Options

'People think I deserve to die,' says cancer-stricken Jade

Comments

• Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    2008 is the year of Jade and her plumbing.

(the leaks she has had for some five years are of course a figment of everybodies imagination)
    sorry:o

but I had to laugh at this post as it is spot on:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broadsheet (as was) joining in:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/terence-blacker/terence-blacker-the-snobbery-and-yobbery-of-our-sporting-culture-956563.html

"Get real Jade, OK!

In a cancer tie-in interview, the reality TV star Jade Goody has revealed that she is planning her funeral: lots of tears and no drunkenness will be the order of the day. Her children have yet to be told that she is seriously ill, she said. Above all, she is absolutely determined that her state of health should not in any way be the subject of media exploitation, she told OK! magazine. "

Dripping with sarcasm!
  • Options
    PerarduamollyPerarduamolly Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Just on the subject of the 6 month radiotherapy session. I've just finished a course of the same and at the start the new patients were given a guided tour of the radiotherapy unit and a talk about what was going to happen to us. We were told that the maximum dosage was given over 35 sessions (at one a day).

So to recap- maximum dosage for any cancer is 35 days. Not 6 months.

I got 25 treatments and I have grade 3 breast cancer.

Thanks crystal meth for your thoughts on Grade 3 survival chances, I really really hope that you don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe there is a formula to divide Jade's statements so as to make sense. If the eight hour operation was divided by 4 it would be believable, if the year's chemo was divided by 4 that would be believable (8 dose dense sessions). If the hospital stay was divided by 4 ditto.
  • Options
    gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    Just on the subject of the 6 month radiotherapy session. I've just finished a course of the same and at the start the new patients were given a guided tour of the radiotherapy unit and a talk about what was going to happen to us. We were told that the maximum dosage was given over 35 sessions (at one a day).

Thanks crystal meth for your thoughts on Grade 3 survival chances, I really really hope that you don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe there is a formula to divide Jade's statements so as to make sense. If the eight hour operation was divided by 4 it would be believable, if the year's chemo was divided by 4 that would be believable (8 dose dense sessions). If the hospital stay was divided by 4 ditto.

In OK mag Jade says she is having 5 weeks radiotherapy, then a year of chemo.

A lot of people dont know what they are talking about on here. Good luck with your treatment.
  • Options
    Alice SAlice S Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    gertie wrote: »

A lot of people dont know what they are talking about on here. Good luck with your treatment.

A good friend of mine had radio and chemotherapies for breast cancer. She had chemotherapy first at a rate of every day for three weeks then a week's break. This regime went on for six months. After that she had three months of radiotherapy at a rate of one dose a week.

Radiotherapy can't be done directly after an op, as it burns the skin, and a fresh operation scar can't take it.

If anyone doesn't know what she's talking about, it appears to be Jade.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alice S wrote: »
    A good friend of mine had radio and chemotherapies for breast cancer. She had chemotherapy first at a rate of every day for three weeks then a week's break. This regime went on for six months. After that she had three months of radiotherapy at a rate of one dose a week.

Radiotherapy can't be done directly after an op, as it burns the skin, and a fresh operation scar can't take it.

If anyone doesn't know what she's talking about, it appears to be Jade.

I suggest you look up radiotherapy after an operation, then appologise to me;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suggest you look up radiotherapy after an operation, then appologise to me;)

Bit touchy aren't you?

Perhaps as you're so knowledgable, you could provide me with a link?

I didn't actually say it couldn't be done after an op, just not directly after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit touchy aren't you?

Perhaps as you're so knowledgable, you could provide me with a link?

I didn't actually say it couldn't be done after an op, just not directly after.

