegg any pudding, but are you keeping the contents of this one as well, lest any troublemakers get it closed?

Yes, I intend to regularly back up the current thread.
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radamfi wrote:

www.adamfi.co.uk/ds.htm

Blimey, that must have taken a serious amount of work to put it all together. Well done and thanks for taking the time, it's good to know that a lot of what we've talked about isn't lost forever after all. :)
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard the Cayman Islands promo clip with Acalia (?) Hipwood. The name sounds familiar. Has she been a travel reporter or producer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of last night's show when Nick was saying which days he is doing (confirming Tuesday to Tuesday) Lucy said that they would be meeting on Friday night when she is producing the Psychic Show. That probably means that Lucy isn't producing in Iain's slot and it may still be Agent Chris.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danjwhelan wrote:
    Anyone else think the advert with Steve Allen saying, "There's never a dull moment" is slightly ironic?

Obviously, doesn't listen to the psycsick show !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote:
    What is the history behind Clive's 'miaow' song?

Thanks Radamfi! I now have an "ear worm" :mad: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard the Cayman Islands promo clip with Acalia (?) Hipwood. The name sounds familiar. Has she been a travel reporter or producer?

She used to be a travel reporter, she left to get married. From what I can understand from LBC over the past few days she now lives in the Cayman Islands!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Helena Wilkinson as a reporter on Radio 4 news yesterday afternoon, if anyone was wondering where she had got to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did Tom Bateman actually go? I know Nick kept winding him up but where did he actually go?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where did Tom Bateman actually go? I know Nick kept winding him up but where did he actually go?

BBC London 94.9 I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnyrich wrote:
    Is it not Jiffy rather than Zippy?
    Indeed it is; I do apologise, I got somewhat muddled in my slightly tired state. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found additional posts from Google's cache and they shall be added to the website. Adam's valuable post on the ownership/management has now been found:
    Here's some data compiled for you and others who are interested in the changes at LBC over the years! Data from various sources including IBA, Radio Authority, Radio Centre and MediaUK.

Ch = Chairperson
    MD = Managing/Station Director
    PC = Programme Controller/Director
    Ed Dir = Editorial Director
    Ed = Editor

1973 - (8th October) Launch of LBC

Can't find much between launch and 1979.

1979 - LBC Radio
    Address: London Broadcasting Company Ltd, Gough Square, London. EC4P 4LP.
    Ch: Sir Geoffrey Cox, MD: Patrick Gallagher, Ed Dir: Ron Onions

1980 - LBC Radio
    Ch: Sir Geoffrey Cox, MD: George Ffitch, Ed Dir: Ron Onions

1981 - LBC Radio
    Ch: Sir Geoffrey Cox, MD: George Ffitch, Ed Dir: Ron Onions

1982 - LBC News Radio
    Address: London Broadcasting Company, Communications House, Gough Square, London. EC4P 4LP.
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: George Ffitch, Ed Dir: Ron Onions

1983 - LBC News Radio
    Address: London Broadcasting Company, Communications House, Gough Square, London. EC4P 4LP.
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: George Ffitch, Ed Dir: Ron Onions

1984 - LBC News Radio
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: George Ffitch, Ed Dir: Peter Thornton, Managing Ed: John Perkins

1985 - LBC News Radio
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: George Ffitch, Ed Dir: Peter Thornton, Managing Ed: John Perkins

1986 - LBC News Radio
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: Bill Coppen-Gardner, Ed Dir: Peter Thornton, Managing Ed: John Perkins

1987 - LBC News Radio
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: Bill Coppen-Gardner, Ed Dir: Peter Thornton, Managing Ed: John Perkins

1988 - LBC
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: Bill Coppen-Gardner, Ed Dir: Peter Thornton, News Ed: John Perkins

...until late 1989. The station moved to new studios in Hammersmith Road, W14 and LBC split into two different stations, one on FM and one on AM.

1989 - LBC Crown FM | London Talkback Radio [AM]
    Address: Crown House, 72 Hammersmith Road, London. W14 8YE.
    Owner: Crown Communications

After a disasterous 6 months as LBC Crown FM the name of the FM service is changed to LBC Newstalk.

1990/1991 - LBC Newstalk [FM] | London Talkback Radio [AM]
    Address: 72 Hammersmith Road, London. W14 8YE.

