13»

Comments

• Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the new daleks have destroyed the old daleks, and gone back in time

next bit in spoiler

The daleks go back home to Skaro, destroy all the daleks, and davros, and rebuild the dalek empire, so there fore the time war never took place, so now the time lord exsist once more, all of this cause the cracks in time, as all that has happend was not meant to happen

This might explain why amy dosnt remember the daleks, at the end of time never happened
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    It may be that it is the 90s but there is someone there who invented the internet, laptops, mobile phones plasma and lcd tvs the lot and got very rich

maybe
    Someone sent back in time by the Weeping Angels like the policeman (Billy?) who went into the dvd trade when he had been sent back, It could be someone technical minded who ended up mega rich due to future knowledge
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    While the laptops and camera phones certainly suggest it's circa 2010, supposedly (not checked it myself) all the Cars have registration numbers from the 1990's.

Also IIRC when set photo's of Leadworth were leaked people picked up on the fact that there was a newspaper stand giving the date as sometime in the 1990's.

The theory at the time was that this was for scenes with Young Amy but as all those scenes were just in her house/garden why did they dress the village green scene for the 1990's?

Even though the Reality Bomb would have affected all Universes it was only the Earth of the Whoverse that was moved across Space and invaded by Daleks.

So it could be possible that Amy is from a Universe where the Daleks have never been heard of.

Only trouble with the theory that all this series is in an alt universe is that we were told in RotC/AoS that the TARDIS could not work in another Universe.

I think I read somewhere that instead os a "Doctor and Companion - lite" episode (like "Blink") we'll get a "Doctor-lite" episode (like "Turn Left"), where there will be little of the Doctor but a lot of Amy. It's possible more stuff was shot with young Amelia which will be incorporated into a later episode, and those scenes will be set in the mid-90s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jim863 wrote: »
    My guess is Amy missed the daleks because she was in the same prison as Zero and is being followed around by the crack which is somehow causing all the time dilation and anachronisms..

Unless everyone else has forgotten the daleks too..

Did the eye-in-the-sky aliens think that they'd got Zero or could it be her?

Well, her full name has some interesting anagrams...
    Escaped Jail Domain
    Escaped Main Jail, So?
    O, Escaped Main Jails

That would tie in with your theory, jim!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, her full name has some interesting anagrams...
    Escaped Jail Domain
    Escaped Main Jail, So?
    O, Escaped Main Jails

That would tie in with your theory, jim!

I'm convinced Amy could be prisoner zero. The one in episode 1 was just a diversion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following on from my earlier post about Leadworth and dates, I read on an online encyclopedia that may or may be completely accurate that we'll meet Aunt Sharon (Amelia's guardian), so it is possible we'll see young Amelia in a mid-90s Leadworth.
  • Options
    bunnydsbunnyds Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    While the laptops and camera phones certainly suggest it's circa 2010, supposedly (not checked it myself) all the Cars have registration numbers from the 1990's.

Some do, but there are several younger cars, two with a visible 2005 reg. Saw a blog saying that all the cars had 1990s reg. plates which he served to illustrate with a pic of one of the 2005 cars - plonker!
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.sylvestermccoy.com/newdoctorwho/

This site may provide some info.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    this was odd remember way back in The Next Doctor, the Doctor said it was odd that nobody remembered the giant cyberman thing too maybe the two are linked

To be fair, I think many of us would like to forget the giant cyberman thing... decent episode until the giant cyberman thing appeared...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What giant cyberman thing?
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syn22 wrote: »
    The Daleks, using their Oblivium technology, open up a dimensional rift and go through. The TARDIS, during 10's chaotic regeneration, detects this danger and follows. The TARDIS crashes in this new universe, due to lack of power, and regenerates. The TARDIS changes to adopt to the new Universe, ultimately however, the TARDIS scars its new Universe by creating cracks in reality.

Is this an actual spoiler (i.e. you have heard this is what's going to happen) or this is just speculation on your part (which means, of course, it's not really a spoiler then is it).
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    If the new daleks have destroyed the old daleks, and gone back in time

next bit in spoiler

The daleks go back home to Skaro, destroy all the daleks, and davros, and rebuild the dalek empire, so there fore the time war never took place, so now the time lord exsist once more, all of this cause the cracks in time, as all that has happend was not meant to happen

This might explain why amy dosnt remember the daleks, at the end of time never happened

I like this theory a lot for some reason. Its like the weeping angels- they feed on the potential energy which the victims would have used up in life. If the Time War never happened then all that energy could be disrupting time itself and thus causing the cracks.....

....these cracks seem somewhat linked to Amy, seemingly following her around. Maybe she had a very different life in an alternate timeline which is undone by the daleks changing the universe and that is why the cracks converge on places that she is. She could in fact be Prisoner Zero somehow, but I don't know, so I shall stop these ramblings....:D
  • Options
    blimpyboyblimpyboy Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Seems to me that the lateness of the doctor and all the time problems may be linked to the last series.

I may be barking up the wrong tree here but was it ever explained what had accelerated the Oods evolution in TEOT?

And weren't they prophesising "Too late, too late, always too late" or something like that?

Any thoughts anyone?
  • Options
    Syn22Syn22 Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Is this an actual spoiler (i.e. you have heard this is what's going to happen) or this is just speculation on your part (which means, of course, it's not really a spoiler then is it).

It's just a theory. I was unsure of board etiquette when I posted it, so covered it just incase.
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as above

Its because its not 2010 in leadworth...see rory's badge

the clock in the tardis is wrong

has he even asked amy what year it was when he picked her up?
  • Options
    mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think, if there is more to amy then why the whole (frankly boring) "should be at my wedding tomorrow" story.
    Sure it could be a red herring but as red herrings go its pretty pointless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Leadworth is a fake village in a bubble, then perhaps it could be a trap for the Doctor. Now that he's picked up Amy, she's moving around time and space, spreading the crack like an infection.

ADDS: ..... steady.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Bad_titan wrote: »
    If Leadworth is a fake village in a bubble, then perhaps it could be a trap for the Doctor. Now that he's picked up Amy, she's moving around time and space, spreading the crack like an infection.

ADDS: ..... steady.

like this - maybe its not the crack hes spreading round the universe but the bubble itself - and if so what is the implication for the Daleks - how far could they have gone if they are contained within the bubble???