Sorry cant do link but copied this

CONCLUSIONS: Postoperative prophylactic radiotherapy improved the 5-year survival rate in esophageal cancer patients with positive lymph node metastases and in patients with stage III disease compared with similar patients who did not receive radiation therapy. These results were almost significant for patients with positive lymph node metastases and highly significant for patients with stage III disease.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry cant do link but copied this

CONCLUSIONS: Postoperative prophylactic radiotherapy improved the 5-year survival rate in esophageal cancer patients with positive lymph node metastases and in patients with stage III disease compared with similar patients who did not receive radiation therapy. These results were almost significant for patients with positive lymph node metastases and highly significant for patients with stage III disease.

With respect, that doesn't actually say that radiotherapy can be done directly after an operation, only that it can improve survival rates of people with oesophagal cancer.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surgical wound must be properly healed before radiotherapy begins - to ensure that the wound does not break down subsequently.

This will vary from person to person - depending on their own body's ability to heal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    With respect, that doesn't actually say that radiotherapy can be done directly after an operation, only that it can improve survival rates of people with oesophagal cancer.

http://www.cancer.ie/action/radiotherapy.php
    It is recommended that radiotherapy starts about four to six weeks after surgery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cazza23 wrote: »
    The surgical wound must be properly healed before radiotherapy begins - to ensure that the wound does not break down subsequently.

This will vary from person to person - depending on their own body's ability to heal.

Exactly.
    My mum's breast cancer metastised and because of it she had a tumour on her neck too. When she went for radiotherapy on it, her skin was very red, and the tumour was weeping fluid. When my friend had it, she came back looking as if she'd been sunbathing for a few hours in very hot sunlight.

This is the result of radiotherapy - can you imagine trying to do that on a fresh or fairly fresh wound?

http://www.edu.rcsed.ac.uk/Wound%20Management/Radiotherapy%20Treatment%20reactions.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mzstake wrote: »
    http://www.cancer.ie/action/radiotherapy.php
    It is recommended that radiotherapy starts about four to six weeks after surgery.

Exactly what I'm saying - it can't be done on a fresh wound, directly after an operation. The wound has to heal first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    Exactly what I'm saying - it can't be done on a fresh wound, directly after an operation. The wound has to heal first.

Jade must be coming up to 4 weeks or at least 3 weeks from surgery.

Also radiotherapy is very carefully directed. It is so carefully planned you have little tattoo's in the spot that they want to hit. It doesn't follow that the area they will be targeting will be directly under the scar site. I have five or maybe six little blue dot tattoo's none anywhere near my surgery scar.

I would agree that to apply radiation on a unhealed wound would cause problems.
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member

I don't partic know what I'm talking about - I did say I don't know what grade 3 means.

What I do know is that some friends who have had cancer that spread to their organs or bones or lymphatic system have all died a long slow painful tortuous death whilst being toxified by the government. The ones who were caught too late or refused treatment died quickly / unexpectedly. Some were into natural solutions and some were just not wanting the treatment - my mum's ex boyf -alcoholic- who had cancer of the liver, refused treatment, and did a George Best basically.

From my own experience, I was told that I needed the same treatment as Jade when I was (wrongly) diagnosed with lymphatic cancer and they said I would have a 50/50 survival rate so long as it hadn't spread further (they didn't give me a 'grade'). They said I could stay living at home so long as I had a home nurse and just come in for the chemo. My friend who underwent the same treatment for a tumour near her brain survived and now has the all-clear. It's only the people I know who's cancer spread who didn't - I wrongly assumed that's maybe what the 'grade' was about?
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member

^ See my above answer. I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer and I hope, like my friend you eventually get the 'all clear'. I was told I would need 12 months of chemo and my friend with a tumour near her brain had radio therapy for what seemed like forever and her chemo went on for months, maybe up to a year, so I don't know if there's been changes / advances since then but that was def the case 10 years ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I don't think she 'deserves' to die... I just don't think she deserves any publicity for bring ill. If she IS ill, which I'm not terribly sure about.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    snakestone wrote: »
    i try hard with your language but i get better.

