Symphonic Metal

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    This sounds interesting! Would you say its similar to Sisters of Mercy? Temple of Love, More etc.

Was there supposed to be a link in there somewhere?
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a good UK based symphonic rock band with a newly released album

http://enkelination.bandcamp.com/
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I will check them out later. :)

Two more British bands, Pythia and Winter In Eden have albums coming out soon as well!! :D
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I reckon 'Never Ending' would make a good James Bond theme.
    And 'Tears of Lust' would make a good Bond movie title.
    In fact there are a few symphonic metal tunes that would work for 007.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will check them out later. :)

Two more British bands, Pythia and Winter In Eden have albums coming out soon as well!! :D

Another two bands I recently discovered :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another two bands I recently discovered :D

The new Winter In Eden album, Court of Conscience, is well worth checking out. Their best album yet I think!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an example from 1969: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od95KRjPat0

I'm sure it's as awful now as it was then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Y'all may be interested in an Indiegogo campaign being run by enkElination to help them make a video for their song Last Time Together.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/music-video-for-enkelination

Hear the song here :)

http://enkelination.bandcamp.com/track/last-time-together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone heard the new Selene EP? Seems to be getting good reviews in the blogosphere.

http://seleneni.bandcamp.com/album/paradise-over

Also, not long now to the new album from Pythia. Looking forward to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone heard the new Selene EP? Seems to be getting good reviews in the blogosphere.

http://seleneni.bandcamp.com/album/paradise-over

Also, not long now to the new album from Pythia. Looking forward to that.

I'll check it out. :)

I'm looking forward to the new Pythia album too, I saw them earlier this year and Emily said they were very pleased with it.

The new Winter In Eden album is getting very good reviews as well, I think it is by far their best.

I'm going to see Lacuna Coil tonight, so really looking forward to that! :D
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I've listened to it since I was about 16, so quite a while. Of course, I like a lot of other genres too, but Therion are one of my favourite bands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to see Delain tomorrow night, anyone else got tickets for the tour? I was surprised when they announced this short tour, though, as I spoke to both Martijn and Charlotte after they supported Within Temptation at Wembley Arena and they said they didn't think they would have enough time to play the UK again this year.

It shows what a good support can do, though, as they are playing bigger venues and every night is sold out. :)

Oh, and Pythia have confirmed they have received the new CDs so they should be shipped soon! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of these bands ever come to Northern Ireland so if I wanted to see them, it involves great expense which I can't afford :(

PS I really wish people would give over about Within Temptation headlining Bloodstock next year. They are as deserving as any other band of the honour :mad:

PPS My brother is getting me the Within Temptation DVD for Christmas :D
    Forum Member
    I'm going to see Delain tomorrow night, anyone else got tickets for the tour? I was surprised when they announced this short tour, though, as I spoke to both Martijn and Charlotte after they supported Within Temptation at Wembley Arena and they said they didn't think they would have enough time to play the UK again this year.

It shows what a good support can do, though, as they are playing bigger venues and every night is sold out. :)
    They'll be playing main support to Sabaton at the London Forum in January too.
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Xandria are worth a listen - India and Snowwhite
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Yes, I saw that. Both bands are supporting Nightwish on their American tour early next year as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is a shame it is a Monday or I might have gone!!

Delain were very, very, good last night. They played the Academy 2 in Birmingham, which was sold out, and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't do a headlining tour next year and play the main Academy venues.
    Forum Member
    It is a shame it is a Monday or I might have gone!!

Delain were very, very, good last night. They played the Academy 2 in Birmingham, which was sold out, and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't do a headlining tour next year and play the main Academy venues.

If you're just talking Birmingham, it's a big jump from Academy 1 & 2. Academy 2 is 600 capacity & the main room is 3,000. I don't see them at that stage yet. Especially if they're still playing support to bands like Sabaton, who aren't at that level
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZSWKB1_o4EHeard this on The Office (US) and loved it
    Savatage - Christmas Eve
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're just talking Birmingham, it's a big jump from Academy 1 & 2. Academy 2 is 600 capacity & the main room is 3,000. I don't see them at that stage yet. Especially if they're still playing support to bands like Sabaton, who aren't at that level

They are supporting Sabaton on their European tour, which I would have thought would be at bigger venues than The Forum. Their support slot for Within Temptation's UK tour gained them a lot of new fans, which was eveident last week as there were a lot of people wearing WT Hydra tour t-shirts and the three date tour they have just done sold out pretty quickly so with the right promotion they could move up to the bigger venue.

After all, if you told WT in 2007 they would be playing Wembley Arena in seven years they would have laughed because when they played Brixton Academy on that tour it was barely half full.

On a related note, this must have hurt!! :o

Delain bassist Otto Schimmelpenninck injured during Birmingham show

Fair play to Otto, though, there was nothing to suggest he was injured at all during the gig!! I only read about it the following day.
    Forum Member
    They are supporting Sabaton on their European tour, which I would have thought would be at bigger venues than The Forum. Their support slot for Within Temptation's UK tour gained them a lot of new fans, which was eveident last week as there were a lot of people wearing WT Hydra tour t-shirts and the three date tour they have just done sold out pretty quickly so with the right promotion they could move up to the bigger venue.

After all, if you told WT in 2007 they would be playing Wembley Arena in seven years they would have laughed because when they played Brixton Academy on that tour it was barely half full.

On a related note, this must have hurt!! :o

Delain bassist Otto Schimmelpenninck injured during Birmingham show

Fair play to Otto, though, there was nothing to suggest he was injured at all during the gig!! I only read about it the following day.

It's got them a lot of free publicity though. So I guess it might be worth the pain in the long run.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My perks from the enkElination Indiegogo campaign arrived today and I am watching the live show video now.

I have to say after seeing them cover Queen's The Show Must Go On, Elina Siirala has really gone up in my estimation of her vocal talent. She nailed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I am coming around (sort of) to the harsher vocal style, at least in so far as their use on songs like Silver Moonlight and Tell Me Why by Robert Westerholt. I even listened to an Epica album yesterday and was not put off by the harsher vocals.

I will always prefer the predominant vocal style to be clean vocals but it's good that I can listen to more music in the symphonic genre.