Songs you love that no-one else has heard of

Comments

• Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluenile wrote:
    The Blue Nile - Downtown lights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kU9LECX9s

I loved early Blue Nile.......some superb stuff........the Hats album, etc...

Ever check out It's Immaterial? They had a big hit with 'Driving Away From Home' in the late 80's, but their 1992 album 'Song' was a corker........quite similar in style to Blue Nile............ :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Shades Of Michaelangelo' by Belinda Carlisle. :)
  • Milk MaidMilk Maid Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Skin - Trashed, she is so underrated as a solo artist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put my mp3 player on random yesterday and this song played, which seems appropriate for this thread:

Special Needs - Motorbikin'

"He's ALIVE again!" :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Musume - Kanashimi Twilight

Its not in English but the guitar is good, and the nante's/nanka's are quite catchy.
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing a good song on the radio in the late '70s, called 'Moonlight' by a band called Zero, which I've never heard before or since, and neither has anyone I know. Does anyone else remember this? (I'm beginning to think I must have made it up, lol!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kelly Family - Fell In Love With An Alien. :D

No, seriously. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVkDf6brE3E I lived in the Netherlands for a couple of years while I was doing my degree, and this song was number 1 there. Nobody else I know has ever heard of it in the UK. It's a weird little song but I like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everclear - Wonderful

Released Oct 2000 and only reached No.36 in the charts!

Awesome song!

I love that song also! :cool:

Mines would be Matchbox Twenty - Unwell it's an amazing song which I can relate to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I;ve got a vinyl album by Rare bird - Somebodys watching from 1973.I have'nt met anyone who's heard of them yet.
    They were a progressive rock band that came together in the 1960s. They were formed in England, but had more success in other European countries than they did at home.
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I;ve got a vinyl album by Rare bird - Somebodys watching from 1973.I have'nt met anyone who's heard of them yet.
    They were a progressive rock band that came together in the 1960s. They were formed in England, but had more success in other European countries than they did at home.
    Hi, you just 'met' me, lol! Excellent band, I went to see them when I was at school (before Somebody's Watching came out). In those days, I was well into early Floyd, Renaissance, Soft Machine, Iron Butterfly, VDGG, etc. - Rare Bird fitted very well alongside them. They have a website if you're interested - http://www.angelfire.com/nc/jupiterspace/jspage2.html (containing a bit more info than their Wikipedia entry, where you nicked your line from, lol! ;) ).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    song called *Tranquilized* by a band called inhaler
    it also features in a movie *little athens* :)

www.myspace.com/inhalermusic
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    Black Velvet by The Lilac Time.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've got an album called Born Again by them which is very good. Never got round to getting anything else of theirs though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, you just 'met' me, lol! Excellent band, I went to see them when I was at school (before Somebody's Watching came out). In those days, I was well into early Floyd, Renaissance, Soft Machine, Iron Butterfly, VDGG, etc. - Rare Bird fitted very well alongside them. They have a website if you're interested - http://www.angelfire.com/nc/jupiterspace/jspage2.html (containing a bit more info than their Wikipedia entry, where you nicked your line from, lol! ;) ).

Steal stuff off wilkipedia,me,never. ;)

Thanks for the link.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote:
    Does anyone else remember Vado Via by Drupi? :o

Yes, unfortunately :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Adam Ant singing 'What's Going On' from the Metropolis Soundtrack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,583
    Forum Member
    "Hold On" by Wilson Pickett. Not sure how big it was at the time of it's release, but now you very rarely hear it.
  • BluenileBluenile Posts: 11,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Hold On" by Wilson Pickett. Not sure how big it was at the time of it's release, but now you very rarely hear it.

Wilson Phillips :) I still hear it occasionally, especially on Magic 105.4 in London

It reached No. 6 in the UK chart in 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3n4E0T8uJc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Freerunner - All tracks are good in my opinion. Love 'Lie Lie Lie' alot though!

http://myspace.com/freerunnerband
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    chris cornell (audioslave) cover of billie jean superb.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,583
    Forum Member
    Bluenile wrote:
    Wilson Phillips :) I still hear it occasionally, especially on Magic 105.4 in London

It reached No. 6 in the UK chart in 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3n4E0T8uJc
    That's the one :o:D

Thanks for the info :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Nerina Pallot - Idaho

(if you listen closely you might find the line where I got my screen name from :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Milk Maid wrote:
    Skin - Trashed, she is so underrated as a solo artist.

I completely agree! She is one of my favourite artists, if not the favourite of mine. Skunk Anansie also ruled!

I'd also go for a Skin song: Faithfulness.

It was her single after Trashed, and one of her best songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martina Topley-Bird - 'Need One'

Where is this woman?....a voice that good needs to be heard again :(.