Worst joke/line in Friends

Comments

• The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^

That was part of a much wider, 'Ross's Rage' thing, that took up most of the first part of the fifth season. None of it being particularly funny. I agree though the 'Sandwich' episode is where it really hit rock bottom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    DaniB wrote: »
    The episode where Phoebe is comforting Rachel and says "aw Pheebs".. Rachel says, "that's your name" and Phoebe says "That's short for Phoebe? I thought that's just what we called each other"

Dumb dumb dumb :yawn:

Lol, I actually liked that line. Simply because Phoebe looked like a complete idiot.

An episode that airs tonight on E4 is the one where Ross sings "Baby Got Back" to get Emma to sleep.

This plot somehow actually took up an entire episode! Dreadful writing.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    and the episode where mike and david have a finger fight then david gives mike his card.
    rubbish.
    Forum Member
    Mike was an awful character. I still can't believe Phoebe ended up with him rather then David, it didn't seem right.

I hope Mike wasn't popular with the audience.
  • Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel stalking the paediatrician WEEEEEEEEEEENER and the fact that Ross the PhD would still attend his paediatrician wtf was that about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T
    though I must say one of me fave episodes is in that last series when joey, rachel, ross and charley have the double date - pant-wettingly funny!!

I agree, definately one of my favourite episodes. I never found Ross to be really funny but in that episode he was great. I also loved him in the tanning one.
    One of my fave lines was in the thanksgiving episode where are the secrets came out. I loved when Ross screamed 'Hurricane Gloria didn't break the porch swing Monica did'. Classic!

This has me pmsl'ing just now!
  • tellyadicttellyadict Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joeys attempt to speak French

The shark episode

The general change of personalities especially Ross and Joey.

Flashback monica trying to be sexy to get back on Chandler

There are others but I seem to have blotted them from memory
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I think the last ever joke was weak -

Rachel: Do you guys wanna get some coffee?
    Chandler: Where?

OK, I suppose the final joke was always gonna be a hard one to hit, and perhaps because of the expectation, nothing would have been able to hit the mark perfectly. But to end a series which had spawned so many laugh-out-loud jokes, the whole thing just seemed weak.

Though i think they wereent trying to make it too funny so it could be moving aswell, because its the last one and all. Even so it always has me in tears.
  • NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    ^^

That was part of a much wider, 'Ross's Rage' thing, that took up most of the first part of the fifth season. None of it being particularly funny. I agree though the 'Sandwich' episode is where it really hit rock bottom.

They degenerated Ross into one massive Freudian nutjob, much in the same way Homer Simpson was turned into an injury prone retard. He used to be a believable character but after they gave him so many breakdowns he was just plain creepy, especially with the bizarre innuendos about Monica that would occasionally slip out. I mean what the hell were they thinking?
  • muldranmuldran Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    "That'll teach you to lick my muffin."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PANNAL1 wrote: »
    Ross's rage over a sandwich,,you ate my sandwich ..MY SANDWICH!!

Awful!

Yes I agree, that was terrible. Also the one where Joey speaks French and says it so incorrectly its just plain irritating
    Forum Member
    Netizen wrote: »
    They degenerated Ross into one massive Freudian nutjob, much in the same way Homer Simpson was turned into an injury prone retard. He used to be a believable character but after they gave him so many breakdowns he was just plain creepy, especially with the bizarre innuendos about Monica that would occasionally slip out. I mean what the hell were they thinking?

The "Stop staring at my wife's legs...No stop staring at your sister's legs" springs to mind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netizen wrote: »

What about when Rachel was describing hers and Ross' first kiss...Monica was a little bit too much 'excited' by it :/
    Forum Member
    When Ross pretended to be dead so he could see who would come to his memorial service was all kinds of awful. Didn't Ross care about the effect it would have on people? His parents? Ben? Family?

Dire plot.
    Forum Member
    What about when Rachel was describing hers and Ross' first kiss...Monica was a little bit too much 'excited' by it :/

Wasn't it Monica herself though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it Monica herself though...

Oh god yeah, I forgot about that little piece of nasty crap.
  • craigy132craigy132 Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my least favourite episodes was the 'hand twin' one. It was just to stupid to laugh at
  • Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    RyAn_? wrote: »
    lol this isnt a line or anythign but its the one episode of friends I dont like to re-watch-

not sure on its proper title but its the one from season 10 where Joey speaks french.

I thought it was pretty pathetic.

Phoebe teaching him and he just repeats crap-funny at first but then just....:yawn:

friends threads always make me wish for news of a reunion....:cry:

I disagree with on one thing. The classic milk drinking at the end. A choked on my drink over that.
  • Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    TrinityMG wrote: »
    When Ross pretended to be dead so he could see who would come to his memorial service was all kinds of awful. Didn't Ross care about the effect it would have on people? His parents? Ben? Family?

I think that was the joke :p
  • NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    The "Stop staring at my wife's legs...No stop staring at your sister's legs" springs to mind

Thanks for that one, was trying to think of quotes! Another comes to mind altho not accurate..

"Which [lingerie] would make your litter sister look hotter in?"

"...... *points* that one."

*criiinge"
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    I did enjoy the episodes with Rachel's sisters, they were well written and very funny.

Always annoyed me how sometimes they knocked on Monica's door and other times walked right on in!

Even if she wasn't there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god yeah, I forgot about that little piece of nasty crap.

Huh? I don't get it :confused::)
    Forum Member
    Huh? I don't get it :confused::)

Truestepper said "Monica got a bit excited over Ross and Rachel's first kiss" I replied saying "Wasn't it Monica herself" to which then was the reply "Forgot about that nasty piece of crap" All i can think of is presumably truestepper didnt think much of that storyline or it was a joke...im stumped
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still stumped but thanks!! :D
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the one where it turned out Ross' first kiss with Rachel was actually with Monica. Just a bit gross and unnecessary I thought. :p