You do really well. I'd be chuffed if I could manage your language.
  • Options
    Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    For starters - the nonsense about her hysterectomy taking 8 hours. I know I'm going to sound like a broken record by repeating this, yet again but this procedure - even if it was a radical hysterectomy - does NOT take 8 hours. This is the nonsense which she was peddling before she was even admitted to hospital.

She had the audacity to liken her surgery to a heart transplant and has repeatedly contradicted herself in matters to do with her condition.

She clearly forgets that there are many, many people in this country who know a lot more about it than she does........... so why she thinks she can fabricate this nonsense and not be regarded with suspicion is simply a measure of her own stupidity.

She is not conducting interviews to support her children - she is doing it because she is a chronic attention-seeker - nothing more.

I thought Jade was supposed to hate liars :rolleyes: I remember her screaming it at Shilpa Shetty but it seems that she's told so many lies herself, she doesn't know if she's coming or going.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cancer-stricken Jade 'is comforted by dying Wendy Richard at first chemotherapy treatment'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Giggles wrote: »
    Cancer-stricken Jade 'is comforted by dying Wendy Richard at first chemotherapy treatment'

I'm puzzled by the comment about her chemotherapy being described as "agony". :confused:

Now I'll admit to not being very well-versed in this but my Mum had chemotherapy - and whilst it made her feel crap, the treatment itself wasn't painful.

So why then does it appear that anything which Jade experiences is so-o-o-o much more traumatic than it is for anyone else?? :confused:

If there is anyone who has had chemo which was painful - or knows anyone whose experience of chemo was like this, could they please offer some insight into this for us?
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm puzzled by the comment about her chemotherapy being described as "agony". :confused:

Now I'll admit to not being very well-versed in this but my Mum had chemotherapy - and whilst it made her feel crap, the treatment itself wasn't painful.

So why then does it appear that anything which Jade experiences is so-o-o-o much more traumatic than it is for anyone else?? :confused:

If there is anyone who has had chemo which was painful - or knows anyone whose experience of chemo was like this, could they please offer some insight into this for us?
    My Dad had multiple myeloma which is a very aggressive (and still relatively rare) form of cancer, and the chemo treatment he had was pretty heavy-going. However he never complained of pain, although he was always exhausted afterwards, and certainly not beaming from ear to ear when he left the hospital - he could barely walk.

But yes, I agree Cazza, everything that happens to Goody seems to be 100x worse than it is for any other mere mortal. :rolleyes:

I just wish she'd sod off and have her treatment in private and stop banging us over the head with how ill/scared she is. It makes a mockery of what my Dad (and many many others) went through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flyingv wrote: »
    My Dad had multiple myeloma which is a very aggressive (and still relatively rare) form of cancer, and the chemo treatment he had was pretty heavy-going. However he never complained of pain, although he was always exhausted afterwards, and certainly not beaming from ear to ear when he left the hospital - he could barely walk.

But yes, I agree Cazza, everything that happens to Goody seems to be 100x worse than it is for any other mere mortal. :rolleyes:

I just wish she'd sod off and have her treatment in private and stop banging us over the head with how ill/scared she is. It makes a mockery of what my Dad (and many many others) went through.

Yes - Mum used to say that it was a bit like feeling as if she had the flu - or as if she'd been kicked by a horse.

Ah well - if Jade and her mad cohorts prefer to describe having chemotherapy as "agony", will they also take full responsibility for their stupid remarks if they succeed in putting vulnerable people off chemotherapy which they may desperately need in order to survive?? :mad:

No - I suspect they won't.

After all - it appears that for them, the entire world now revolves around this vacuous little madam - and everyone else's suffering or anxiety pale into insignificance. :o
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed, he speaks English (or rather types) much better than half the people on here :)

I agree but,.... I think that snakestone might be a female?
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

AFAIK Chemo isn't painful but the after effects do make you feel like crap which is why my dad didn't bother with Chemo.