America get Season 7 part 2 bluray set early (Merged)

Comments

• saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have spoilered what?

Sorry. I was talking to myself. I posted a response to you similar to what Silencewillfall did but I failed to spoiler it so deleted!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should've spoilered that but deleted.
    Sorry. I was talking to myself. I posted a response to you similar to what Silencewillfall did but I failed to spoiler it so deleted!

OK, cool, thanks.

Wondered what I had done this time!
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may stay away from the forum for the remainder of the week incase we get someone who decides to announce something in their thread title (like they did for TIA if I remember correctly).
  • ryanellisryanellis Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Refreshing Pirate Bay... Over and over and over and...

No lol my cousin from Chicago got one can't believe they got Dawn French to play the twelfth Doctor she's gonna be great! :D
  • PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    It seems that, because of a goof some people have already received their Series 7 Part 2 box-sets, which means the final episode is in the possession of a large number of people.

http://untempered-schism-insta.tumblr.com/post/50255139345/so-did-anyone-else-get-their-pre-order-early

While some of us here enjoy general speculation about forthcoming episodes, the fact that these Blu-Rays are out there means that the full spoilery details are practically guaranteed to leak onto the internet - maybe in the next few hours, or in a day or two at the most. As you can imagine, suddenly our entertaining speculation has suddenly taken a nasty turn, and people will no doubt post entire synopsis and spoilers, ruining the whole thing.

If anyone's remotely interested in watching "The Name of the Doctor" spoiler free, it would be a good time to evacuate the internet around about now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member

trying to prove something faker? you're a bit of a fool to think people aren't watching gallifreybase too.

http://www.picturehoster.info/images/24712746807251172834.jpg
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FunkyJawa wrote: »

So that's the 50th Special blu-ray also released early then? ;)
    Forum Member
    I just saw a whole lot of posts about this on other forums, then rushed over here to give you lot a heads up - and I didn't see this topic because it sort of blended in :o

The blu-ray thing is genuine all right, no idea how long it's going to be before someone will spoil everything.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bye guys i'll see you all for aftermath of the episode
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    They say it will blow people out of the water.

Hmm interesting. It must be a coded clue. Let me see now...

The Warriors of the Deep was set in an underwater base that the Silurians were trying to blow up. It must be about that. That's it. The Myrka is making a comeback and it's him who blew up the Tardis at the end of series 5!

Damn, I've gone and spoilt it for myself now. Should I have put this in spoiler tags?
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of oblivious to what the problem is with anyone downloading this when it inevitably gets uploaded to the net. So they get to see it a week or so early...so what?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    So that's the 50th Special blu-ray also released early then? ;)

I'd wager DarrenH2011 and Glunark on GB are the same person. He's hellbent on proving something or other.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of oblivious to what the problem is with anyone downloading this when it inevitably gets uploaded to the net. So they get to see it a week or so early...so what?

That's my thought too. It'll be all over the net at 8pm next week anyway.

And I'm tempted to have a look and watch it before than myself, just because I can and I'm excited and want to see it.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even if certain owners don't wanna spoil everything please someone post a few pics nothing that is in any of the trailers or previews
    Forum Member

The problem is that some of those that download it early will probably shoot their mouths off forums such as these and ruin it for those of us who would rather wait for the surprise when it is actually broadcast.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember something similar happened with Children of Earth, which some people received before Day 4 had even aired. I hope whoever was responsible for shipping at the bbc america shop is taken to task over this. Very sloppy of them.
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    I think I may stay away from the forum for the remainder of the week incase we get someone who decides to announce something in their thread title (like they did for TIA if I remember correctly).

You do remember correctly. Said troll kept posting threads over and over again until they were banned. Thats the incident that started the whole "spoiler-gate" controversy.

I too think I am going to have to withdraw from these forums till the weekend now.
    Forum Member

Yes, I already spotted that thread - about five minutes too late. I just nipped over here to make sure I passed on the warning and didn't see that thread as it sort of blended in :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think people are more worried about the people who will possiby watch it releasing information and therefore spoiling it for other people before they watch it. Yeah, they can try to avoid the spoilers, but if a lot of people watch it it will be pretty much impossible.
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People do need to be sensitive about spoilers of unbroadcast material, but I get sick of the constant cries of SPOILER! to shows that have already been shown.

The number of spoiler tags I see in here on a Sunday relating to the previous episode, or even to people's theories that aren't part of the show, is ridiculous. If you don't want something spoiled, don't read a forum after it's been on air!

Plus, even if there's a thread by someone who has seen the leaked episode, I'm sure most people are sensible themselves not to read it.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    The problem is that some of those that download it early will probably shoot their mouths off forums such as these and ruin it for those of us who would rather wait for the surprise when it is actually broadcast.
    Annoying yes but not much different to a big movie release or some such. Most people aren't gonna see it absolutely immediately so they have to avoid places discussing it before they themselves get a chance to watch..it's a minor irritant at best.

As for waiting for surprise when it's broadcast...what does it achieve? Why not just download like so many others?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it and can confirm that the Kandyman does indeed make a significant appearance.
    Forum Member
    As for waiting for surprise when it's broadcast...what does it achieve? Why not just download like so many others?

Maybe some people are more ethical than others, or don't want to risk getting caught, or simply don't have the bandwidth. There will be others who don't access the net via a laptop or computer, instead using some other device, and so can't download the file anyhow.
    Forum Member
    Annoying yes but not much different to a big movie release or some such. Most people aren't gonna see it absolutely immediately so they have to avoid places discussing it before they themselves get a chance to watch..it's a minor irritant at best.

Because I'd rather watch it live, as broadcast next Saturday evening as the makers of the program intended.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FunkyJawa wrote: »
    I'd wager DarrenH2011 and Glunark on GB are the same person. He's hellbent on proving something or other.

no i am not get your facts right i am only 1 person on here