Will PS3 games play on the new PS4?

Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's all in the title.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it if it was!

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sadly they won't as it isn't backwards compatible, but no doubt Sony will port a number of games over via PSN at a cost.
  • Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick answer.

I may have had some justification if the answer was different but I think I'll have to stick with the PS3 for now.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that is unlikely to be available to us in Europe until Q4 of 2014 (another 12 months) at the earliest, more likely we'll get this in 2015.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all in the title.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it if it was!

No, sorry, Sony stopped backwards compatability after the first PS3 console due to lack of demand and developer pressure (hey, how else will they make money if we dont buy the "HD remake" of a game)

There is work currently being done on the Gaikai network so that streaming of previous gen games can be done on the PS4 (bit like Onlive...but actually works) so maybe all the games that you get with PS+ will be available? (unlikely but who knows)
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PC can run PSX and PS2 emulation pretty much perfect. PS3 will be longer no doubt, but it will get there.
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that is unlikely to be available to us in Europe until Q4 of 2014 (another 12 months) at the earliest, more likely we'll get this in 2015.

Just to add to that there's no details of cost and you will also need a pretty fast internet connection to stream HD games, and a very understanding ISP.