1992 - LBC Newstalk [FM] | London Talkback Radio [AM]
    Ch: Rt Hon Christopher Chataway, MD: Charlie Cox, PC [FM]: Michael Lawrence, PC [AM]: Robin Malcolm

1993 - LBC Newstalk (FM) | London Talkback Radio [AM]
    Owner: Chelverton Investments (Shirley Porter)
    Ch: Dame Shirley Porter DBE, MD: Matthew Cartisser, PC [FM]: John Allen (see John's website about LBC), PC [AM]: Robin Malcolm

1994 - LBC Newstalk (FM) | London Talkback Radio [AM]
    Owner: Chelverton Investments (Shirley Porter)
    Ch: Dame Shirley Porter DBE, Acting MD: Michael Franklin, PC [FM and AM]: Robin Malcolm

until 5th October 1994 then... the LBC name seemingly disappears forever...

1994 - London News Radio [FM] | London Newstalk Radio [AM]
    Group: London Radio Sevices Ltd
    Ch: David Rogers, MD: Rory McLeod, PC [FM and AM]: Peter Thornton

During 1994 the station's names were changed to London News 97.3 FM and London News Talk 1152 AM

1995 - London News 97.3 FM and London News Talk 1152 AM
    Group: London Radio Sevices Ltd
    Ch: David Rogers, MD: Rory McLeod, PC [FM and AM]: Nigel Charters

In Mid 1995 the station's names were shortened to News 97.3 FM and News Talk 1152 AM. These name changes lasted until 1st July 1996 then the LBC name reappeared...

[NB: London News Radio Ltd is now owned jointly by ITN, Daily Mail & General Trust, Reuters and GWR Group. Station moves to ITN headquarters in Gray's Inn Road.]

1996 - News 97.3 FM | LBC 1152 [AM]
    Address: 200 Gray's Inn Road, London. WC1X 8XZ.
    Group: London News Radio Ltd
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: (None listed), Ed [FM]: Nicholas Wheeler, PC [AM]: Charles Golding

1997 - News Direct 97.3 FM |LBC 1152 AM
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: Nigel Reeve, Ed [FM]: (None listed), PC [AM]: Charles Golding

1998 - News Direct 97.3 FM | LBC 1152 AM
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: Nigel Reeve, PC [FM]: Chris Mann, PC [AM]: (None listed)

1999 - News Direct 97.3 FM | LBC 1152 AM
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: Nigel Reeve, PC [FM and AM]: (None listed)

2000 - ITN News Direct 97.3 FM | LBC 1152 AM
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: M J Olaore, Chief Ed: Nicholas Wheeler, Ed [FM]: Steve Holt, Ed [AM]: Stuart Thomas

2001 - ITN News Direct 97.3 FM | LBC 1152 AM
    Group: (None listed)
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: M J Olaore, Chief Ed: Nicholas Wheeler, Ed [FM and AM]: Stuart Thomas

2002 - ITN News Direct 97.3 FM | LBC 1152 AM
    Group: (None listed)
    Ch: Ralph Bernard, MD: M J Olaore, Chief Ed: Nicholas Wheeler, Ed [FM and AM]: Rob Hooker

The stations were sold to Chrysalis in Autumn 2002. A move to Bramley Road in West London this time - on-air described as North Kensington but more like Shepherd's Bush! The stations relaunched in January 2003.

2003 - LBC 97.3 FM | LBC News 1152 AM
    Address: The Chrysalis Building, Bramley Road, London. W10 6SP.
    Group: Chrysalis Radio Ltd
    Ch: (None listed), MD: Mark Flanagan, PC [FM]: Steve Kyte, Ed Dir [AM]: Jonathan Richards

2004 - LBC 97.3 FM | LBC News 1152 AM
    Ch: (None listed), MD: Mark Flanagan, PC [FM]: Steve Kyte, Ed Dir [AM]: Jonathan Richards, News Ed: Tom Bateman

2005 - LBC 97.3 FM | LBC News 1152 AM
    Ch: (None listed), MD: Mark Flanagan, PC [FM]: Scott Solder, Ed Dir [AM]: Jonathan Richards, News Ed: Tom Bateman

2006 - LBC 97.3 FM | LBC News 1152 AM
    Ch: (None listed), MD: David Lloyd, PC [FM]: Scott Solder, Ed Dir [AM]: Jonathan Richards, News Ed: Tom Bateman

2007 - LBC 97.3 FM | LBC News 1152 AM
    Ch: (None listed), MD: David Lloyd, PC [FM]: Scott Solder, Ed Dir [AM]: Jonathan Richards, News Ed: Tom Bateman (but not for much longer)

NB: Rob Hooker (FM/AM Editor in 2002) still works for the station. Today - he's LBC's Operations and Compliance Manager.
This discussion has been closed.