Options

Mitsubishi vedio recorder

I have a Mitsubishi vedio recorder Model number HS-M48V(B)(about 10 years old I think). It has served me well. Now when I start recording it stops and then I have to press recording button again. Then it will record. For this very reason, it has stopped Timed redording, ie when it attempts to record it stops and because there is no second time pressing of recording button, it does not record andything. What could be the reason? I have a friend who has a fair knowledge of electronics and will mend it for me if he knew what was wrong. When he opened it there does not seems to be anything wrong with it. Somebody else commented that perhaps microswitch is stuck. How can I release it? Any answers to my questions will be very helpful. I know technology has moved on and vedio recorders are of no significance :D but I still need it as I just need to recrod and play when I can.

Shimla

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest.

Chuck it away and buy a new one. Without a proper service manual with full circuit diagrams and the requisite test gear I would not go anywhere near the innards of a video recorder. And I get paid to rip electronic gear apart and fix it!

If you could find someone to repair it chances are it will cost more than a replacement anyway!
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be inclined to suggest belts or spool idler rather than a fault with the electronics - however, I'd agree with the previous poster that it really isn't worth the cost of repair given how cheap new ones are now.