Ipod question?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I don't know if this is going to make sense to anyone....... but what I would like to do is somehow partition my 80gb IPOD into two.

I want to have my own personal music on it, then I want another set of music for playing at work (obviously its not the kind of stuff Id listen to personally)

Thats why Id like to keep it separate. And I dont want any of the "work" music to play when I shuffle all songs.

I tried ticking "skip when shuffling" but that stopped the work music playing proplely (as I want it to play in a random fashion)

Also, If you give a song a better star rating, will it play more often while in shuffle?

Comments

• paulbeattie87paulbeattie87 Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant be done to my knowledge, only way I can think is if you make a Work playlist and then a personal one with your songs and shuffle the person playlist.

As for the way you want AFAIK its not possible I may be wrong though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers.
    lol, I thought I was probably making stuff up too be honest!

What I've done is just created one big album and named it "work music"
    But obviously when I listen to the ipod on shuffle, the songs will keep cropping up. (and theres over 500 of them) - But I can live with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you really wanted you could, but you cant have two copies of the retail os afaik, but you can have dual boot with retail os, and something like rockbox (or ipodlinux).

But if you can make do with playlists then that is definatly the best option