Options

22 Jump Street

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
I just watched 22 Jump Street and I found it even better than the first film.Its so funny but I understand that its not to everybody taste.However if you liked the first film you have to see it!

8/10

By the way stay during the end credits!

Comments

• Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found this as amusing as the first, with the self aware jokes giving it that slight edge over similar ilk. Funniest scenes for me was Ice Cube going mental (though saw this coming) and Tatum's glee at Jonah Hill's character's misfortune.

And yes, the end credits (not sure if that actually railroads any sequels..), did genuinely make me laugh out loud. Loved the action dolls!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I don't know if the end credit bit was the writers way of dismissing the idea of any more sequels!
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think another film will be stretching the premise a bit and if they're relying on the leads youthful looks, I think any more college-based sequels are out of the window. Better to quit while they're ahead.

Just wait for the inevitable reboot in ooh, say, 3 years!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from seeing it. Loved the in-jokes - especially when
    Channing mentioned the premise of White House Down being a good idea for a job and them showing 23 Jump Street and they said "let's not get ahead of ourselves" :D
    I think while the credits showed that all the re-boots as being a funny, I think they could definitely do another one. Maybe it will be like The Hangover - they'll do a trilogy and then stop. I loved Seth Rogan turning up for one of them due to "contract disputes" with Jonah Hill :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree ASIFZED as maybe it is best for them to stop after this film as it would be the perfect end!
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got round to seeing this & it was certainly very funny.

Channing Tatum & Jonah Hill just bounce off each other so well.

The end credits were just as funny as the film!

It must be doing well because it's still on multiple screenings at various cinemas over a month after it opened.