Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YaffiYuk wrote: »
    It's interesting. People went to GMB for news only on Friday. And the figures went up. What does that tell producers?

STV viewers only accounted for about 100,000 according to the Ratings Thread so a genuine bounce there for GMB although still slaughtered by the BBC.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    STV viewers only accounted for about 100,000 according to the Ratings Thread so a genuine bounce there for GMB although still slaughtered by the BBC.

Maybe people went to GMB who were NOT looking for news ??

Once you knew the verdict all the rest was just waffle.
    I switched over to Channel 4 for the comedy.
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mondays figures are going to be interesting,would be good if they manage to keep the viewers they attracted on Friday.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if that does happen for Monday, once the new viewers see the programme return to its less newsy style on Tuesday, they are likely to melt away
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Even if that does happen for Monday, once the new viewers see the programme return to its less newsy style on Tuesday, they are likely to melt away
    They may have tweaked the show a bit for Monday, or perhaps they won't but people who did tune in would like it as it is? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    They may have tweaked the show a bit for Monday,
    And I might win the Euromillions Jackpot next Friday 9which would be a similar miracle as I don't play). ;)
    or perhaps they won't but people who did tune in would like it as it is? :)
    Some might, but I can't recall any previous instances of increased figures being sustained over the proceeding days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    And I might win the Euromillions Jackpot next Friday 9which would be a similar miracle as I don't play). ;)

Some might, but I can't recall any previous instances of increased figures being sustained over the proceeding days.

And of course Friday's GMB wasn't shown in Scotland, where the BBC got a huge ratings advantage which might have gained Breakfast some additional viewers.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    And of course Friday's GMB wasn't shown in Scotland, where the BBC got a huge ratings advantage which might have gained Breakfast some additional viewers.

Breakfast did not air on Friday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So some erstwhile Breakfast viewers might have gone to GMB to miss the continuing referendum programme on BBC one, only to return to Breakfast tomorrow.

It will be an interesting couple of day (if we get the figures).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Business as usual tomorrow, celebrating 20th anniversary of friends with what's your favourite friends catchphrase and an exclusive interview with Lindsey lohan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Breakfast did not air on Friday

Yes that was slightly odd as they had trailed the programme all week as being from Scotland, it seems the decision was taken late on Thursday as Breakfast was in all the listings for Friday. But I think it will still boost the early morning BBC audience.As has been suggested elsewhere the lift in the GMB audience was probably viewers fleeing from the referendum coverage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Friday GMB peaked at 7.35am with 912,000
    BBC peaked at 8am with 2.83m

Could say viewers left GMB to watch the BBC considering the peak viewing figures.
    I maybe reading it all wrong though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Business as usual tomorrow, celebrating 20th anniversary of friends with what's your favourite friends catchphrase and an exclusive interview with Lindsey lohan.

Yeah, that'll keep the new viewers hooked .......
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could say viewers left GMB to watch the BBC considering the peak viewing figures.

BBC normally wins 3 to 1.

But normally it is (roughly) !.5 million v 500,000 k, so, proportionally, no difference to normal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget the figure of 912,000 includes about 100,000 people watching the STV breakfast show as BARB combines different programmes in the same time slot so actually GMB peaked at about 800,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never known a show like GMB have such erratic viewing figures,nothing stable.
    Unlike breakfast where 1.5m is guaranteed.
  • Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If my memory serves me rightly Friends was never shown on ITV so why should GMB make a song & dance about the Friends 20th Anniversary. I would argue that should be CH4's/Sky/Comedy Centrals' prerogative. I found the Ben and Susanna bit on the replica sofa particularly toe curling followed by an immediate channel hop to BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only seems like yesterday,GMB were talking about friends with Ben and his starring role in it.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've done a few of these "anniversary" things since GMB launched.
    Seems like a pointless idea that someone has come up with thinking it's great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed GMB this morning,is the competition to win a holiday to Florida as well as their normal competition or instead of ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed GMB this morning,is the competition to win a holiday to Florida as well as their normal competition or instead of ?

I think there doing both. So who do we think will be going to Florida with the competition winner. It wont be Ben and Susanna as that was hinted at this morning as Ben said he wanted to go and Susanna said it wasnt them going.
    I think it could be
    Andi Peters
    Kate Garraway ( Went to Australia when Daybreak did a similar competition)
    Laura Tobin
    Sean Fletcher
    Richard Arnold
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I think there doing both. So who do we think will be going to Florida with the competition winner. It wont be Ben and Susanna as that was hinted at this morning as Ben said he wanted to go and Susanna said it wasnt them going.
    I think it could be
    Andi Peters
    Kate Garraway ( Went to Australia when Daybreak did a similar competition)
    Laura Tobin
    Sean Fletcher
    Richard Arnold

Faced with the possibility of going to Florida with any of that lot means I won't be entering the competition:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir and Dr Hilary more than likely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir and Dr Hilary more than likely.

Maybe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see GMB is now advertising on DS, obviously trying to raise the intellectual level of their viewers:D