Adam Buxton (The Youtube Comment Guy) back in Dictionary Corner

:):):)

He's so much more than that!
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    He's so much more than that!

Im aware im refrencing what his highlight was when he was last on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown (And when he hosted Never Mind The Buzzcocks...well that and the Moby Moby Michael Stipe Game :D)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A bit odd that they still make jokes about Jon's sex life/relationship.

In his new show last night it revealed he is engaged to Lucy Beaumont.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    A bit odd that they still make jokes about Jon's sex life/relationship.

In his new show last night it revealed he is engaged to Lucy Beaumont.

To be fair it probably comes from his book which is absolutely hillarious. Where he talks about the lack of his success and how long his dry spell had been without a girlfriend.

They probably knew when filming it but rightfully left it for Jon and Lucy to reveal.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Much better with Alex Horne and I thought Joey Essex did ok. Again, sometimes when you get people like that e.g. Danny Dyer, it can work and sometimes they are better than established comedians.

I do agree though that I think they are being OTT with Cats does Countdown and should limit them to a few specials a year and get back to the [proper series.

I doubt Danny Dyer will be happy with you comparing him to Joey Essex! What exactly do you mean by "People like that"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does it really need an explanation?
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Always got a good laugh at the original 8 out of ten cats, can't stand this.

I agree.

I don't bother to watch this at all now.

I thought the first few, as specials were really good and funny as a one off. Why it continues I don't know, they may as well make more 8 out of 10 cats series as that was always funny and topical and worth a watch.

When are they doing real 8 out of 10 cats now? It doesn't seem to exist w/o count downnow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    I agree.

I don't bother to watch this at all now.

I thought the first few, as specials were really good and funny as a one off. Why it continues I don't know, they may as well make more 8 out of 10 cats series as that was always funny and topical and worth a watch.

When are they doing real 8 out of 10 cats now? It doesn't seem to exist w/o count downnow.

Actually SRO Audiences are taking ticket requests for a new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats Regular Show.

10 Episodes filmed between 9th October and 4th December so it looks like it will be on from October till the lead up to Christmas :)
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably knew when filming it but rightfully left it for Jon and Lucy to reveal.

The episode shown last week was filmed in June, despite Jon's claim about live tweeting.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Danny Dyer will be happy with you comparing him to Joey Essex! What exactly do you mean by "People like that"?

yeah, danny dyer was nothing like joey essex. don't know how essex can go on there to be laughed at.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't think too much of the latest episode.

Never really found Vic Reeves particularly funny by himself. Seen him with those false teeth before and it wasn't funny then either.

Jo Brand made little contribution and her oversized chocolate bar was very predictable.

Like Adam Buxton, but his 'Commentary Corner' routine was a pale imitation of the one he did the last time he was on the show.

Would have been nice to have something in the Joe Wilkinson slot, to add a bit of variety to proceedings.
  • Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member

Never really found Vic Reeves particularly funny by himself. Seen him with those false teeth before and it wasn't funny then either.

Jo Brand made little contribution and her oversized chocolate bar was very predictable.

Like Adam Buxton, but his 'Commentary Corner' routine was a pale imitation of the one he did the last time he was on the show.

Would have been nice to have something in the Joe Wilkinson slot, to add a bit of variety to proceedings.

Agree with all of this. On paper I thought the line-up had potential for quite a good one, but I found the whole show quite flat.

Bring back Joey Essex.

:o
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally thought it was the best episode i've seen them do so far. I actually found that i'd watched the entire thing without fast forwarding once.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Also agree. It's better without Wilkinson disrupting Rachel but The Horne Section was a good addition imo.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's much better without Joe.........but generally I start to lose interest when they start playing the game

The first 10 minutes or so when Jimmy is introducing the guests is the best bit then it gets boring........the game itself is boring

I have stuck with it the last couple of weeks whereas previously I turned it off at halfway when Joe came on
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needs a long long rest before/ if they decide to bring this back again.
    The novelty has long since worn off.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Needs a long long rest before/ if they decide to bring this back again.
    The novelty has long since worn off.

Has it though? Presumably it is doing well for Channel 4 when they continue to make so many, sidelining the original show.
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Has it though? Presumably it is doing well for Channel 4 when they continue to make so many, sidelining the original show.

8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown has viewing figures of around 2 million
    8 out of 10 Cats has viewing figures of around 1.6 million
    Countdown has viewing figures of around 0.25 million

With 8 out of 10 Cats being a Endemol UK production and Countdown being an ITV Studios production, the hybrid format is a joint production.

With the studio set for 8 out of 10 cats being in Surrey and the Countdown set being in Salford Quays it's meant some of the filmings for 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown have coincided with when Jimmy Carr's being doing gigs in the North, while some of the filmings for 8 out of 10 Cats have coincided with when he's been doing gigs in the South.
  • Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    8 Out of 10 Cats is back on Monday 6 October.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I must come over as a tiresome old letch, but by christ Rachel was looking particularly fine this week. That pink and black dress was a sight to behold.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown has viewing figures of around 2 million
    8 out of 10 Cats has viewing figures of around 1.6 million
    Countdown has viewing figures of around 0.25 million

The regular Countdown on the other hand is on practically every day of the year (every weekday, except for when racing's on and I think there's a summer break).

So it probably accounts for more viewer-hours then the other shows which are only once a week and for only one or two seasons a year.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Much more like it, the original and best cats was back again this week and on top form, I hated the countdown show. Why isn't it on in the same Friday 9pm slot, it would get more viewers. Love Sean locks search for a star joke ! Hilarious. You don't get these laughs doing countdown!!
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more like it, the original and best cats was back again this week and on top form, I hated the countdown show. Why isn't it on in the same Friday 9pm slot, it would get more viewers. Love Sean locks search for a star joke ! Hilarious. You don't get these laughs doing countdown!!

You do in my living room.

I like both shows, is that allowed?
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much more like it, the original and best cats was back again this week and on top form, I hated the countdown show.

Just seen the new 8 Out of 10 Cats. Much better and funnier than the Countdown version which seemed to rely on too many unamusing gimmicks.

It did help though that the non-comedian guests this week weren't too bad.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason to watch this rubbish is to see how the lovely Rachel is looking. Not the most intellectual of reasons, I readily admit.