IOS 7.0.3 out now

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Find my iPhone has changed. There's now a white circle with a picture of your iphone inside at your location. The update logged me out of it for some reason.
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Do you mean the Find My iPhone app on the same device your using?
    If so then why would you be needing to be logged into the app on the device your using :confused:
    I thought you had to be be logged in in case you lose it? Does it still work if it's turned off and you are logged out?

The app has been updated, requiring you to log into the app again if you wish to use the app.

It's not the same as the service. You do not need to be logged into the app (or even have the app installed) for that device to be findable using another device or the website, you just need the service enabled in the settings.

You use the app to find other devices.

You use the service to enable other devices to find this device.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    You do not need to be logged into the app (or even have the app installed) for that device to be findable using another device or the website, you just need the service enabled in the settings.

Correct my friend.

Think about it, if you had to be logged in for Find My Iphone to work then the would be thief could simply just go into the app and click on ''log out''. ;)

And to turn off the service in the settings menu requires you to enter your lock screen pass code.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    For people that are interested, there is a new animation for opening and closing apps that people are preferring over the original animation.

It's meant as an accessibility option, but if you have an iPhone 5 or 5S, if you go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and turn it on, when opening and closing apps, it fades instead of zooms.

Yeah I've switched that off because I love the zooming! Hate the moving background picture though. Grrrr!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I thought you had to be be logged in in case you lose it? Does it still work if it's turned off and you are logged out?

Find My iPhone is already in the iPhones software which your asked to turn on during the iCloud setup. Have a look, go to Settings > iCloud > check Find My iPhone is on.
    The Find My iPhone app is only for locating another iOS device.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Correct my friend.

Think about it, if you had to be logged in for Find My Iphone to work then the would be thief could simply just go into the app and click on ''log out''. ;)

And to turn off the service in the settings menu requires you to enter your lock screen pass code.

They wouldn't be able to go into my phone to access the App unless they had my fingerprint. :p
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    bigsis wrote: »
    I've got it working again as I turned Safari back on in restrictions as I had it switched off as I'm using Chrome instead - doh!!!

I did that, found a lot of apps would open in Safari and nothing else, so links in emails wouldn't work at all... they need to (and probably won't) put in a way to choose a default browser.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Yeah I've switched that off because I love the zooming! Hate the moving background picture though. Grrrr!

Same. I've had to go back to the parallax effect (which actually seems a little bit smoother with 7.0.3) because I don't want to lose the zooming!
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just installing it, if it ever verifies :p
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Same. I've had to go back to the parallax effect (which actually seems a little bit smoother with 7.0.3) because I don't want to lose the zooming!

The zooming annoyed me anyway. I bet the battery life is much better without it.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct my friend.

Also...

Under iOS7, disabling Find My iPhone (the service) actually requires the Apple ID password, so even if someone stole your phone and it was not locked they still could not disable it.[ plus restoring in iTunes also needs the Apple ID password, as does activating the phone, even after doing a DFU restore).
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Just did my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 and all went ok. Good update!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what does turning on reduce motion actually do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't be able to go into my phone to access the App unless they had my fingerprint. :p

Hahah ok you've got me there ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what does turning on reduce motion actually do?

Before 7.0.3, it just turned off the parallax effect. Now it does that and also switches off the zooming style transitions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before 7.0.3, it just turned off the parallax effect. Now it does that and also switches off the zooming style transitions.

Thanks. Just checked it out, think I prefer the zooming effect than the fade one
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should just give us options for it. Zooming or fading!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    They should just give us options for it. Zooming or fading!

You get traditional Apple options, my way or highway.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i assume people have realised this update adds iTunes radio?

literally just seen it ..

#edit ..

ok this is strange.. the radio option has just disappeared .. but then my phone seems to be doing some VERY strange things at the moment
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

Where do you see iTunes Radio? I can't see it on mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Where do you see iTunes Radio? I can't see it in mine.

i just edited the post - it's now disappeared. it was in the bottom bar - the "album" options was moved to the additional menu and the radio button was on the bottom left.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

#edit ..

ok this is strange.. the radio option has just disappeared .. but then my phone seems to be doing some VERY strange things at the moment

This happened about a month ago too. It appeared briefly then disappeared again sharpish. Presume its a glitch or they're testing something. I think we officially get it in January. Basically a limitation of per country broadcast rights with the content owners.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Girlfriend's 5 is still virtually useless even after 7.0.3.

Done the full factory reset and still too much lag and other nonsense. Nearest "genuis" bar is almost 60 miles away. Any other suggestions? I heard taking it back to p4u would be a waste of time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    This happened about a month ago too. It appeared briefly then disappeared again sharpish. Presume its a glitch or they're testing something. I think we officially get it in January. Basically a limitation of per country broadcast rights with the content owners.

That would make sense i suppose. I did select "Learn More" and got the expected error from iTunes about it not being available in the UK.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Girlfriend's 5 is still virtually useless even after 7.0.3.

Done the full factory reset and still too much lag and other nonsense. Nearest "genuis" bar is almost 60 miles away. Any other suggestions? I heard taking it back to p4u would be a waste of time.

If her phone is backed up to iCloud try a reset but set up from new not a back up she can then restore her apps etc from the cloud.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    If her phone is backed up to iCloud try a reset but set up from new not a back up she can then restore her apps etc from the cloud.

Tried that with 7.0.2 already Tigerpaws but I am not sure if she has tried with 7.0.3. We'll have a look tonight. Thanks for the suggestion though, much appreciated.